Free Center ice

dib

So, there's this satellite company that promised free center ice feb 14-20. I sit down to watch the Sabres. Odd, there arent ANY games on. I Figure it's a simple gaff so I call this company. "There arent any games on today." "But I'm looking at your scoreboard that indicates at least three games are being played" "We arent showing any games today" "What? BOHICA" Thanks for helping me to make up my mind about this package.

So, there's this satellite company that promised free center ice feb 14-20. I sit down to watch the Sabres. Odd, there arent ANY games on. I Figure it's a simple gaff so I call this company. "There arent any games on today." "But I'm looking at your scoreboard that indicates at least three games are being played" "We arent showing any games today" "What? BOHICA" Thanks for helping me to make up my mind about this package.

Huh, I watched them last week. What night were they blacked out?

Sunday. Looked forward to seeing the Sabres and all I got was a load of bull

Thank NBC. They owned all 3 games on Sunday. They were not permitted to show them on Center Ice.

Thank NBC. They owned all 3 games on Sunday. They were not permitted to show them on Center Ice.

I understand that, but there weren't any games on C.I. Were there only 3 being played Sunday?

Over on SabreSpace someone said that NBC had 'exclusive rights' to their 'Hockey Day in America' telecasts. If that was the case, then CI couldn't show any of those games.

The Sabres - Ducks game earlier this year fell on a Vs 'exclusive rights' day. I don't remember which game Vs was showing, but it wasn't that game and even in the Sabres or Ducks markets that game wasn't shown.

Kind of sucks that they've set up some of the broadcasts that way. I'd have to believe that it ticks off more hockey fans than the ratings bump for hard core fans forced to be watching the 'national' game is worth. But somebody in the league office or their broadcast partners doesn't see it that way.

Same problem here in NW Florida. We had the free center ice trial last week, was supposed to get the sunday sabres, but i got fed flyers-rangers on NBC instead, meaning there was no way to watch the sabers game. My buddy who has the center ice package was in the same boat and was pissed.

Same problem here in NW Florida. We had the free center ice trial last week, was supposed to get the sunday sabres, but i got fed flyers-rangers on NBC instead, meaning there was no way to watch the sabers game. My buddy who has the center ice package was in the same boat and was pissed.

I figured a lot of people were p-o'ed the second time I called I was put on hold, I hung up after 15 minutes. Guess being a subscriber for 11 years means nothing.