Heros Unwelcome

Beerball

I don't know how long this thread will last before it's moved, probably not too long...but IMO the words and actions of this man's fellow classmates step far over the line. I realize this is nothing new or isolated, but, have your views & communicate them in a proper manner, but please, please don't belittle others because their views/actions differ from yours.

link

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A perfect example of the difference between wisdom and raw intelligence. The behavior of those students was abhorrent and they should be ashamed, regardless of anyone's political views.

he's in that chair so that they can jeer, boo, and hiss.

They weren't attacking him.

They don't want recruiting on campus.

Can you blame them given all the BS that got us into Iraq?

When he makes a statement like " ... no matter what you think about the army, there are bad men out there trying to kill us ... " he's making a political statement, and that makes him fair game.

They weren't attacking him.

They don't want recruiting on campus.

Can you blame them given all the BS that got us into Iraq?

When he makes a statement like " ... no matter what you think about the army, there are bad men out there trying to kill us ... " he's making a political statement, and that makes him fair game.

Are you the person to judge whether he was attacked or not?

He was jeered.

He was called a racist.

I would hazzard to guess that other words were tossed around that weren't printed in the article.

But he wasn't attacked? Now mind you this attack isn't of the scope of the one that gave him 11 wounds, but not attacked?

Are you the person to judge whether he was attacked or not?

He was jeered.

He was called a racist.

I would hazzard to guess that other words were tossed around that weren't printed in the article.

But he wasn't attacked? Now mind you this attack isn't of the scope of the one that gave him 11 wounds, but not attacked?

They're objecting to selling war on campus, no matter who was there to sell it. It wasn't personal to him.

That article seemed like it was missing about 90% of the information on this story.

It's from the NY Post, along with Fox, part of Rupert Murdoch's media empire.

A common technique of theirs is to distract from meaningful debate on the cause and necessity of foreign wars, by focusing on the manner in which objectors behave.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

"Universities should not be involved in military activities," Sociology Professor Emeritus Herbert Gans told The Post.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

If they weren't, he probably wouldn't have a job.

Where does it say he's a hero, anyway?

Edited by DC Tom

I wish people like you and those college punks would do this to a squad of Marines instead of hiding behind the internet or disrespecting a hero.

Kind of an odd response since I respect all armed services personel as people first, and don't want to see a single life of theirs wasted on wars for special interest groups, foreign media and other governments that use us.

Kind of an odd response since I respect all armed services personel as people first, and don't want to see a single life of theirs wasted on wars for special interest groups, foreign media and other governments that use us.

We have different pov, but at least we agree to respect those in uniform. The way he was treated sickens me.

We have different pov, but at least we agree to respect those in uniform. The way he was treated sickens me.

If you read Joe's posts in this thread carefully, then you will understand that the soldier was treated like royalty. The people who booed and hissed at him and called him a racist and did not let him speak are the ones that really care about him. He should be grateful. Maybe someday they will show how much they care by mocking him for his inability to walk.

The ungrateful soldier then goes and allows himself to be photographed for an evil newspaper that wants him dead.

Did I get that about right Joe? I'm still learning this stuff.

If you read Joe's posts in this thread carefully, then you will understand that the soldier was treated like royalty. The people who booed and hissed at him and called him a racist and did not let him speak are the ones that really care about him. He should be grateful. Maybe someday they will show how much they care by mocking him for his inability to walk.

The ungrateful soldier then goes and allows himself to be photographed for an evil newspaper that wants him dead.

You forgot to mention all of the free medical care he received. He should be grateful.

You forgot to mention all of the free medical care he received. He should be grateful.

And those Columbia students are paying for all of that medical care with their ta.......well, I mean with the theories they develop on idealogical societies as they wallow in self pity and light up another bong hit. The more I think about this, Joe's logic just can't be denied. I am starting to feel bad for the students for being subjected to someone that is so ungrateful. It is too bad all heroes can't be more like Mark Sanchez.

Speaking of cradle robbers, have you seen either Sage or Ennifer?

He was there representing an institution which they feel is a tool of special interest groups and preys on lower middle class families. It doesn't matter who was delivering the message. He wasn't being booed for being injured in what he thought was a legitimate defense of his country (which is highly honorable), he was being booed for the purpose of his campus visit.

He was there representing an institution which they feel is a tool of special interest groups and preys on lower middle class families. It doesn't matter who was delivering the message. He wasn't being booed for being injured in what he thought was a legitimate defense of his country (which is highly honorable), he was being booed for the purpose of his campus visit.

Joe...he's a student there. I think he probably visits often.