Free Movies for Amazon Prime Members!

ajzepp

A couple years ago, Fez told me about how awesome an Amazon Prime membership was. Since that time, I've done most of my shopping in this manner and I have been in love with this service. Today, they notified us that those with Prime memberships will now have access to over 5000 movies and tv shows for free, to stream either on your PC or through a tv/bd player/etc that has this capability.

If you don't currently have a Prime membership, you may want to get one! :thumbsup:

A couple years ago, Fez told me about how awesome an Amazon Prime membership was. Since that time, I've done most of my shopping in this manner and I have been in love with this service. Today, they notified us that those with Prime memberships will now have access to over 5000 movies and tv shows for free, to stream either on your PC or through a tv/bd player/etc that has this capability.

If you don't currently have a Prime membership, you may want to get one! :thumbsup:

This is only for those who pay the $79/year subscription to Amazon Prime. It doesn't include those of us who get a free version of Amazon Prime: Link

How's their movie library compared to netflix?

From what I can tell it doesn't work with PS3 or Xbox. Amazon's going to have to get more device support if they want a bigger piece of the market. I have Amazon Prime, but probably won't bother if I can't stream to my TV, and I wouldn't buy a new player just for that service.

Maybe they'll catch up soon...

How's their movie library compared to netflix?

I haven't checked out the titles yet, but 5k is only a fraction of what Netflix has. I definitely wouldn't give up my Netflix for it, but it's nice to have more free stuff lol

linky

Boasting titles including, "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo," "March of the Penguins,"

You had DC Tom at Hello. You had him at Hello :D

That "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" is part of a series, I think...I have it in my Netflix queue for a while...supposed to be excellent

If you have an Xbox or PS3 (and probably more...haven't looked up other option) and want more streaming, check out Playon. With what the program offers and the plugins that are available, it's more than worth it. They have deals on price plans all the time, I got in on a $20 a year plan. Even lets you stream ESPN3 and NFL Rewind to your TV.

From what I can tell it doesn't work with PS3 or Xbox. Amazon's going to have to get more device support if they want a bigger piece of the market. I have Amazon Prime, but probably won't bother if I can't stream to my TV, and I wouldn't buy a new player just for that service.

Maybe they'll catch up soon...

I am able to watch their videos on my Bluray player.

That "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" is part of a series, I think...I have it in my Netflix queue for a while...supposed to be excellent

Yep, a 3 part series. I haven't seen the movies but the books are EXCELLENT! (Well, the first one anyway. Just starting the 2nd one.) :thumbsup:

funny that you mention this.

i had/have ntentions of watching this movie tonight.

No kidding? Well I definitely trust your judgement, so please let us know what you think. I've been on a foreign film kick the last week or two, so this one really appeals to me. If you like poorly-acted but fun foreign "guy" films, check out "Vengeance". It was some of the worst acting I've ever seen but I loved every minute.

Lana seems to give the books a thumbs up, so I'm excited to watch this film :thumbsup:

No kidding? Well I definitely trust your judgement, so please let us know what you think. I've been on a foreign film kick the last week or two, so this one really appeals to me. If you like poorly-acted but fun foreign "guy" films, check out "Vengeance". It was some of the worst acting I've ever seen but I loved every minute.

Lana seems to give the books a thumbs up, so I'm excited to watch this film :thumbsup:

Not sure if you know the story behind this series. It is written by this Swedish guy who died right before the books were set to be released. Here's a little more Info

all right i'll let yall know.

ps. as far as my judgement goes, please watch: "the secret in their eyes". i saw it last night. its recommended by netflix critics. i give it a 9.5. didnt give it a full 10 because it had a few minutes that were not needed. made it feel a little slow. but only for a few minutes. i was like t.o. had the popcorn. good actiing all across the board and ..... nah i wont do it. i cant spoil it.

perfect. the secret in their eyes is spanish. subtitled of course.

all right i'll let yall know.

ps. as far as my judgement goes, please watch: "the secret in their eyes". i saw it last night. its recommended by netflix critics. i give it a 9.5. didnt give it a full 10 because it had a few minutes that were not needed. made it feel a little slow. but only for a few minutes. i was like t.o. had the popcorn. good actiing all across the board and ..... nah i wont do it. i cant spoil it.

LOL, dude, wtf...I literally just started watching "Secret" the other day, but I got too tired to continue. I only got to the part where the retired cop guy was interviewing the husband of the woman who was killed. It seems this movie has some SICK reviews, so can't wait to watch the rest of it.

You and I are like brothers from another mother or something...we have very similar taste in entertainment lol

I am able to watch their videos on my Bluray player.

I know some can, just noted the Xbox and PS3 can't. IMO, that's a pretty big deal business wise. I know a lot of people that stream that way.

Also, I can watch movies that are rented or bought on my PS3, just not the streaming. You have to be able to add them to your library before you can get to them.

LOL, dude, wtf...I literally just started watching "Secret" the other day, but I got too tired to continue. I only got to the part where the retired cop guy was interviewing the husband of the woman who was killed. It seems this movie has some SICK reviews, so can't wait to watch the rest of it.

You and I are like brothers from another mother or something...we have very similar taste in entertainment lol

i agree. plus you like idol. nice.

cant wait till tonights show.

i agree. plus you like idol. nice.

cant wait till tonights show.

Me too man...I'm just getting home from a long day's work...looking forward to chilling with a BK tendercrisp, a nice cold cherry coke, and some Advil lol

Me too man...I'm just getting home from a long day's work...looking forward to chilling with a BK tendercrisp, a nice cold cherry coke, and some Advil lol

nice food taste too. like randy jackson says, "what is this?"

i'd do a whopper with cheese combo, nice cold coke.

for headache, im a tylenol guy.

ps. what's the advil for?

nice food taste too. like randy jackson says, "what is this?"

i'd do a whopper with cheese combo, nice cold coke.

for headache, im a tylenol guy.

ps. what's the advil for?

Even though I have chick-fil-A all over down here, I love those BK chicken sandwiches. I can always go for a whopper too...

I usually go for the Advil because my headaches are typically sinus-related. I took a discus to the head back in the 8th grade and it disrupted my right frontal sinus, so I'm a bit more prone to sinus pressure. The Advil seems to lessen the pressure a bit better than Tylenol for me. Tylenol is safer for when you take something relatively frequently. Advil can really mess up your stomach and kidneys...people need to take that seriously. I've treated several patients with acute renal failure secondary to Advil use over the ten years I've been an RN.