Amazing Race is back!

Just Jack

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the food is bad? i guess i forgot to set the "taste" button on my TV. and my smell-o-meter is broken.

"nothing good." that's a broad generalization, i think. nothing good? really?

wonder if the same would be said about "Amazing Race" India if their competitors ventured into some North American slums.

in my travels, i'll tell you where i had the worst food. England, of all places. bland, over-priced dinners. (lunches were good, though).

jw

Can't stand Indian food. Can imagine Africa being much better to be honest. Think about it, how many African restaurants do you see around? Maybe the odd north African joint around but most of that stuff is awful as well.

And the contestants don't "venture" by chance. I'm sure we are probably seeing upside of these places. CBS isn't going to put them in bad areas. Anyway, I hope your not trying to draw a parallel between the US and those two crap holes of the world. Obviously we have our bad spots but isn't pervasive.

I really think it all has to do with your outlook and what you focus on. I have seen plenty of things on Amazing Race that really affected me and looked like awful living conditions. But I have also yet to see a single episode where there weren't many things about a particular locale that I thought were interesting. I just know myself, and I know that if I were there, no matter how bad a situation was, I'd still be focused on what I could learn and experience from my time there. India may have a lot of poverty and unsanitary conditions, but one look at the Taj Mahal can make you forget about all that in a heartbeat. I'm a big believer in the old addage, "When in Rome..."

I really think it all has to do with your outlook and what you focus on. I have seen plenty of things on Amazing Race that really affected me and looked like awful living conditions. But I have also yet to see a single episode where there weren't many things about a particular locale that I thought were interesting. I just know myself, and I know that if I were there, no matter how bad a situation was, I'd still be focused on what I could learn and experience from my time there. India may have a lot of poverty and unsanitary conditions, but one look at the Taj Mahal can make you forget about all that in a heartbeat. I'm a big believer in the old addage, "When in Rome..."

The Swamis cheering for the tard were pretty cool too.:thumbsup:

The Swamis cheering for the tard were pretty cool too.:thumbsup:

:doh:

I feel guilty about it, but when I read that I spit my orange all over my laptop lol

And yes...Luke is not retarded...just deaf lol

Can't stand Indian food. Can imagine Africa being much better to be honest. Think about it, how many African restaurants do you see around? Maybe the odd north African joint around but most of that stuff is awful as well.

And the contestants don't "venture" by chance. I'm sure we are probably seeing upside of these places. CBS isn't going to put them in bad areas. Anyway, I hope your not trying to draw a parallel between the US and those two crap holes of the world. Obviously we have our bad spots but isn't pervasive.

i've had ethiopian food, which is out of this world. and just because you can't stand Indian food, doesn't make it bad. my wife makes a great tandori chicken, and does a few things with curry that's simply mouth-watering. had dinner at some great indian place in Toronto a few years ago.

and, a little off topic, geographically, but any chance i have to stop at a tried and true Mongolian grill, i make

and you're wrong. in fact, i am trying to draw parallel's between some areas of North America and the places you mention. i shuddered last week when i had to venture out to a suburban bar -- some clean, manufactured joint -- and have to deal with the sloppy yokels. good god, some people are buffoons.

and yet, while holding my nose, i did.

you see, there is good and bad in all cultures, and appreciating the differences -- as the Cowboys did -- is what it's all about.

jw

Uhhh... Luke is deaf, not retarded.

But, yes, that was a very heartwarming moment.

i saw it finally last night. 3 days later.

that was super unexpected. i could understand clapping for the dude,

but when they carried him like a baby. it was good funny. or like you say heartwarming. very nice touch of class from those guys.

actually the globetrotters were kind too in hugging luke and mom before taking off.

very good episode.

i saw it finally last night. 3 days later.

that was super unexpected. i could understand clapping for the dude,

but when they carried him like a baby. it was good funny. or like you say heartwarming. very nice touch of class from those guys.

actually the globetrotters were kind too in hugging luke and mom before taking off.

very good episode.

+1. I forget if I mentioned that.

• 2 weeks later...

Cowboys get screwed in India, but they just kick butt as usual & get right back in it. Easy to see why the other teams fear them.:thumbsup:

Mallory in more cow sh__ again. :lol:

Edited by Rico

Cowboys get screwed in India, but they just kick butt as usual & get right back in it. Easy to see why the other teams fear them.:thumbsup:

I wanted to see the freaks go home tonight...when things don't go their way, they both turn into major douches. :thumbdown:

I feel bad for Christina, cause her father just has no sense of urgency sometimes...he's out there wandering around like Gary Busey lol

If the Cowboys will just PAY ATTENTION better, they will win this race.

I was glad to see that father/daughter team say byebye. The father on that team got on my nerves. With the other father/daughter team Mallory is starting to get on my nerves also. At 1st I really liked them but she's starting to bother me.

I missed about the first 20 minutes, doing laundry/folding. Didn't see what happened to the cowboys. After two weeks, it's a little hard to remember where everybody was and I got to the teevee a little before they were making sh-- bricks. I don't know why anyone would have done that challenge over moving a bale a hay --- you always avoid challenges that involve feces. Gary was using his bare hands!

I wanted to see the freaks go home tonight...when things don't go their way, they both turn into major douches. :thumbdown:

I feel bad for Christina, cause her father just has no sense of urgency sometimes...he's out there wandering around like Gary Busey lol

If the Cowboys will just PAY ATTENTION better, they will win this race.

Kent was reaching new levels of douchbaggery last night. He told Gary they would work together on the 'holy man' challenge and then bailed on him when he was finished with some kind of 'I considered our arrangement over.' And then when trying to take the river, Vixen jumped into the friggin' Ganges --- where they bathe, urinate and **** in the water, and also bathe their dead and cremate them at the waterline. The news out of India is that it is the origin of a so-called superbug that's resistant to all but a couple of antibiotics. Nevermind that Vixen can't swim / has trouble in water. Kent was annoying there, but he was right. As the redheads and this show, you don't get into a form of transport until you know it's ready to go and can take you the whole way.

I was glad to see that father/daughter team say byebye. The father on that team got on my nerves. With the other father/daughter team Mallory is starting to get on my nerves also. At 1st I really liked them but she's starting to bother me.

It's been written before, and last night was just more confirmation that Christina's father is a !@#$ing buffoon. Just kept walking in the wrong direction. It really sucks that she was stuck with him. I can see it now: he's 30 minutes late walking her down the aisle because he's arguing with the florist about the hue of the stamens in the lilies. Christina must have the patience of a saint; I don't get impatient easily, but I would just be screaming at him.

Re: Gary and Mallory... Really? What did they do? They really seem to be going at it in good humor. I was :lol: when Mallory was talking about their multiple fecal-themed challenges last night. I think they're my favorite team. As much as one might pull for the cowboys because they work so efficiently once they're on track, they sometimes have problems getting on that right track for some reason that is readily apparent to most anyone else. After a couple of <_< moments, especially the bag incident that they mishandled badly, the Globetrotters have been playing a good game.

I missed about the first 20 minutes, doing laundry/folding. Didn't see what happened to the cowboys. After two weeks, it's a little hard to remember where everybody was and I got to the teevee a little before they were making sh-- bricks. I don't know why anyone would have done that challenge over moving a bale a hay --- you always avoid challenges that involve feces. Gary was using his bare hands!

Kent was reaching new levels of douchbaggery last night. He told Gary they would work together on the 'holy man' challenge and then bailed on him when he was finished with some kind of 'I considered our arrangement over.' And then when trying to take the river, Vixen jumped into the friggin' Ganges --- where they bathe, urinate and **** in the water, and also bathe their dead and cremate them at the waterline. The news out of India is that it is the origin of a so-called superbug that's resistant to all but a couple of antibiotics. Nevermind that Vixen can't swim / has trouble in water. Kent was annoying there, but he was right. As the redheads and this show, you don't get into a form of transport until you know it's ready to go and can take you the whole way.

It's been written before, and last night was just more confirmation that Christina's father is a !@#$ing buffoon. Just kept walking in the wrong direction. It really sucks that she was stuck with him. I can see it now: he's 30 minutes late walking her down the aisle because he's arguing with the florist about the hue of the stamens in the lilies. Christina must have the patience of a saint; I don't get impatient easily, but I would just be screaming at him.

Re: Gary and Mallory... Really? What did they do? They really seem to be going at it in good humor. I was :lol: when Mallory was talking about their multiple fecal-themed challenges last night. I think they're my favorite team. As much as one might pull for the cowboys because they work so efficiently once they're on track, they sometimes have problems getting on that right track for some reason that is readily apparent to most anyone else. After a couple of <_< moments, especially the bag incident that they mishandled badly, the Globetrotters have been playing a good game.

The cowboys got duped by one of the airline workers who only told them of the later flight. They didn't press the worker in asking for an earlier flight etc. So in reality it was their own self undoing because were too nice. One of them mentioned that they feel if ask someone a question they expect the other person to give them straight in the eye and give them an honest answer.

I agree on Kent, At first I thought karma might have met him with the ending seemingly leading that they were destined to finish last with Christina and Dad getting the fast water taxi. Yet honestly over the years in watching this show it seems like the suspenseful endings never occur as it seems the first team that completes the detour and heads off to the pit stop almost always is the first team to arrive at the pit stop. Vixen, I know I spelled it wrong but, going into the Ganga was definitely ballsy. Yet with way the episode started I thought Mallory was going to take the plunge. I think her and her Dad are my favorite team. As admit like her. In terms of the Globetrotters they race hard yet seem to be too nice by helping out other teams way too much. In the end it could cost them.

Edited by The Jokeman

That was a chickensh!t move by Kent. "Thanks for your help, you're on your own now."

Vyxsin shocked the hell out of me when she jumped in the water like that. I swear her skin went from white to yellow after that. I admire her gumption. The water taxi guys were arguing and would'nt listen to K&V, so she basically said, "Screw you guys, I'll do it myself!" You have to respect her for taking charge of the situation like that.

That was a chickensh!t move by Kent. "Thanks for your help, you're on your own now."

Vyxsin shocked the hell out of me when she jumped in the water like that. I swear her skin went from white to yellow after that. I admire her gumption. The water taxi guys were arguing and would'nt listen to K&V, so she basically said, "Screw you guys, I'll do it myself!" You have to respect her for taking charge of the situation like that.

If they wanted to get the guys' attention, they probably should have stood up, grabbed the oar and rowed, and/or shouted much louder than they did. As it was, they just sat there and snarked until Vixen went in the drink.

I admire the gumption, but shake my head at the sheer stupidity.

They didn't do anything. She was just getting on my nerves last night. But I will say she is adorable.

If they wanted to get the guys' attention, they probably should have stood up, grabbed the oar and rowed, and/or shouted much louder than they did. As it was, they just sat there and snarked until Vixen went in the drink.

I admire the gumption, but shake my head at the sheer stupidity.

I guess that is an example of: "What would you do for a million dollars?"

And then when trying to take the river, Vixen jumped into the friggin' Ganges --- where they bathe, urinate and **** in the water, and also bathe their dead and cremate them at the waterline. The news out of India is that it is the origin of a so-called superbug that's resistant to all but a couple of antibiotics.

:o

When you put it in those terms, that was a fuggin stupid move on her part...holy crap