Amazing Race is back!

Just Jack

I missed about the first 20 minutes, doing laundry/folding. Didn't see what happened to the cowboys. After two weeks, it's a little hard to remember where everybody was and I got to the teevee a little before they were making sh-- bricks. I don't know why anyone would have done that challenge over moving a bale a hay --- you always avoid challenges that involve feces. Gary was using his bare hands!

Kent was reaching new levels of douchbaggery last night. He told Gary they would work together on the 'holy man' challenge and then bailed on him when he was finished with some kind of 'I considered our arrangement over.' And then when trying to take the river, Vixen jumped into the friggin' Ganges --- where they bathe, urinate and **** in the water, and also bathe their dead and cremate them at the waterline. The news out of India is that it is the origin of a so-called superbug that's resistant to all but a couple of antibiotics. Nevermind that Vixen can't swim / has trouble in water. Kent was annoying there, but he was right. As the redheads and this show, you don't get into a form of transport until you know it's ready to go and can take you the whole way.

It's been written before, and last night was just more confirmation that Christina's father is a !@#$ing buffoon. Just kept walking in the wrong direction. It really sucks that she was stuck with him. I can see it now: he's 30 minutes late walking her down the aisle because he's arguing with the florist about the hue of the stamens in the lilies. Christina must have the patience of a saint; I don't get impatient easily, but I would just be screaming at him.

Re: Gary and Mallory... Really? What did they do? They really seem to be going at it in good humor. I was :lol: when Mallory was talking about their multiple fecal-themed challenges last night. I think they're my favorite team. As much as one might pull for the cowboys because they work so efficiently once they're on track, they sometimes have problems getting on that right track for some reason that is readily apparent to most anyone else. After a couple of <_< moments, especially the bag incident that they mishandled badly, the Globetrotters have been playing a good game.

Unless you're Mallory. :lol: I knew damn well as soon as I saw the 2 tasks which one she'd be doing. :D

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a chickensh!t move by Kent. "Thanks for your help, you're on your own now."

Vyxsin shocked the hell out of me when she jumped in the water like that. I swear her skin went from white to yellow after that. I admire her gumption. The water taxi guys were arguing and would'nt listen to K&V, so she basically said, "Screw you guys, I'll do it myself!" You have to respect her for taking charge of the situation like that.

vysxin is so much better than him. next weeks meltdown looks crazy. cant wait. i love amazing race.

glad angry dad is out.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

Man,that leg of the race would have been awesome. That part of the world is where my ancestors are from, and I spent several years studying psychology. To get to see the offices/museum of the father of psych would have been killer!

Did they ever say what it was they were having to eat?? Usually they describe it, but either they forgot or I missed it this time.

I'm so sick and tired of Kent and Vyxsin whining and bitching every frickin leg of this race. It's time for those tards to finish in last and hit the road.

I was glad this was non-elimination. That was the first time Mallory and her dad seemed to get a bit flustered, but I always enjoy her big smile and positive attitude. I hope they stick around a little longer.

The cowboys...geesh, they just do stupid things sometimes. Even if there is a chance to gain time on a different flight, you don't EVER isolate yourselves from the other teams. You have got to always make sure there is at least one other team with you at all times or you run the risk of really screwing yourselves. They were okay this time, but they've got to stop making poor decisions and pay attention. They should be able to win this thing.

Man,that leg of the race would have been awesome. That part of the world is where my ancestors are from, and I spent several years studying psychology. To get to see the offices/museum of the father of psych would have been killer!

Did they ever say what it was they were having to eat?? Usually they describe it, but either they forgot or I missed it this time.

I'm so sick and tired of Kent and Vyxsin whining and bitching every frickin leg of this race. It's time for those tards to finish in last and hit the road.

I was glad this was non-elimination. That was the first time Mallory and her dad seemed to get a bit flustered, but I always enjoy her big smile and positive attitude. I hope they stick around a little longer.

The cowboys...geesh, they just do stupid things sometimes. Even if there is a chance to gain time on a different flight, you don't EVER isolate yourselves from the other teams. You have got to always make sure there is at least one other team with you at all times or you run the risk of really screwing yourselves. They were okay this time, but they've got to stop making poor decisions and pay attention. They should be able to win this thing.

I loved one of the Globe Trotters describing who Freud was. Don't remember the quote verbatim but it was something like he dreamed about sleeping with his mother or something like that. lol

In the Cowboys defense. We all while watching were thinking we might have done the same thing. Two connections is scary. They even said every connector they have had has been delayed. The took a calculated risk I suppose. Maybe they knew in the back of their mind they could make up the 1/2 hour if they had to?

Edited by Dante

I loved one of the Globe Trotters describing who Freud was. Don't remember the quote verbatim but it was something like he dreamed about sleeping with his mother or something like that. lol

In the Cowboys defense. We all while watching were thinking we might have done the same thing. Two connections is scary. They even said every connector they have had has been delayed. The took a calculated risk I suppose. Maybe they knew in the back of their mind they could make up the 1/2 hour if they had to?

Yeah, the reasoning behind what they did was sound, but what they should have done was tell another team about it. They should be able to beat any other team in a head's up race, so having one additional team along for the ride just makes sure they have at least one team behind them. It's sort of like that whole idea about being able to out-run a bear...you don't actually have to be faster than the bear, you just need to be faster than the other person youre with lol.

They never said what it was, but it looked like it was wiener schnitzel

http://germanfood.about.com/od/meatbasedrecipesandmenu/r/wienerschnitzel.htm

The stuff is VERY tasty! :)

Ah okay, that makes sense...I think I heard one of them say that while they were eating it.

They never said what it was, but it looked like it was wiener schnitzel

http://germanfood.about.com/od/meatbasedrecipesandmenu/r/wienerschnitzel.htm

The stuff is VERY tasty! :)

Yeah, that's it. Don't expect AR to get too far off cultural stereotypes. I could've done that, in a pinch. The eating challenges in the few seasons I've seen aren't to be taken lightly.

Favorite part (and by favorite, I mean <_< ) was when one of the Globetrotters (Flight Time? It was the smaller one) says he has to pee. And in the next scene, we see him standing next to the marble building as Kent and Vixen are running past.

Seriously, dude couldn't think to ask where the toilet was when they were done with the couch? Just pisses against the side of the building in broad daylight? You stay classy, Globetrotters!!

Edited by UConn James

Yeah, that's it. Don't expect AR to get too far off cultural stereotypes. I could've done that, in a pinch. The eating challenges in the few seasons I've seen aren't to be taken lightly.

Favorite part (and by favorite, I mean <_< ) was when one of the Globetrotters (Flight Time? It was the smaller one) says he has to pee. And in the next scene, we see him standing next to the marble building as Kent and Vixen are running past.

Seriously, dude couldn't think to ask where the toilet was when they were done with the couch? Just pisses against the side of the building in broad daylight? You stay classy, Globetrotters!!

To be fair, we don't KNOW that's what he was doing. it could've been creative editing. Regardless, it was amusing - especially since the one team got kicked off previously because she had to go to the bathroom. ;)

I saw this happen a few times when I was in Shanghai. Once, a taxi driver parked the cab, got out and took a whiz in broad daylight up against a restaurant's outside wall. No back alley or anything, right up front. I was both appalled and impressed, he still got a tip.:D

I saw this happen a few times when I was in Shanghai. Once, a taxi driver parked the cab, got out and took a whiz in broad daylight up against a restaurant's outside wall. No back alley or anything, right up front. I was both appalled and impressed, he still got a tip.:D

They do that in India all the time from what I hear from coworkers who travel there.

To be fair, we don't KNOW that's what he was doing. it could've been creative editing. Regardless, it was amusing - especially since the one team got kicked off previously because she had to go to the bathroom. ;)

i have seen guys pee on the streets before. he sure looked like he was.

what else could he have been doing?

getting his wiener close to a wall....

They do that in India all the time from what I hear from coworkers who travel there.

if they allow about 100,000 animals crap/pee on the streets....

why not me?

There's a time and place.

On the marble of the National Library of Switzerland in the middle of the day isn't either. <_<

My uncle always used to call out "Hey! Let go of that snake!!!" in situations of the like when we visited in Maine and after piling out of the car, found a tree that looked ammonia-deficient.

There's a time and place.

On the marble of the National Library of Switzerland in the middle of the day isn't either. <_<

My uncle always used to call out "Hey! Let go of that snake!!!" in situations of the like when we visited in Maine and after piling out of the car, found a tree that looked ammonia-deficient.

everyone can understand a little kid. but a grown ass man?

If everyone but the Cowboys hadn't been in kahoots on the motorbike challenge, it probably would've been a lot different. I also wonder what would've happened if Jet had stayed with Greg rather than taking off. That right there screwed them, but to their credit, they kept at it and almost caught the Globetrotters. As much as Zev and Justin labored over the fondue, Jet and Cord walked out of there with smiles. They knew they were done, and likely took that last challenge in, and took their sweet time.

I really enjoyed their game. No surprise that they were a lot of peoples' favorites. Jet took the blame for having done badly on the bike thing, and Cord refused to let him accept it --- they entered as a team, they lost as a team. A man could do a lot worse than have people around him with that attitude.

A lot worse, in this case, is Kent --- a whiny little B word of the first order. I don't harbor nearly as much resentment toward Vixen; she's been a tough cookie from the start. But a lot of the interest in watching this show now is going to be rooting for them to lose. I don't understand how anyone could be around him without punching him in the face every 20 minutes.

If everyone but the Cowboys hadn't been in kahoots on the motorbike challenge, it probably would've been a lot different. I also wonder what would've happened if Jet had stayed with Greg rather than taking off. That right there screwed them, but to their credit, they kept at it and almost caught the Globetrotters. As much as Zev and Justin labored over the fondue, Jet and Cord walked out of there with smiles. They knew they were done, and likely took that last challenge in, and took their sweet time.

I really enjoyed their game. No surprise that they were a lot of peoples' favorites. Jet took the blame for having done badly on the bike thing, and Cord refused to let him accept it --- they entered as a team, they lost as a team. A man could do a lot worse than have people around him with that attitude.

A lot worse, in this case, is Kent --- a whiny little B word of the first order. I don't harbor nearly as much resentment toward Vixen; she's been a tough cookie from the start. But a lot of the interest in watching this show now is going to be rooting for them to lose. I don't understand how anyone could be around him without punching him in the face every 20 minutes.

He really needs to go next. Vixen is pretty nasty-looking, but I have to respect her rack. :thumbsup:

I guess I'm cheering for Mallory & Dad now, can't stand any of the other teams.

That is totally bogus, man. They need to have a rule on this show where you can't give away the answers. As you pointed out, if the Cowboys had been in on it like everyone else, they would have easily won this leg. That's crap that you can just cheat legally and get the answer without having to do the work yourself :thumbdown:

And I agree about Kent...holy CRAP this "guy" turns into a bigger B word each week.

Good race, Cowboys....