Warren Sapp rates Dareus over Fairley

Beerball

Let me get this straight...

Fairley had 11.5 sacks, 24 tackles for a loss, 21 QB pressures, no suspensions

Dareus had 4.5 sacks, 11 tackles for a loss, 10 QB pressures, and was SUSPENDED for 2 games

…and yet it's Nick Failey who gets tagged by Mayock as someone that has questionable work ethic and reliability??????????

Fairley had double the sacks, double the tackles for loss, double the QB pressures, no suspension. But Dareus is the better prospect????? Wow, are these NFL Network people complete idiots.

Unless he has serious proof of this, Mayock should keep his trap shut. Because based on the stat numbers and suspensions, it's Marcel Dareus who's the big fat slouch, not Fairley. It's not even close. IMO those comments border on being slanderous. Where's the proof of this? Can any of these so-called "experts" just say anything about a player and get away with it?

The Buffalo Bills had better not pick Marcel Dareus over Nick Fairley based on bull___ rumors. This is why crappy teams always suck, they have tooooooooo much time between the end of the college season to the draft to over think themselves and make a horrifically foolish pick like Dareus over Fairley.

This topic is about Warren Sapp's endorsement of Marcel Dareus over Nick Fairley. But as you bring it up, yes, Mike Mayock also prefers Dareus to Fairley.

The stats you bring up are very irrelevant. Dareus played in a rotation…I'd bet dollars to donuts that he had fewer snaps than did Fairley.

In addition, Dareus played defensive end in a 3-4 defense. Playing this position (along with 3-4 nose tackle) is a virtual guarantee that you won't be able to put up any kind of impressive stats because as a 5-technique, Dareus' first responsibility is to set the edge and occupy blockers.

Marcel Dareus is the NFL's next Tyson Jackson bust in waiting. Same size and player who'll have the same failure rate when being switched to the 3/4 DE roll. You have to be athletic to make it as a 3/4 DE and Fairley is the only one of the two who possesses that athleticism.

Dareus is actually a much higher risk pick than Fairley. Failey's only negative is of this rumored bad attitude, Dareus is a lesser talent and that's MUCH bigger of an issue.

This is why bad teams stay bad, they out think themselves into picks like Donte Freaking Whitner over Ngata because they are supposedly safer and a better "fit". This is becoming the silly season when people are rooting for the Bills taking Marcel Dareus over Nick Fairley.

Lock it down, Nick Fairley is the safer pick over Marcel Dareus (aka Tyson Jackson 2.0).

Tyson Jackson isn't a bust. Yes the Chiefs reached for him at #3 when most information indicated that he was a mid first rounder.

And again, Tyson Jackson plays in a 3-4 defense in Kansas City after playing his whole college career in a 4-3 at LSU. So again, he's playing a position where his primary responsibility is not to make plays…but to set the edge and absorb blockers.

As for body types, it appears to me that Tyson Jackson is more physically similar to Nick Fairley…not Marcel Dareus.

Anyways, those people looking at stats in comparing Fairley to Dareus are misguided in my opinion. As scouts have said, Dareus has much more consistent effort than Fairley and uses his hands better.

To me the two are very close but I prefer Dareus.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Dareus had 4.5 sacks, 11 tackles for a loss, 10 QB pressures, and was SUSPENDED for 2 games

…and yet it's Nick Failey who gets tagged by Mayock as someone that has questionable work ethic and reliability??????????

Fairley had double the sacks, double the tackles for loss, double the QB pressures, no suspension. But Dareus is the better prospect????? Wow, are these NFL Network people complete idiots.

Unless he has serious proof of this, Mayock should keep his trap shut. Because based on the stat numbers and suspensions, it's Marcel Dareus who's the big fat slouch, not Fairley. It's not even close. IMO those comments border on being slanderous. Where's the proof of this? Can any of these so-called "experts" just say anything about a player and get away with it?

The Buffalo Bills had better not pick Marcel Dareus over Nick Fairley based on bull___ rumors. This is why crappy teams always suck, they have tooooooooo much time between the end of the college season to the draft to over think themselves and make a horrifically foolish pick like Dareus over Fairley.

That's what the bills FO was thinking when they drafted maybin over matthews. Turned out well huh!

I just want to reiterate that this arguement is moot. Its extremely unlikely we have to chose bewteen these two players, and even less likely we draft one of them. The reason for that is they are both very good, and the Bills only draft bad players in teh top 10. Our pick will be either Peterson, Miller, or Newton/Gabbert, and whoever it is will be the biggest bust of the draft.

I just want to reiterate that this arguement is moot. Its extremely unlikely we have to chose bewteen these two players, and even less likely we draft one of them. The reason for that is they are both very good, and the Bills only draft bad players in teh top 10. Our pick will be either Peterson, Miller, or Newton/Gabbert, and whoever it is will be the biggest bust of the draft.

Disagree. I honestly think (hope) we have a credible FO now. Figure not even we can get it wrong this time.

i'm suppose to listen to you over mayock,LOL.

mayock is GREAT @ what he does and definatly knows his crap more than any of us.

this is not an exact science everyone misseses on a player now and then. just because he liked shu second best does not mean that he did not consider shu a great player.

as far as i'm concerned you cannot judge a player until he has @ least 3 years in the league so mayock may turn out right in his assessement down the road.

anyway i also love fairley but believe me i put a lot of stock in what mayock says so if we dont get fairley and get darius then maybe i wont be as dissapointed. they are both great players i hope.

i just wish we had the third pick in last years draft instead of this years draft. this IMO is a very bad draft to be in the top 5 due to lack of true super stars especially after Luck dropped out. bowers and Fairley could both be one year wonders,peterson is rated higher than ackumura because of his return abilities but i think ack is the better corner and we dont need a receiver. the QB's are all a gamble in the top 5.

if i had it my way i would trade down to around the #10 spot and pick up another second which would give us the amo to drop back into the later part of the first round and pick up another solid starter.

that being said i would rather have our position in this years draft over last years draft in rounds 2 thru 7 because i think this is a deeper draft at positions of need for the bills except LB in or out but especially inside.

i remember that well, but oddly enough I kinda hold off from judging that type of "legal" hit, because you never know what else had transpired between those players. It's possible that the Packers had been taking some dangerous cheap shots at Sapp earlier.

I don't like Sapp though.

I'd be happy with either of them.

i'm suppose to listen to you over mayock,LOL.

mayock is GREAT @ what he does and definatly knows his crap more than any of us.

this is not an exact science everyone misseses on a player now and then. just because he liked shu second best does not mean that he did not consider shu a great player.

as far as i'm concerned you cannot judge a player until he has @ least 3 years in the league so mayock may turn out right in his assessement down the road.

anyway i also love fairley but believe me i put a lot of stock in what mayock says so if we dont get fairley and get darius then maybe i wont be as dissapointed. they are both great players i hope.

i just wish we had the third pick in last years draft instead of this years draft. this IMO is a very bad draft to be in the top 5 due to lack of true super stars especially after Luck dropped out. bowers and Fairley could both be one year wonders,peterson is rated higher than ackumura because of his return abilities but i think ack is the better corner and we dont need a receiver. the QB's are all a gamble in the top 5.

if i had it my way i would trade down to around the #10 spot and pick up another second which would give us the amo to drop back into the later part of the first round and pick up another solid starter.

that being said i would rather have our position in this years draft over last years draft in rounds 2 thru 7 because i think this is a deeper draft at positions of need for the bills except LB in or out but especially inside.

By the time draft day comes, it'll be widely considered that there are four "Superstar" player types in this draft...Green, Peterson, Fairley and Newton.

We're picking at #3, so I think this is a great year to be picking where we are. I'd have no problem picking any of them. I just don't want the Bills picking for need or scheme over BPA with that pick. That second round pick can be the need and scheme pick.