Is the President now irrelevant?

Nanker

The Left is turning on him left and right.

He's being increasingly perceived as weak and a follower from the Left. The Right has little or no respect for him as a leader.

"One inconvenient stat
: Obama's own debt commission proposed deficit reductions of $4 trillion (get used to that scary word) over the next decade. Obama's budget thinks $1.1 trillion is really good.

Here's the isolated president's perception of how painfully the feds need to address their fiscal canyon: "If you're a family trying to cut back, you might skip going out to dinner, you might put off a vacation."
Delay a vacation? Where, to his planet? When millions of American families
in Obama's unstimulated economy? Or keeping their home while the Democrat lobs $53 billion more taxpayer money winning the future with unions to build high-speed trains for nobody to ride -- but to do so very rapidly?

As Obama did with extending the Bush tax cuts in December, it appears

... the president of the United States is positioning himself as the reluctant follower again: 'Gee, it looks like I'll have to accept those cuts from these GOP hostage-takers, as much as I don't like them.' " Andrew Malcolm, LA Times

"This guy is a clueless putz." Nanker, TBD

Watching the libs have to face the painful and increasingly undeniable truth that their mesiah is an empty suit (or puppet, if you prefer) would be entirely satisfying were it not for the fact that the guy failing miserably is our President, and what he's failing at is managing our country.

It's like watching their realization that they had been duped by a really bad con man in John Edwards. It must be tough seeing a man you've freely given your respect and admiration to exposed as a scumbag and a fraud, and having to face the the fact that you were too big a hack to see what was painfully obvious to anyone with a head residing outside their ass.

I think calling him irrelevant is quite a bit over the top. It's pretty clear to anyone paying attention that, comparatively speaking, he makes Dick Jauron look like a great leader, but he's very relevant. You don't gather than many people union people outside a state capital without having some relevance.

The Left is turning on him left and right.

He's being increasingly perceived as weak and a follower from the Left. The Right has little or no respect for him as a leader.

"One inconvenient stat
: Obama's own debt commission proposed deficit reductions of $4 trillion (get used to that scary word) over the next decade. Obama's budget thinks $1.1 trillion is really good.

Here's the isolated president's perception of how painfully the feds need to address their fiscal canyon: "If you're a family trying to cut back, you might skip going out to dinner, you might put off a vacation."
Delay a vacation? Where, to his planet? When millions of American families
in Obama's unstimulated economy? Or keeping their home while the Democrat lobs $53 billion more taxpayer money winning the future with unions to build high-speed trains for nobody to ride -- but to do so very rapidly?

As Obama did with extending the Bush tax cuts in December, it appears

... the president of the United States is positioning himself as the reluctant follower again: 'Gee, it looks like I'll have to accept those cuts from these GOP hostage-takers, as much as I don't like them.' " Andrew Malcolm, LA Times

"This guy is a clueless putz." Nanker, TBD

Talk about being damned if you do and damned if ya don't... If Obama refuses to give in and fights to repeal the Bush tax cuts; he's partisan, far left and seen as refusing to work with Republicans. If he compromises and extends the Bush tax cuts; he's a follower that doesn't know how to lead. So, what would you have him do - be a far left-leaning, partisan president or have him try and work with Republicans?

Talk about being damned if you do and damned if ya don't... If Obama refuses to give in and fights to repeal the Bush tax cuts; he's partisan, far left and seen as refusing to work with Republicans. If he compromises and extends the Bush tax cuts; he's a follower that doesn't know how to lead. So, what would you have him do - be a far left-leaning, partisan president or have him try and work with Republicans?

Increment.

Watching the libs have to face the painful and increasingly undeniable truth that their mesiah is an empty suit (or puppet, if you prefer) would be entirely satisfying were it not for the fact that the guy failing miserably is our President, and what he's failing at is managing our country.

It's like watching their realization that they had been duped by a really bad con man in John Edwards. It must be tough seeing a man you've freely given your respect and admiration to exposed as a scumbag and a fraud, and having to face the the fact that you were too big a hack to see what was painfully obvious to anyone with a head residing outside their ass.

Yeh, but what I really find incredible is the Republicans are once again over-reaching by Union bashing and cutting programs they don't like but not really doing anything to cut the deficit. Even in Wisconsin a useful compromise is being offered by the Unions agreeing to much of what is asked except collective bargaining right. You can always count on the right wing teeth grinders to overstep a good victory and snatch defeat from the jaws of a good victory opportunity.

By the same token so did the liberal left. I am sick of the uncompromising unpractical extremes of both parties.

I think calling him irrelevant is quite a bit over the top. It's pretty clear to anyone paying attention that, comparatively speaking, he makes Dick Jauron look like a great leader, but he's very relevant. You don't gather than many people union people outside a state capital without having some relevance.

Did he call for the rallies? That's inciting civil disobedience. I thought they did so on their own and he's just trying to play catch up with the loonies.

Must be, because his poll numbers are falling again.

Even in Wisconsin a useful compromise is being offered by the Unions agreeing to much of what is asked except collective bargaining right. You can always count on the right wing teeth grinders to overstep a good victory and snatch defeat from the jaws of a good victory opportunity.

The collective bargaining has to go, or the next time a union croney is elected he will give them whatever they want and the state will be right back in the hole.

The collective bargaining has to go, or the next time a union croney is elected he will give them whatever they want and the state will be right back in the hole.

I have to admit it's pretty funny these days listening to the far left cry up a storm about major corporations buying up elections. Because, y'know, union bosses never donate dues and manpower to help elect libs into office in exchange for sweetheart pay and retirement deals that are on the backend so it doesn't immediately hit the budget.

Nope. Never happens.