Amazing Race is back!

Just Jack

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes. i googled them. season 7... it feels like longer than that.

Ah okay, yeah, I would have much rather had them on the show. I don't have much of a time frame in terms of seasons, cause the first season I ever watched was only a few years ago...then I got hooked and went back to watch past seasons. Same with Survivor.

Lot of stuff went down in this ep --- too much for me to even want to try recapping. It's hard to even keep track of who was in what place last time and where they are now. Not a fan of the "you're still racing!" concept.

So in the aftermath of the continuation, all hell breaks loose. Kent and Vixen went from almost hopelessly last to contending. That really sucked that they used the U-turn... but I understand it strategically. Such bad luck for Jamie and Cara to have their driver stop for gas to really screw them over for the second time to end a race. If they aren't delayed there, they don't get U'd. But it may not have made a difference given the last task. But I can understand what aj (I think it was aj) wrote at the start that Jamie loses some of her allure when you see her personality. I realize that travel and a race like this can bring out a lot of stress, but there's just the little brusk / offhand comments from her. Also come to realize just how much of her from, say, that recent NFL photo set, is artifice.

That dinosaur skeleton challenge was a toughie. Those just seemed too large for one person. Greg and Mallory made exactly the right choice to use the express pass on it.

Oh yeah, I see a lot of you would love to be on this show. My take: it would be fun to travel all over the world, the fun challenges would be great, and I could deal with the meh challenges. But the suck challenges would truly suck... so I'm happy to just watch at home.:D

But I can understand what aj (I think it was aj) wrote at the start that Jamie loses some of her allure when you see her personality. I realize that travel and a race like this can bring out a lot of stress, but there's just the little brusk / offhand comments from her.

Yep,that was definitely me, and I was glad to see those ungrateful, disrespectful, stuck-up beyotches get booted from the race. I laughed when Phil said how things just didn't go their way and the one chick said, "things never go our way"....serves ya right! You treat people like crap, karma is a B word. I love how they said, "we're trying to win a race and our cab driver just decides it's time to stop for gas." Really? So it was just the cab driver deciding on a whim to stop and get gas? Had nothing to do with the car actually NEEDING gas? Maybe cars just run on air in their snooty-ass princess world, I dunno...but sooner or later cabbies need to actually put gas in the vehicle for it to move. Although I have to admit, getting out of the car in huff while the guy was pumping the gas and making condescending hand gestures was worth a shot...that may have made the gas flow a little faster in other countries. :rolleyes:

I agree with you and Rico...that challenge at the end was a bear!

So at this point who would you have as final three? Not specifically the finish order, just who makes it. I would have....

Mallory and her Dad

The Cowboys

and my surprise pick, Zev and Justin.

I would normally have picked Ron and Christina, but something makes me think Ron will get delayed at a detour.

So at this point who would you have as final three? Not specifically the finish order, just who makes it. I would have....

Mallory and her Dad

The Cowboys

I would normally have picked Ron and Christina, but something makes me think Ron will get delayed at a detour.

Or, his tantrums and unawareness will cause actual bodily harm. He nearly closed a car door on Christina's legs last night.

I'll agree on your first two, and then go with LaKisha and Jennifer --- they've been quiet so far (not a bad thing) and I don't recall them doing badly on any challenges.

How was that with the Cowboys last night, dead-lifting the solar panel boxes at both ends, one in each hand. Very obviously, none of the other teams was acquainted with manual labor. The Globetrotters strapped 'em on their backs in a way that just invites injury, and the others had absolutely no idea how to move heavy items. Need to squat and lift the weight with your thighs! What'd Jed/Cord say --- 'Control that burn!'?

Edited by UConn James

I'll agree on your first two, and then go with LaKisha and Jennifer --- they've been quiet so far (not a bad thing) and I don't recall them doing badly on any challenges.

If they are the team I remember from their previous season, one of them is deathly afraid of swimming. I've noticed through the years the producers always seem to include challenges where someone has to face their fear. Remember the family season where they were at the racetrack, and the one families father/husband was killed on a racetrack?

If they are the team I remember from their previous season, one of them is deathly afraid of swimming. I've noticed through the years the producers always seem to include challenges where someone has to face their fear. Remember the family season where they were at the racetrack, and the one families father/husband was killed on a racetrack?

I've only caught the odd episode and the finale in the past couple of seasons....

Speaking of facing their fears, it's about time for them to have to eat some nasty animal parts...fear factor style!

Speaking of facing their fears, it's about time for them to have to eat some nasty animal parts...fear factor style!

The preview for next week showed them drinking tea. Might fall into that category.

The preview for next week showed them drinking tea. Might fall into that category.

I hope so...not only because it's fun to watch them squirm, but also because it's sort of a mental test for myself, because I know that would absolutely be the hardest challenge for me to get through. I'm not really much for the world's delicacies lol

I hope so...not only because it's fun to watch them squirm, but also because it's sort of a mental test for myself, because I know that would absolutely be the hardest challenge for me to get through. I'm not really much for the world's delicacies lol

Wimp! :P If you and I were a team on this show, you'd make me do all of the challenges that involve food. :lol:

Mallory and her Dad

The Cowboys

Cowboys

have no idea who the other two might be.

If the cowboys don't win this time, I will be none-too-pleased..... again.:angry:

Wimp! :P If you and I were a team on this show, you'd make me do all of the challenges that involve food. :lol:

Damn right! :lol:

BTW, just as a side note...the movie Unstoppable was awesome. That is all.

And it's Indian tea at that!

Yep,that was definitely me, and I was glad to see those ungrateful, disrespectful, stuck-up beyotches get booted from the race. I laughed when Phil said how things just didn't go their way and the one chick said, "things never go our way"....serves ya right! You treat people like crap, karma is a B word. I love how they said, "we're trying to win a race and our cab driver just decides it's time to stop for gas." Really? So it was just the cab driver deciding on a whim to stop and get gas? Had nothing to do with the car actually NEEDING gas? Maybe cars just run on air in their snooty-ass princess world, I dunno...but sooner or later cabbies need to actually put gas in the vehicle for it to move. Although I have to admit, getting out of the car in huff while the guy was pumping the gas and making condescending hand gestures was worth a shot...that may have made the gas flow a little faster in other countries. :rolleyes:

I agree with you and Rico...that challenge at the end was a bear!

So you did'nt like Jamie & Cara?

This was a very good and tense episode. The road block with the dinosaur skeleton was one of the best challenges I've seen in awhile.

It was great seeing the teams having some fun by playing basketball.

Still cheering for the Cowboys. Loved how they passed Gary & Mallory after they used the express pass.

This was a very good and tense episode. The road block with the dinosaur skeleton was one of the best challenges I've seen in awhile.

Still cheering for the Cowboys. Loved how they passed Gary & Mallory after they used the express pass.

Cara was a tough read. I wouldn't say that I didn't like her. Her personality was pretty much subsumed by Jamie's.

that was really cool. you are right.

i like gary and mallory a lot.

i dont mind globetrottes either.

i can understand why everyone likes the dallas cowboy cowboys. they are very likeable. sometimes kind of dumb though. they better watch it.

Cara was a tough read. I wouldn't say that I didn't like her. Her personality was pretty much subsumed by Jamie's.

i thought jamie was way way better than cara at one time. but seing cara in her non-racing setup, she was actually very bomb! her hair loose, much volume, long, and wavy, she looked prettier than jamie to me. oh well.

go gary and mal!