I yelled at & hung up on Verizon today

Albany,n.y.

Bullshiit!!

Also........

You said this before the goodbye:

By this time he was really getting on my nerves & I just yelled at him-you're not answering my questions, don't you understand English? Goodbye. I then hung up the phone.

I think our definitions of yelling are quite different. I didn't scream at the guy, just slightly raised my voice and voiced my annoyance at his lack of knowledge to do his job. My yelling is probably your whispering.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was trying to be polite, that's why I said goodbye, but the guy was such a freakin' moron, not answering a single question with an answer that made any sense, he just got too annoying to talk to any more.

If they are hired to talk about a product & they can't speak English, they shouldn't be calling me or anyone else in this country. He's the one who interrupted me, calling me out of the blue, not the other way around. The main reason I was so harsh was I was hoping the call was taped for review & the people who hired him would get the message to hire more qualified callers. I would have been very happy to hear my questions answered-they were pretty simple. For example, with cable the answers would have been simple to answer: "We have NBC, CBS, and ABC available On Demand in addition to many popular cable stations, but not all programs are available. They are usually available within 24 hours of their air date." It doesn't take a genius to know that answer.

Sounds like you're trying to justify being a jerk to someone undertrained/underqualified, instead of putting your anger where it belonged. It's extremely easy to request a supervisor rather than B word at the poor guy on the phone.

Edited by BlueFire

I think our definitions of yelling are quite different. I didn't scream at the guy, just slightly raised my voice and voiced my annoyance at his lack of knowledge to do his job. My yelling is probably your whispering.

Let me try again. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Please keep digging that ditch, cause its getting really quite funny.

Better, Mod's

Edited by erynthered

I'm stuck working a call center job for the time being (thanks economy!) and can assure you a customer lashing out fazes nobody. I'd say every fourth call involves someone freaking out--we usually don't take it seriously. You want results with a call center rep? Be polite and respectful. We never hear it and tend to bend over backwards to accommodate those who treat us like human beings.

I'm stuck working a call center job for the time being (thanks economy!) and can assure you a customer lashing out fazes nobody. I'd say every fourth call involves someone freaking out--we usually don't take it seriously. You want results with a call center rep? Be polite and respectful. We never hear it and tend to bend over backwards to accommodate those who treat us like human beings.

This.

Courtesy is a lost art. I had a run in this morning with a guy who cut the line at airport this morning. When I called him out he acted indignant.

If they are hired to talk about a product & they can't speak English, they shouldn't be calling me or anyone else in this country. He's the one who interrupted me, calling me out of the blue, not the other way around. The main reason I was so harsh was I was hoping the call was taped for review & the people who hired him would get the message to hire more qualified callers. \

The ask to speak to a supervisor. Or hang up.

Whenever I get mad about corporate policy that some executive in a suit put in place because the numbers crunched in his department's favor, I get red in the face, I feel the burn rise in my chest, and I decide to take action.

Do I track that guy down and send him an angry email? Do I send a letter to the CEO? Do I write an angry letter to the editor? No!

I call up some customer service rep working a miserable !@#$ing job trying to eke out a living, treat him like a piece of ****, and sit back satisfied that I let that mother !@#$er know what's up. That's what gets my dick hard.

Edited by Rob's House

Unless you're calling unsolicited to people in Mexico, France or a place where they don't speak English, butchering their language, then speaking in what they would think is gibberish in your attempt to speak their language, what you're doing has NO COMPARISON to what this guy is doing. People as incompetent as this guy are not being polite or respectful to the people they call & cannot expect to just skate through calls with people ignoring their incompetence.

Unless you're calling unsolicited to people in Mexico, France or a place where they don't speak English, butchering their language, then speaking in what they would think is gibberish in your attempt to speak their language, what you're doing has NO COMPARISON to what this guy is doing. People as incompetent as this guy are not being polite or respectful to the people they call & cannot expect to just skate through calls with people ignoring their incompetence.

What this guy is doing is taking whatever job he can get to feed his family. Hate the company, not the poor guy on the phone.

The most interesting thing I've found in the replies that defended the guy is the acceptance of gross incompetence in the workforce. The responses say oh poor guy, he needs a job..., but let him find a job where he can fail without annoying your company's customers, or let the company find him a job he can succeed at. It's both his fault & the company's. He shouldn't take a job he has no chance of succeeding at & they should either find a better fit within the company or let him go. Neither is doing the other one any favors.

I once got tossed out of a place after 2.5 hours because I jammed up a machine once too many times. It was a bad fit for both of us & to keep me there another hour would have extended the futility. Companies should not hire people to do jobs where their chance of failure is close to 100%, and if they do and things don't work out the best thing for everyone is to is cut ties quickly. Keeping incompetent employees does nobody any good.

Dunno for sure but, from my previous debates with Albany regarding the Bills QB situation, I'd have to guess the conversation went something like this...

(Warning - NSFW)

youtube.com/watch?v=Yj2oXMdZ4sk

He wasnt yelling at the customer Rep, he was only whispering. :lol:

Whenever I get mad about corporate policy that some executive in a suit put in place because the numbers crunched in his department's favor, I get red in the face, I feel the burn rise in my chest, and I decide to take action.

Do I track that guy down and send him an angry email? Do I send a letter to the CEO? Do I write an angry letter to the editor? No!

I call up some customer service rep working a miserable !@#$ing job trying to eke out a living, treat him like a piece of ****, and sit back satisfied that I let that mother !@#$er know what's up. That's what gets my dick hard.

Sounds like the philosophy that makes the PPP board run! :nana:

Sounds like the philosophy that makes the PPP board run! :nana:

PPP is kind of like a lazy man's letter to the editor. And the abuse is only dished out to those who engage in it for their own amusment. I occasionally do send an email or make a call to my reps. For what it's worth, I like you more over here than there.

PPP is kind of like a lazy man's letter to the editor. And the abuse is only dished out to those who engage in it for their own amusment. I occasionally do send an email or make a call to my reps. For what it's worth, I like you more over here than there.

Ditto!

But, I could say that about almost everyone who posts "over there"! There are only a few folks that I have no use for, in any forum, and you are not one of them. :thumbsup:

Edited by Buftex

The most interesting thing I've found in the replies that defended the guy is the acceptance of gross incompetence in the workforce. The responses say oh poor guy, he needs a job..., but let him find a job where he can fail without annoying your company's customers, or let the company find him a job he can succeed at. It's both his fault & the company's. He shouldn't take a job he has no chance of succeeding at & they should either find a better fit within the company or let him go. Neither is doing the other one any favors.

I once got tossed out of a place after 2.5 hours because I jammed up a machine once too many times. It was a bad fit for both of us & to keep me there another hour would have extended the futility. Companies should not hire people to do jobs where their chance of failure is close to 100%, and if they do and things don't work out the best thing for everyone is to is cut ties quickly. Keeping incompetent employees does nobody any good.

Which is why you talk to the person responsible, his supervisor.

Edited by BlueFire

actually in lieu of asking for a supervisor, asking him politely to look up the information you need...or even just hanging up...you chose to personally insult the guy and come on here and brag about your dickishness.

so yeah, that's why no one here seems to have your back.