Heros Unwelcome

Beerball

"I think they're too informed to risk their lives for Israel, Saudi Arabia, Rupert Murdoch, war profiteers like Richard Perle, liars like Don Rumsfeld and Paul Wolfowitz etc etc .... I think that's the point of their protest, trying to warn others."

Looks like someone's been shining the Daily Kos' hitch. Let me spell it out for you since naievete is your forte. These weaselly rich kids are the same people who would've dodged the draft in Vietnam. I have ZERO respect for them and their limousine liberal families because they lecture us, the average American, and contribute NOTHING to the greater good. Zero. The US Military is a VOLUNTEER organization. If it's majority minority, it is so not by design, but by the CHOICE of those who enlist. And the only way to make it TRULY representative is a blind draft which'll never happen because of people like the parents of these whiny silver-spooners.

"Didn't Cindy Sheehan pay the ultimate sacrifice as a parent? Where's your outrage at Fox for demonizing the mother of a war hero?"

I actually watch CNN for news, but whatever. Cindy Sheehan made a carnival out of her own son's death instead of being dignified about it. Any and all demonization she received was WELL earned.

Edited by joesixpack

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never said it's admission policy was racist. The racial remarks stem from the fact that a disproportionate amount of minorities end up fighting wars.

That's !@#$ing stupid. They take everyone equally, but only send the chinks and spooks to fight?

Who really cares? Are we really that thinned skinned in this country to be hurt by stuff like this. Of course rudeness stings however you slice it, whatever side you are on. But... One gets over it. What are we gonna be doing... Legislating how to act politely. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I hate this whole lording over thing. Like: "You wouldn't have your freedom if it wasn't for people like me." BS! I would be perfectly fine handling things on my own.

I am not agreeing with any sides here... Just respecting the various "playgrounds." What would one expect going into a "playground" like Columbia U...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Same with the other side.

I still stand by the comment:

"Great nations HAVE their heros... It is the sad nation that NEEDS them."

No disprespect... Just being frank. Sorry if I offend. I will still out of courtesy hold back many comments soas not to offend someone. Other people don't... No big deal.

I hate this whole lording over thing. Like: "You wouldn't have your freedom if it wasn't for people like me." BS! I would be perfectly fine handling things on my own.

So let me get this straight: you would be perfectly fine being solely in charge of your own freedom, but the minute a conservative says want less government, they're racist, extremist, islamophoic teabaggers?

Jesus.

So let me get this straight: you would be perfectly fine being solely in charge of your own freedom, but the minute a conservative says want less government, they're racist, extremist, islamophoic teabaggers?

Jesus.

Yes. No.

Holy leap of logic Batman!

You must have me confused with others that you stereotype as liberals... Dude, you all right? Go and find where I have ever said this stuff.

I use the term "Teabagger" because that is what they started calling themselves at first... It is a joke that gets you going... That is all. None of the other stuff you said even remotely sounds true about me. Your partisan side is really showing... You went to Fisher right? Didn't they teach you better at that fine Christian establishment than to do what you are doing.

Looks like someone's been shining the Daily Kos' hitch. Let me spell it out for you since naievete is your forte. These weaselly rich kids are the same people who would've dodged the draft in Vietnam. I have ZERO respect for them and their limousine liberal families because they lecture us, the average American

you mean like george w bush, cheney, ailes, limbaugh and a cadre of other neo conservatives who somehow managed to avoid any actua dangerous conflict in a time when there was a draft?

you mean like george w bush, cheney, ailes, limbaugh and a cadre of other neo conservatives who somehow managed to avoid any actua dangerous conflict in a time when there was a draft?

Exactly... "Weaselly rich kids" know any party affliation... Last time I looked, only a few Senator's kids were enlisted in the armed services.

"Some folks are born made to wave the flag,

Ooh, they're red, white and blue.

And when the band plays "Hail to the chief",

Ooh, they point the cannon at you, Lord,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senator's son, son.

It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no,

Yeah!

Some folks are born silver spoon in hand,

Lord, don't they help themselves, oh.

But when the taxman comes to the door,

Lord, the house looks like a rummage sale, yes,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no millionaire's son, no.

It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no.

Some folks inherit star spangled eyes,

Ooh, they send you down to war, Lord,

And when you ask them, "How much should we give?"

Ooh, they only answer More! more! more! yoh,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no military son, son.

It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, one.

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no no no,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate son, no no no,"

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Exactly... "Weaselly rich kids" know any party affliation... Last time I looked, only a few Senator's kids were enlisted in the armed services.

"Some folks are born made to wave the flag,

Ooh, they're red, white and blue.

And when the band plays "Hail to the chief",

Ooh, they point the cannon at you, Lord,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senator's son, son.

It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no,

Yeah!

Some folks are born silver spoon in hand,

Lord, don't they help themselves, oh.

But when the taxman comes to the door,

Lord, the house looks like a rummage sale, yes,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no millionaire's son, no.

It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no.

Some folks inherit star spangled eyes,

Ooh, they send you down to war, Lord,

And when you ask them, "How much should we give?"

Ooh, they only answer More! more! more! yoh,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no military son, son.

It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, one.

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no no no,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate son, no no no,"

Every time I hear this song it reminds me of the most ill-concieved campaign tactic in my lifetime; John Kerry's "Operation Fortunate Son". Talk about a crowd lacking observing ego.

It's funny, the Faux-news crowd is all worked up over Columbia students who really have negligible political influence. Yet they're not offended by President Bush who authorized the war, and Joe Lieberman who sponsored the war bill, yucking it up at a black tie affair, treating the whole rationale for war as some kind of joke.

That "joke" cost thousands of US lives, hundreds of thousands of civilian casualties, and added a trillion to the national debt.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

It's funny, the Faux-news crowd is all worked up over Columbia students who really have negligible political influence. Yet they're not offended by President Bush who authorized the war, and Joe Lieberman who sponsored the war bill, yucking it up at a black tie affair, treating the whole rationale for war as some kind of joke.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bl0sfF2j1iQ

That "joke" cost thousands of US lives, hundreds of thousands of civilian casualties, and added a trillion to the national debt.

Why not start a thread about that rather than using it to justify other people's behavior?

Why not start a thread about that rather than using it to justify other people's behavior?

Perfectly on point to the topic of proper treatment of war vets, the basis for criticizing the students.

So why don't you address the hypocrisy of giving the politicians who sent them to war a pass, while calling out a handful of 20-something college students who have virtually no political influence?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Which members of Congress have children that serve?

That wasn't my point. It was funny watching these dick bags bask in the euphoria that was "Operation Fortunate Son" which was the campaign equivalent of the guy at the dinner party keeping a conversation on life support by milking the topic long after it ceases to be interesting, and thinking he is cool as **** while everyone else rolls their eyes.

Edited by Rob's House

Perfectly on point to the topic of proper treatment of war vets, the basis for criticizing the students.

So why don't you address the hypocrisy of giving the politicians who sent them to war a pass, while calling out a handful of 20-something college students who have virtually no political influence?

Actually no, they are unrelated. The only relationship is war veterans.

The students have no class. If you fail to see that, you're the idiot.