Heros Unwelcome

Beerball

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purpose of his speech, I should have said.

And he should have stood up and shouted when other students gave their point of view? Because, that's the way we do things. Everything is fair game. Shout someone down, God forbid we listen to what they have to say.

oh wait..he couldn't stand up and shout.

He was there representing an institution which they feel is a tool of special interest groups and preys on lower middle class families. It doesn't matter who was delivering the message. He wasn't being booed for being injured in what he thought was a legitimate defense of his country (which is highly honorable), he was being booed for the purpose of his campus visit.

Thanks I get it now.

One thing: why did the young hippies yell "racist" at him? I understand that the military is inherently evil and racist thanks to your teachings, but shouldn't these students have said "racists" since there is more than one person in the military? I know they weren't yelling at him alone because you told me so.

Maybe Columbia doesn't teach grammar until junior year. I don't know, it doesn't make sense. Please help.

Edited by ieatcrayonz

Anthony Maschek is a hero for serving this country and not be heckled out by anyone. If it wasn't for the honorable men and women serving this country we would not be who we are today. I can tolerate people attacking me for my views but when it comes to our troops that is unacceptab­le. Period! These guys have seen things and experience situations that not many have been through, the least these Columbia students could do is give him a little respect. His choice was to serve this country..

Columbia what's your excuse! You don't have any!

Anthony Maschek thank you for your service to this country and ignore those that think otherwise.

Thanks I get it now.

One thing: why did the young hippies yell "racist" at him? I understand that the military is inherently evil and racist thanks to your teachings, but shouldn't these students have said "racists" since there is more than one person in the military. I know they weren't yelling at him alone because you told me so.

Maybe Columbia doesn't teach grammar until junior year. I don't know, it doesn't make sense. Please help.

Due to the disproportionate amount of military people from ethnic or lower income families, and lack representation from the war instigators.

Didn't see a single family member in Iraq from the chief government proponents like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Lieberman .... nor a key media cheerleader like Murdoch, Hannity, OReilly or Judith Miller ... or a war profiteer like Richard Perle.

He was there representing an institution which they feel is a tool of special interest groups and preys on lower middle class families. It doesn't matter who was delivering the message. He wasn't being booed for being injured in what he thought was a legitimate defense of his country (which is highly honorable), he was being booed for the purpose of his campus visit.

Joe would you feel any different if we were to use a mandatory 2 years service for everyone in the US that way no just poor people join everyone young boy and girl has to serve?

The reason that the lower class joins the service is they don't have the rich parents to pay for them to go off to college and do drugs and drink they join the Military so at some point they can go off to college and drink and do drugs.Not everyone is able to go to college and the military gives them a way out of the small towns or even ghettos.

Edited by Slayers

Due to the disproportionate amount of military people from ethnic or lower income families, and lack representation from the war instigators.

Didn't see a single family member in Iraq from the chief government proponents like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Lieberman .... nor a key media cheerleader like Murdoch, Hannity, OReilly or Judith Miller ... or a war profiteer like Richard Perle.

You misunderstood my question. Thanks to you I now understand that the military is a horrible organization preying on the poor and young and trying to make people everywhere dead.

My question is why did the hippies yell "racist", instead of "racists"? They weren't yelling at him, they were yelling at the entire military. Even if they weren't there, it was still not personal to him so the word should have been plural. Is their grammar really that bad at Columbia?

Joe would you feel any different if we were to use a mandatory 2 years service for everyone in the US that way no just poor people join everyone young boy and girl has to serve?The reason that the lower class joins the service is they don't have the rich parents to pay for them to go off to college and do drugs and drink they join the Military so at some point they can go off to college and drink and do drugs.Not everyone is able to go to college and the military gives them a way out of the small towns or even ghettos.

I think something like that has merit. Right now you have a huge discrepancy between those who initiate and benefit from wars, and those who actually fight them and make real sacrifice. It would also make war no longer an abstraction for people whose kids won't be fighting it, requiring them to be more critical of each wars necessity.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

So because people that choose to join are mostly "ethnic" the military is racist? Could you explain that a bit?

Sorry I couldn't respond I was busy with enjoying my free class thanks to the GiBill. My family has money and I did attend college before joining. I screwed it up and instead of having my parents bail me out I joined the USMC. Thank god they took a jackass like me and made me a man. Then they gave me a free education.

Thank You AMERICA !

You're an embarrassment, Mr. Sheehan. Where's the right on that campus, and why didn't they shout down the shouters?

Edited by joesixpack

Actually, the US military is one of the LEAST racist organizations in the country. That's why there's a disproportionate numver of military people from ethnic or lower income families: it's a meritocratic environment where they have opportunities available to them.

That would actually be the complete antithesis of "racist" - unlike elitist universities like Columbia.

Actually, the US military is one of the LEAST racist organizations in the country. That's why there's a disproportionate numver of military people from ethnic or lower income families: it's a meritocratic environment where they have opportunities available to them.

That would actually be the complete antithesis of "racist" - unlike elitist universities like Columbia.

Never said it's admission policy was racist. The racial remarks stem from the fact that a disproportionate amount of minorities end up fighting wars.

Never said it's admission policy was racist. The racial remarks stem from the fact that a disproportionate amount of minorities end up fighting wars.

BY CHOICE. We're a volunteer military.

And if all those bleedingheart Columbia students were so concerned, they could certainly give up their soft lives and enlist....

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

:lol:

BY CHOICE. We're a volunteer military.

And if all those bleedingheart Columbia students were so concerned, they could certainly give up their soft lives and enlist....HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

:lol:

I think they're too informed to risk their lives for Israel, Saudi Arabia, Rupert Murdoch, war profiteers like Richard Perle, liars like Don Rumsfeld and Paul Wolfowitz etc etc .... I think that's the point of their protest, trying to warn others.

You're an embarrassment, Mr. Sheehan. Where's the right on that campus, and why didn't they shout down the shouters?

Didn't Cindy Sheehan pay the ultimate sacrifice as a parent? Where's your outrage at Fox for demonizing the mother of a war hero?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack