Inventions (1860-1875)

CosmicBills

Was widely used before and during the Napoleonic era for just that, albiet fired out of a single barrel. It became largely obsolete before the Civil War with the invention and use of shell over shot.

Never heard of it being fired as an anti-personnel weapon out of two barrels, though. Rather silly.

Tgreg...try to dig up a mail order catalog from the era, that should have lots of "didn't know I needed it" goodies in it. Of course, the mail order catalog was invented in 1872...which, being full of "didn't know I needed it" goodies, would make it a good prop...

PVC was also invented in the 1870s...if you want to dress a character like Carrie Ann Moss in The Matrix.

Wardrobe would LOVE that! :devil:

How about a Research Dept line in the credits?

I would totally plug TBD in the research credits ... The network would love it -- would save 'em a bundle!

yeah, try and find an old SkyMall catalog... you should be golden then!

Hahahaha!!! Now I want to do that just for my own amusement. Maybe I will hide one on the desk, see if anyone catches it. :pirate:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wardrobe would LOVE that! :devil:

I would totally plug TBD in the research credits ... The network would love it -- would save 'em a bundle!

Hahahaha!!! Now I want to do that just for my own amusement. Maybe I will hide one on the desk, see if anyone catches it. :pirate:

Or a period analog..."RailMall".

Wait ... was it really? 'Cause that could solve another issue.

Probably fairly rudimentary, but yes.

Link

Link 2

Sir William Grove invented the first fuel cell in 1839. Grove knew that water could be split into hydrogen and oxygen by sending an electric current through it (a process called electrolysis). He hypothesized that by reversing the procedure you could produce electricity and water. He created a primitive fuel cell and called it a gas voltaic battery. After experimenting with his new invention, Grove proved his hypothesis.

Edited by UConn James

Wait ... was it really? 'Cause that could solve another issue.

Look dude why don't you just have some space alien accidentally land at this guy's house in a time machine and have this guys assistant; a good name would be Thaddeus, hop around space and time bringing back all sorts of useful crap from the future. You could work in some comic relief when Thaddeus brought back junk like microwaves that had to be plugged in and frustrated the main character. Plus no one had invented Hot Pockets yet anyway, so the microwave would be useless even when Thaddeus brought back a generator. Another idea is that he could bring back refrigerator magnets, but forget the refrigerator, rendering the magnets useless until a pivotal time in the film where the refrigerator is drawn back through space and time by its magnets and on the way into the scene totally takes out the bad guy. Or how about a lawnmower that is useless due to lack of lawns but if you want a little violence the guy could run over someones foot and there could be lots of blood? Just some thoughts....feel free to tweak them.

Why can't the main character go through and get his own junk???? Because Thaddeus is two foot six and fits in the pod because the dead alien is the same size. Next time please think before asking stupid questions like that.

Thaddeus could also bring back some useful stuff like a tennis racket. You could also follow Thaddeus on a trip into space/time where he gets laid, but probably not until the sequel.

And make sure to have Thaddeus also bring back a copyright infringement lawyer and/or Fez. James West is gonna be pissed about this character.

Look dude why don't you just have some space alien accidentally land at this guy's house in a time machine and have this guys assistant; a good name would be Thaddeus, hop around space and time bringing back all sorts of useful crap from the future. You could work in some comic relief when Thaddeus brought back junk like microwaves that had to be plugged in and frustrated the main character. Plus no one had invented Hot Pockets yet anyway, so the microwave would be useless even when Thaddeus brought back a generator. Another idea is that he could bring back refrigerator magnets, but forget the refrigerator, rendering the magnets useless until a pivotal time in the film where the refrigerator is drawn back through space and time by its magnets and on the way into the scene totally takes out the bad guy. Or how about a lawnmower that is useless due to lack of lawns but if you want a little violence the guy could run over someones foot and there could be lots of blood? Just some thoughts....feel free to tweak them.

Why can't the main character go through and get his own junk???? Because Thaddeus is two foot six and fits in the pod because the dead alien is the same size. Next time please think before asking stupid questions like that.

Thaddeus could also bring back some useful stuff like a tennis racket. You could also follow Thaddeus on a trip into space/time where he gets laid, but probably not until the sequel.

And make sure to have Thaddeus also bring back a copyright infringement lawyer and/or Fez. James West is gonna be pissed about this character.

What would you entitle that? 'cause that's f'ing GOLD! :worthy:

Anti-Nocturnal Emission Bridle (Patent number 397,106)

You won't dare have a wet dream while wearing this device. As noted in the patent application, many devices of this type, meant to prevent "involuntary spermatic discharges," were patented in the late 1800s. The bridle, similar to that used on a horse, is fitted on to the head of the wearer's penis and secured to the wearer's body by metal clasps attached to their pubic hair. If the penis becomes erect, the pubic hair gets pulled and the wearer will be awakened.

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: