Carucci looks at Bills key offseason issues

Beerball

Can't really say I disagree with much that he says, minus the Cam Comments. I don't believe that Carolina uses a 1st on a QB unless they trade back. Rivera is a defensive minded coach who will not pass up on Fairley or Bowers. We need help on the defensive side of the ball in a major way. I hope our 1st isn't Newton in a way, but wouldn't be throwing shoes at the TV on draft day if he's lights out at the combine and has a solid Wonderlic score.

I think the most important thing that needs to come out of the 3rd pick overall is, he needs to be a star. This team is so incredibly void of high end talent, it won't bother me who they decide to draft. For instance if we draft A.J. Green, my first thought won't be "well what about our defense?". I will think this is the most talented person they thought was available. The problem with Bills fans is we've drafted so terribly the last 10-12 years, that we're programmed to believe that if we draft a player with our 1st round pick outside of the consensus "need" position we've turned our back on need. Folks we have 2-7 rounds and free agency to address needs as well. I'm for getting the player with the most star potential regardless of position. Obviously if the differential between a need position and non need isn't great enough to differentiate, you go with need.

There is so much retooling to do, it's difficult to make a decision what to do with #3. I think Fitz is good enough to make it next year, but the defense is abysmal at best. We need another BRUUUCE or a Phil Hansen. A biscuit wouldn't be bad either.

There are way too many holes that need fixing, and there isn't enough picks to go around.

Whoever they pick they can't go wrong. They need elite talent wherever they can get it. And they can use the other rounds or Free Agency or trades to to improve the defense. Defense could also improve if young players get stronger and improve, which is what we should expect from a Troup, Arrington and Moats.