Warren Sapp rates Dareus over Fairley

Beerball

Love it. In their mock posted by Evan Silva, they have Bowers going #1 to Carolina, Fairley going #4 to the Bungles and Dareus going #9 to the Cowgirls.

We apparently will also be taking Cam Newton at the 3 spot.

I love mock drafts. They continually bring new meaning to the word mock.

Let me get this straight...

Fairley had 11.5 sacks, 24 tackles for a loss, 21 QB pressures, no suspensions

Dareus had 4.5 sacks, 11 tackles for a loss, 10 QB pressures, and was SUSPENDED for 2 games

…and yet it's Nick Failey who gets tagged by Mayock as someone that has questionable work ethic and reliability??????????

Fairley had double the sacks, double the tackles for loss, double the QB pressures, no suspension. But Dareus is the better prospect????? Wow, are these NFL Network people complete idiots.

Unless he has serious proof of this, Mayock should keep his trap shut. Because based on the stat numbers and suspensions, it's Marcel Dareus who's the big fat slouch, not Fairley. It's not even close. IMO those comments border on being slanderous. Where's the proof of this? Can any of these so-called "experts" just say anything about a player and get away with it?

The Buffalo Bills had better not pick Marcel Dareus over Nick Fairley based on bull___ rumors. This is why crappy teams always suck, they have tooooooooo much time between the end of the college season to the draft to over think themselves and make a horrifically foolish pick like Dareus over Fairley.

Dareus had 4.5 sacks, 11 tackles for a loss, 10 QB pressures, and was SUSPENDED for 2 games

…and yet it's Nick Failey who gets tagged by Mayock as someone that has questionable work ethic and reliability??????????

Fairley had double the sacks, double the tackles for loss, double the QB pressures, no suspension. But Dareus is the better prospect????? Wow, are these NFL Network people complete idiots.

Unless he has serious proof of this, Mayock should keep his trap shut. Because based on the stat numbers and suspensions, it's Marcel Dareus who's the big fat slouch, not Fairley. It's not even close. IMO those comments border on being slanderous. Where's the proof of this? Can any of these so-called "experts" just say anything about a player and get away with it?

The Buffalo Bills had better not pick Marcel Dareus over Nick Fairley based on bull___ rumors. This is why crappy teams always suck, they have tooooooooo much time between the end of the college season to the draft to over think themselves and make a horrifically foolish pick like Dareus over Fairley.

:thumbsup:

I couldn't agree more... TREE KILLERS!!!

WAR EAGLE!!!!

:thumbsup:

I couldn't agree more... TREE KILLERS!!!

WAR EAGLE!!!!

One guy is a "solid" player at the point of attack, the other guy exudes pure joy eating quarterbacks for lunch. We all know which one is which.

Anyone who questions Fairley's desire to play football after watching him in action is truly an idiot.

But we're the Buffalo Bills and we want only want soft and nice guys who like to tweet harder than they play. Mean and nasty James Harrison types need not apply.

Disagree Billsfan. Don't deny your stats but I have seen MDs sack totals variously reported for 2010 as 5 and 6. In any case, as you say, MD accumulated those numbers having missed two games. Also have to bear in mind that Bama uses a rotational system (just a philosophical thing, not a knock on their DL players) and so Dareus saw less of the field than Fairly. He will see more of it in the pros. I might have a slight preference for Fairley in a 4/3 but the Bills will apparently run a hybrid and MD is scheme flexible, unlike Fairley. MD will do much more to bolster our run D. Tell Colt McCoy he can't get after the QB.

I like Fairley's aggression too, but unless he cleans up his act he will get into trouble in the pros.

They are both blue chip, and I agree MD is the safer pick, but I also think he is the better pick for the Bills.

Disagree Billsfan. Don't deny your stats but I have seen MDs sack totals variously reported for 2010 as 5 and 6. In any case, as you say, MD accumulated those numbers having missed two games. Also have to bear in mind that Bama uses a rotational system (just a philosophical thing, not a knock on their DL players) and so Dareus saw less of the field than Fairly. He will see more of it in the pros. I might have a slight preference for Fairley in a 4/3 but the Bills will apparently run a hybrid and MD is scheme flexible, unlike Fairley. MD will do much more to bolster our run D. Tell Colt McCoy he can't get after the QB.

I like Fairley's aggression too, but unless he cleans up his act he will get into trouble in the pros.

They are both blue chip, and I agree MD is the safer pick, but I also think he is the better pick for the Bills.

Marcel Dareus is the NFL's next Tyson Jackson bust in waiting. Same size and player who'll have the same failure rate when being switched to the 3/4 DE roll. You have to be athletic to make it as a 3/4 DE and Fairley is the only one of the two who possesses that athleticism.

Dareus is actually a much higher risk pick than Fairley. Failey's only negative is of this rumored bad attitude, Dareus is a lesser talent and that's MUCH bigger of an issue.

This is why bad teams stay bad, they out think themselves into picks like Donte Freaking Whitner over Ngata because they are supposedly safer and a better "fit". This is becoming the silly season when people are rooting for the Bills taking Marcel Dareus over Nick Fairley.

Lock it down, Nick Fairley is the safer pick over Marcel Dareus (aka Tyson Jackson 2.0).

Edited by 1billsfan

Marcel Dareus is the NFL's next Tyson Jackson bust in waiting. Same size and player who'll have the same failure rate when being switched to the 3/4 DE roll. You have to be athletic to make it as a 3/4 DE and Fairley is the only one of the two who possesses that athleticism.

Dareus is actually a much higher risk pick than Fairley. Failey's only negative is of this rumored bad attitude, Dareus is a lesser talent and that's MUCH bigger of an issue.

This is why bad teams stay bad, they out think themselves into picks like Donte Freaking Whitner over Ngata because they are supposedly safer and a better "fit". This is becoming the silly season when people are rooting for the Bills taking Marcel Dareus over Nick Fairley.

Lock it down, Nick Fairley is the safer pick over Marcel Dareus (aka Tyson Jackson 2.0).

For those who say MD is not athletic, go back and look again at his pick six in the 2010 BCS National Championship game. Tyson was very much a surprise pick and generally considered a reach at #3. MD will not be a surprise at #3 when the Bills take him.

I agree on all counts, nothing against Fairley at all. But MD has the motor and he knows where the ball is no matter what position they lined him up in. Either one will be asset to whom ever gets them without question, but i want Dareus on our team.

I have heard that Sapp is one of the biggest a-holes that have played in the NFL in a long time.

I work for the family that owns the Bucs. We have tons of signed Bucs jerseys around our office. Sapp's is the only one that isnt signed - he refused. Thats pretty lo IMO.

PS: I am not suprised that Sapp likes Dareus - He plays more like Sapp did. I think that Fairley is better for us - we are going to be playing a 3-4 after all. Dont we want a more physical, stout guy more than a quick penatrator? Fairley is like Suh and Dareus is more like McCoy - Suh would make the better 5 tech. We may have a shot at that mean SOB.

Besides, it is unlikely that we have to choose between one of these two. I fully expect one, but not both, to be gone. Bowers could also play into the pick. Maybe een Watt ro Jorden too. However, we will likely take Aaron Miller.

Edited by Thoner7

you do realize that dareus is the only one of the two that did play 5 tech, 34 DE in college? at a pretty prestigious program, known for their 34 scheme, fairley would be moved to a new system, and playing 3 tech, a different position for him, and a different position then dareus. but if we want to move KW from nose, its actually the same position he would play.

you also realize that at that 5 tech, sacks are rare?

and that he missed 2 games AND was playing pretty beat up/injured..... you know, getting hit in the ankle with an illegal block.

and as for that suspension -- you do realize part of the cam investigation is a federal investigation into auburn boosters starting "charities" and giving players access to those accounts.... i wonder if once the media gets off cam, we find out a lot of guys had similar situations going on. but i guess your right, cam is the only auburn player with questions.

not saying hes better, but its possible hes better for our systems and schemes.

and he seems to have a good head on his shoulders-- handling the suspension and investigation like an adult, and actually having it reduced for his strong cooperation.

“We are appreciative of the NCAA’s efforts in this matter,” he said in a statement. “... Marcell lived up to the letter and spirit of the NCAA cooperative principle and the NCAA described him as ‘one of the most truthful student-athletes we have ever interviewed.’”

Edited by NoSaint