Stadium Rankings

packfntk

Just saw this and thought it was interesting. As I have stated before my buddies and I go to at least 1 away game per year so I love to hear about other stadiums. Why is RWS so low, just because of updates? Tell me about the experience if you could, any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I have been to:

#1- Lambeau Field (Of Course)- I consider this the mecca of any other stadium. Yes, I am bias but I haven't seen anything like it yet.

#4- Heinz Field- It was all right. This was one of the stadiums I had to go to. We lost in 2009 on a last second pass to Mike Wallace in a 37-36 game. The fans weren't very good since they were struggling, and they razzed us quite a bit AFTER the game. Before they were saying how we were gonna beat the crap out of them.....

#12- Soldier Field- Outside of the stadium is the ugliest thing I have ever seen but the inside was very nice. Fans were quiet and awful to us as expected with one of our biggest rivals.

#13- Arrowhead Stadium- My favorite stadium so far. LOUD. Frienly fans, great tailgating. I want to go back.

#18- LP Field- I love Nashville. I thought LP was pretty darn cool. Fans get pretty loud. Good tailgating as well.

#24- Georgia Dome- It was alllllll right....... We tailgated in a gravel lot that we paid $60 for and it was kind of ghetto. REALLY ghetto. Stadium was cool, I don't really like domes, but they were nice and it was fun.

#31- Metrodome- We call it the Dumpty Dome. What a crap hole this place is. Awful all the way around. I was surprised we didn't get a lot of crap in the game, mostly because we outnumbered the Viqueen fans. I will never go back, thankfully because mother nature hated this place too and will hopefully bulldoze it and move the peices to LA.

So that is my stadium run down. Thoughts on different stadiums or thoughts on my reviews?

where are the rankings? I would be interested.

oh, and Ralph Wilson Stadium is kind of an uncomfortable dump compared to almost every other major sports venue.

It does have charm and IMO it is great as a fan, but it has to do with the fans moreso than the building. There is no stratification. Ordinary Joes can afford good seats. Food is cruddy, concourses and bathrooms are hideous..... Tailgating is legendary though

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Ranking-the-NFL-Stadiums.html'>http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Ranking-the-NFL-Stadiums.html

is that it?

Wow! didnt expect to be as high as #20. The summary there is pretty good

found this one in my searching:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Ranking-the-NFL-Stadiums.html

#12?!

It is all a matter of perspective though. I would much, much rather go to a game in the Ralph or Lambeau, etc... than go to a monstrousity with bells and whistles like the Jerry Dome

lol that he deducts many points because the Raiders had metal bleachers.

My seats at the Ralph are metal bleachers

Edited by May Day 10

A pack fan considers lambeau the best and dumps on Minneapolis? Shocking.

Anyways, out of the handful of stadiums i've been to, Cleveland was the worst, but there was a blizzard going on at the time so that had something to do with it. Fans were, for the most part, jackasses.

where are the rankings? I would be interested.

oh, and Ralph Wilson Stadium is kind of an uncomfortable dump compared to almost every other major sports venue.

It does have charm and IMO it is great as a fan, but it has to do with the fans moreso than the building. There is no stratification. Ordinary Joes can afford good seats. Food is cruddy, concourses and bathrooms are hideous..... Tailgating is legendary though

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Ranking-the-NFL-Stadiums.html'>http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Ranking-the-NFL-Stadiums.html

is that it?

Wow! didnt expect to be as high as #20. The summary there is pretty good

found this one in my searching:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Ranking-the-NFL-Stadiums.html

#12?!

It is all a matter of perspective though. I would much, much rather go to a game in the Ralph or Lambeau, etc... than go to a monstrousity with bells and whistles like the Jerry Dome

lol that he deducts many points because the Raiders had metal bleachers.

My seats at the Ralph are metal bleachers

Agreed. I have been to Reliant Stadium in Houston for three games, it is really nice stadium, first rate...but it has no character, and there is very little excitement...it could be that the fans are pretty passive, because the Texans have been largely disappointing since their inception...but 2 of the 3 games I went to were Bills games, and there was a pretty decent sized Bills group at both...I think the problem is, the places are just so sprawling, it is hard to feel connected with the game...unless it is a really good game...

I have always wanted to go to a game at Arrowhead, and Raymond James.

Edited by Buftex

Arrowhead always comes across as nuts (when the Chiefs are in contention).

I havent been to an NFL game outside of Buffalo even though I work about 1000 yards from Lincoln Financial Field.

I know what you mean about too much 'sprawl'. They say that you can easily place Old Giants Stadium inside the New Giants Stadium and have plenty of room left over.

"A pack fan considers lambeau the best and dumps on Minneapolis? Shocking."

I'll back him up there, that place sucks. The cramped concourses make the Ralph look like a tarmac. The downtown location on the rail is nice but there's not much going on down in that area.

The Pats have an amazing stadium. The upper concourses are wide and easily navigated. Entry into the stadium is 5 minutes for a line that take 20-30 at the Ralph. And you can get a Sam Adams draft there for less than a crappy Buttwiper at the Ralph. It wasn't until I went to NE that I truly understood the push for new stadiums. I will say though that my upper deck seat seems way higher and further from the field than the highest seat at the Raplh.

As a side note, I saw something today about a new staidum for Atlanta. This league is a joke really. How old is that place, less than 15 or 20 years? It's a big city league and if they don't figure a way out to ensure the small markets can survive, Buffalo, KC, Cleveland, Jacksonville, and some of these other declining markets are dead. Jerry Jones and his anti-revenue sharing don't understand that what makes the league popular and work is the balance. If it turns into the DAL, NY, DC, ATL, CHI, and LA teams versus everyone else, it'll become baseball.

A pack fan considers lambeau the best and dumps on Minneapolis? Shocking.

Anyways, out of the handful of stadiums i've been to, Cleveland was the worst, but there was a blizzard going on at the time so that had something to do with it. Fans were, for the most part, jackasses.

Was that the game against the Bills in I think '07?

Ive only been to two NFL stadiums, Buffalo and Cinci. The Bengals stadium was nice enough, reminded me alot of the Ralph. Tailgating was fun even tho we parked under and overpass. Fans were overall pretty nice even tho we were getting beat up in the first half. Then we blew them out and suddenly my brother and I didnt have any friends anymore... :oops:

Ive only been to two NFL stadiums, Buffalo and Cinci. The Bengals stadium was nice enough, reminded me alot of the Ralph. Tailgating was fun even tho we parked under and overpass. Fans were overall pretty nice even tho we were getting beat up in the first half. Then we blew them out and suddenly my brother and I didnt have any friends anymore... :oops:

Well, your cousin could have told you that was gonna happen.

Glad to see the Ralph ranked higher than the GA Dome. Unfortunately the only ones on this list I've been to are the Ralph, GA Dome, and Arrowhead. Being a Buffalo guy and having been accustomed to our insane tailgating culture, attending a game at the Dome was about as big of a let down as it gets. I've said it quite a few times on here over the years, but there is absolutely no cohesion to the Falcons fan base whatsoever. The art of tailgating is lost on these folks, the crowds are typically not very passionate at all (with exceptions here and there....they do have their small pockets of diehards), and the atmosphere is just nothing like that of a real football city like KC and B-lo. I'll take the cultures of places like KC, B-lo, GB, and even Baltimore of some of these fancy schmancy stadiums with all the bells and whistles but no character.

Glad to see the Ralph ranked higher than the GA Dome. Unfortunately the only ones on this list I've been to are the Ralph, GA Dome, and Arrowhead. Being a Buffalo guy and having been accustomed to our insane tailgating culture, attending a game at the Dome was about as big of a let down as it gets. I've said it quite a few times on here over the years, but there is absolutely no cohesion to the Falcons fan base whatsoever. The art of tailgating is lost on these folks, the crowds are typically not very passionate at all (with exceptions here and there....they do have their small pockets of diehards), and the atmosphere is just nothing like that of a real football city like KC and B-lo. I'll take the cultures of places like KC, B-lo, GB, and even Baltimore of some of these fancy schmancy stadiums with all the bells and whistles but no character.

Yeah we just went there this year. Like I said we tailgated in ATL but it just wasn't the same. I have yet to see anything like Lambeau yet but I hear B-Lo and Arrowhead are the closest that compare to it. I have been to Arrowhead and it was pretty cool, but not there yet.

I need football to be here now.

The old Lions stadium, the Metrodome, was probably the worst I have been to because it was the worst I have ever seen.

Tailgating was non-existant and you had to walk roughly 3/4 mile to the stadium. The fans inside were bored, no energy, nothing. Mich. Intl. Speedway was bad, too.

The Panthers stadium is rather boring, as well, but not bad. It is a nice set up. I passed up the chance to go to the Houston end of season game - and regret it.

*Edit: This article is bunk, the Cowboys stadium cannot be considered tops after the Super Bowl fiasco. Lincoln Financial, no thanks, that just looks like a whole mess. This is less about good experiences and enviroments and more about what is supposed to be cool and trendy.

Edited by jboyst62

I have been to 10 NFL stadiums, listed below. Ralph isn't the best but its far better than most.

1. Lambeau -- simply awesome in every way.

2. Soldier Field -- awesome location in the city, good mix of new and old.

3. Ralph Wilson -- has everything you'd want great atmosphere.

4. Ford Field

5. M&T bank -- decent, if unremarkable new stadium.

6. Indy -- decent new place but sort of like an over sized empty barn.

7. Qualcomm -- decent stadium, not too modern but fine place to watch a game.

8. Fins-- Bad stadium half empty zero fan suppourt on days that end in y.

9. The Link-- faceless new stadium full of total scum and losers.

10. FedEx -- hard to believe it was built this century. Awful layout, horrible set up on everything makes getting a beer or taking a piss take almost 30 min each. Add to that it costs more to do anything there and going to FedEx to do anything but watch them take it down is a waste.

Yeah we just went there this year. Like I said we tailgated in ATL but it just wasn't the same. I have yet to see anything like Lambeau yet but I hear B-Lo and Arrowhead are the closest that compare to it. I have been to Arrowhead and it was pretty cool, but not there yet.

I need football to be here now.

I can't wait to go to Lambeau for a game...and I agree, I hate the offseason. I really haven't known what to do with myself these last two Sundays :(

In addition to Rich/Ralph, I've been to Giants, Lincoln Financial, and M&T Bank/PSI. They all good and serve their purpose.

I love Rich because:

1. Its the home team.

2. Nobody, nobody else has troughs in the bathroom.

Enough said.

one of the worst experiences of my life was during the San Diego game a few years ago, the power went out when I was in the bathroom. Disgusting, dank trough-bathroom... cave like with no natural light and overpacked with a hundred drunk dudes.