Things are going down in the NBA

Buftex

Wow, there has been some major moves in the NBA, just prior to the trade deadline...(cue ieatcrayonz)

I know there are some NBA fans here...what do you think? Awful lot of superstar talent migrating from the West to the East...

My Celtics, apparently, traded Kendrick Perkins and Nate Robinson to OK City for Jeff Green & Nenad Krstic. Rumour out of Boston is, this trade has most of the vets on the team livid. I understand the trade, but I don't like it...this might be the last real chance this team has to win a ring...I think they lose more than they gain here, for this season..now they have to depend on Shaq to be healthy for a grueling playoff run...as well as he has played, I just don't see that happening...Perkins was an old school defender, but his injuries and expiring contract status make logical sense, if not emotional sense.

Edited by Buftex

Dude great move by OK City. I love Nate Robinson. I'm glad he's off the evil Celtics now I can fully root for him. Perkins solid pick up too.

Yeah, I don't know what the Celtics are thinking. I think this weakens them the rest of the season. Krstic is pretty insignificant, and Green (who was originally drafted by the Celtics) is a decent prospect...but I don't think either of these guys contributes to a championship this year. Everything is going to fall on Garnett, and Shaq. KG is still a great player, but he has shown some age the last two years...and Shaq? Love the guy, but he isn't really built for playoff basketball anymore...and while I think the Celtics are still a damn good team, the Knicks just got better...the Bulls, Magic and even Philly are formidable...the east is getting stronger, no doubt.

Here, I started the day, getting excited, because Gang Green was rumored to be working a deal for Shane Battier...and then this happens! Maybe more coming...Perkins has been hurt the last few days, and was expected to miss the rest of this 4 game road trip...wonder if he passes OKC's physical. This just doesn't make much sense, the more I think about it, not for a Celtics team fighting to stay even with the Heat...

I like Nate Robinson too, he is a burst of energy, and can be a deadly streak shooter...I thought Boston was the perfect situation for him. Not sure what happens to him in OKC...more frustration (like in NY), or does he blossom and get more playing time?

Edited by Buftex

Yeah, I don't know what the Celtics are thinking. I think this weakens them the rest of the season. Krstic is pretty insignificant, and Green (who was originally drafted by the Celtics) is a decent prospect...but I don't think either of these guys contributes to a championship this year. Everything is going to fall on Garnett, and Shaq. KG is still a great player, but he has shown some age the last two years...and Shaq? Love the guy, but he isn't really built for playoff basketball anymore...and while I think the Celtics are still a damn good team, the Knicks just got better...the Bulls, Magic and even Philly are formidable...the east is getting stronger, no doubt.

Here, I started the day, getting excited, because Gang Green was rumored to be working a deal for Shane Battier...and then this happens! Maybe more coming...Perkins has been hurt the last few days, and was expected to miss the rest of this 4 game road trip...wonder if he passes OKC's physical. This just doesn't make much sense, the more I think about it, not for a Celtics team fighting to stay even with the Heat...

I like Nate Robinson too, he is a burst of energy, and can be a deadly streak shooter...I thought Boston was the perfect situation for him. Not sure what happens to him in OKC...more frustration (like in NY), or does he blossom and get more playing time?

Yeah, that Ray Allen guy is such a non-factor! And Paul Pierce, what a schmoe!

Not that I actually watch the NBA until the finals.

Yeah, that Ray Allen guy is such a non-factor! And Paul Pierce, what a schmoe!

Not that I actually watch the NBA until the finals.

Ray Allen and Paul Pierce are great players, but when the playoffs come around, having a presence in the middle makes all the difference. Many (myself included) believe that Perkins injury in the finals, last year, kept them from beating the Lakers in the final...scorers are great, but defense wins championships!

Assuming the Celtics make a run, they have to get by the likes of Dwight Howard, Lebron James....size can kill...

Edited by Buftex

I'm pretty much on board man. I agree Perkins is huge for the Celtics in the playoffs and Robinson was exactly what you said he was, " a burst of energy."

I don't get the move...but then again I barely know who these guys Celtics got are. Personal taste though I love Robinson and Durrant and would like to see them rise in the West and I hate Celtics so I'm happy.

Edited by dayman