Dareus interview with KFFL

Beerball

3) Tell me about your decision to enter the draft as a junior: Was it an easy decision, and have you had any doubts that you made the right choice?

It was, but it wasn't. I kinda felt like I was ready to, uhm, go ... uhm, got coached by coach (Nick) Saban, so he got me real prepared to go. I was thinking about the pros and cons of it, and I thought it would be a good idea to go. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't hard.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/article.php/127200/192#ixzz1EeMjAYmR

:unsure:

I like to watch cartoons ... just watch cartoons and movies all day. I don't play the games no more, just watch cartoons.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/article.php/127200/192#ixzz1EeN0iinA

3) Tell me about your decision to enter the draft as a junior: Was it an easy decision, and have you had any doubts that you made the right choice?

It was, but it wasn't. I kinda felt like I was ready to, uhm, go ... uhm, got coached by coach (Nick) Saban, so he got me real prepared to go. I was thinking about the pros and cons of it, and I thought it would be a good idea to go. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't hard.

I like to watch cartoons ... just watch cartoons and movies all day. I don't play the games no more, just watch cartoons.

I'd rather have a beast that tears it up on the field , who watches cartoons on his couch all day , than some punk kid who takes his signing bonus and blows it all @ the club and is outta the league in a few years

LOL...the first quote re: his decision to enter the draft early made me scratch my head as well.

Edited by bobobonators

I am a dareus supporter.... But wow. Just wow. Hopefully for his own sake he preps for the interviews and wonderlic at the combine. I don't think he gave a good answer to any of those. That's the best he has for the wholly expected suspension question? He's going to say he sees himself as better suited for the 43 DT? Even if he believes that and qualifies it like he did - I think that's a bigger red flag than fairleys joke about cold weather. I get that he might be close to andre smith but of all the people to portray as where you go to for advice? All that said it's obviously not the end all but still disappointing.

Edited by NoSaint

I am a dareus supporter.... But wow. Just wow. Hopefully for his own sake he preps for the interviews and wonderlic at the combine. I don't think he gave a good answer to any of those. That's the best he has for the wholly expected suspension question? He's going to say he sees himself as better suited for the 43 DT? Even if he believes that and qualifies it like he did - I think that's a bigger red flag than fairleys joke about cold weather. I get that he might be close to andre smith but of all the people to portray as where you go to for advice? All that said it's obviously not the end all but still disappointing.

+1

On top of that, his father, step-father, and mother all passed, what a shame.

Seems pretty clear then the motivation for entering the draft.

This interview is worrisome, although I think the "uhms" are unfair, when a sports journalist writes an article they generally leave all of that out.

This interview is worrisome, although I think the "uhms" are unfair, when a sports journalist writes an article they generally leave all of that out.

Very true, why they decided to leave them in I can't answer.

Draft D-linemen for their playing ability, not oration.

Glad to see the Bills are in position to pass on top interior DL talent because a couple of people don't like the way he talked during an interview.

Considering we have a board full of perfect orators, i'm surprised we have all of the mistakes we do in posts.

Glad to see the Bills are in position to pass on top interior DL talent because a couple of people don't like the way he talked during an interview.

Considering we have a board full of perfect orators, i'm surprised we have all of the mistakes we do in posts.

Sorry? All things equal, I'll take the smarter guy. Just like speed, agility, and strength all help, intelligence can too. I'm not saying that it should be #1 on the board but I seem to remember teams like... Say the patriots.... Not just drafting on 40 time. Having a smart and athletic team don't have to be mutually exclusive.

I'm on the dareus bandwagon still but that was a depressing read. He flubbed near every question, and showed little common sense or high level thought. He might've been nervous, perhaps he's not a good speaker and the writer didnt help him but charisma isn't a terrible quality for your top 5 pick to have. Also, it can be hard to be a leader when you just don't get what's expected and it didn't seem he got it. Referencing a scheme or preferred position, citing a relationship with Andre smith and how he handled the suspension question should atleast make you curious to dig deeper. Not our job, we aren't scouts and gms but to totally dismiss it is as short sighted as to pull him off the board for one interview. All said, I'm curious to see how the next few weeks go for him.

Edited by NoSaint

Sorry? All things equal, I'll take the smarter guy. Just like speed, agility, and strength all help, intelligence can too. I'm not saying that it should be #1 on the board but I seem to remember teams like... Say the patriots.... Not just drafting on 40 time. Having a smart and athletic team don't have to be mutually exclusive.

I'm on the dareus bandwagon still but that was a depressing read. He flubbed near every question, and showed little common sense or high level thought. He might've been nervous, perhaps he's not a good speaker and the writer didnt help him but charisma isn't a terrible quality for your top 5 pick to have. Also, it can be hard to be a leader when you just don't get what's expected and it didn't seem he got it. Referencing a scheme or preferred position, citing a relationship with Andre smith and how he handled the suspension question should atleast make you curious to dig deeper. Not our job, we aren't scouts and gms but to totally dismiss it is as short sighted as to pull him off the board for one interview. All said, I'm curious to see how the next few weeks go for him.

There was nothing in that interview that sent up any red flags about him. His speaking is no better or worse than your average person you run into on a daily basis.

The guy can play football at a high level, that's what matters.

There was nothing in that interview that sent up any red flags about him. His speaking is no better or worse than your average person you run into on a daily basis.

The guy can play football at a high level, that's what matters.

He certainly didn't shine.

Would you say that even a casual fan would know to distance yourself from one of the worst pre draft performers in the history of the league? One that hasn't shown anything in the NFL? You keep your name away from guys like that.

If dropping 2-3 spots could cost you millions would you even begin to reference a preference for scheme?

If you knew you were going to be asked 100 times in the next month about something you did - would you plan an answer of some variety?

I'm not saying shun the guy but to totally ignore intelligence, charisma etc... when giving a guy a top 5 contract I'd like to see him do more. Maybe just an off day, but in general I'd like a leader and field general. Maybe he's totally different in his domain, on the field but come on, you didn't even for a second say "huh?" while reading that?

Well at least he is qualified to be a member and post on this board!

Well at least he is qualified to be a member and post on this board!

:lol:

I'm still all for drafting the guy, I just will now be more prepared to hear stories about him running through the locker room in a cape while he sings the theme song from spider man.

How much you guys want to bet his favorite drink is chocolate milk?