Another former Bill getting cut.

Thoner7

I heard that on Sirius earlier. A lot of thought went through my head. Mostly, Seattle. I do not think they'd have been that bad off waiting to get McGahee. It was obvious he would be getting cut.

Also, I think he could end up in a Jets uniform, or worse, a Patriots. Both teams need a RB, and could easily take whatshisname Alabama RB and be just fine. To have a power runner for Ryan, that could pick up where Sanchez leaves off and where LT is too soft would be crucial. I do not expect his tag to be much. I see a lot of teams interested in him, mostly his figure won't be that high.

Say what you want to about Marv's tenure as GM, but the Willis trade was a good one. A dime a dozen running back.

We don't have anything left from the trade. We got Trent Edwards & CJ Ay You (cut as a rookie) in the draft & then packaged the 2008 3rd round pick along with the Bears 2008 #5 for Marcus Stroud.

Say what you want to about Marv's tenure as GM, but the Willis trade was a good one. A dime a dozen running back.

Didn't Marv draft Lynch to replace the traded McGahee? Marv is a class act and a good person. As a GM he was a disaster.

We don't have anything left from the trade. We got Trent Edwards & CJ Ay You (cut as a rookie) in the draft & then packaged the 2008 3rd round pick along with the Bears 2008 #5 for Marcus Stroud.

If Edwards turned into the guy a lot of people thought he could be, it would have been a great trade. The Bears made a great trade with the Broncos for Cutler but they screwed up the picks. Still doesn't change the fact that the original trade was a good one.

No, actually the trade facilitated the use of a first round pick on Marshawn Lynch, which turned out to be another disaster.

And the Bills have nothing to show for those picks. McGahee actually outlasted those picks. Sad.

The prudent thing would have been to hold onto McGahee in his walk year. He was exactly the type of guy who would play his asss off for a pay day.

Then just find another back......like, I don't know a Fred Jackson or any number of dime a dozen backs.

If Edwards turned into the guy a lot of people thought he could be, it would have been a great trade.

Actually, if they had traded McGahee for a sixth round pick and that pick ended up being Tom Brady.......then it would have been a great trade. Who you ACTUALLY get in the trade is the net result of the trade. They got nothing.

Regardless of what happened to our picks received from the Ravens, Mcgahee as a player has been nothing more than a 2nd or 3rd string back, at his best. Just because he celebrates all his touchdowns like he is the 2nd coming of Jesus doesn't make him a great player. We received plenty for garbage, and when you judge the trade on that, it was a great move for Marv. You really can't judge the trade on what we did with the picks, those are post fact, and separate GM moves. This was a great move for the franchise based on what was exchanged.

I heard that on Sirius earlier. A lot of thought went through my head. Mostly, Seattle. I do not think they'd have been that bad off waiting to get McGahee. It was obvious he would be getting cut.

Also, I think he could end up in a Jets uniform, or worse, a Patriots. Both teams need a RB, and could easily take whatshisname Alabama RB and be just fine. To have a power runner for Ryan, that could pick up where Sanchez leaves off and where LT is too soft would be crucial. I do not expect his tag to be much. I see a lot of teams interested in him, mostly his figure won't be that high.

Can't see him going to the Jets.... Shonn Green is their battering ram behind LT.

No, actually the trade facilitated the use of a first round pick on Marshawn Lynch, which turned out to be another disaster.

And the Bills have nothing to show for those picks. McGahee actually outlasted those picks. Sad.

The prudent thing would have been to hold onto McGahee in his walk year. He was exactly the type of guy who would play his asss off for a pay day.

Then just find another back......like, I don't know a Fred Jackson or any number of dime a dozen backs.

Actually, if they had traded McGahee for a sixth round pick and that pick ended up being Tom Brady.......then it would have been a great trade. Who you ACTUALLY get in the trade is the net result of the trade. They got nothing.

Exactly. I think the moral of the story is ... never draft a RB in the first round. Ever.

In a decade long run of terrible drafting the Bills it is sad to note that three first round draft choices - two of them very premium picks have been spent on RB's. While it remains to be seen seen what the Bills have in Spiller signs are that all three picks are of average production at best. None are elite talents - even if Spiller turns out to be so you have to question the opportunity cost when so many other glaring needs existed on the team.

I'm not one to simply start hating a player the moment they leave the team, but McGahee was the exception to the rule. Not sure how many times I saw him screw up a play simply because he felt like he didn't need to study and learn. By the time he started whipping out his "Buffalo ain't Miami" Hurricane attitude, I couldn't wait for him to leave.

He was the Billy Joe Hobert of running backs.

The Willis trade was great. The problem was paying for yet another dime a dozen running back. Especially when he had Fred Jackson on board for a dime!