Iron Man 3

CosmicBills

From just your link title, I was a little concerned about losing Jon Favreau. But after reading the article, Im back to loving this franchise 100%. And anyways, RDJr can do no wrong.

I agree. Black is one of my favorite writers (and an inspiration for me when I got into the business). I LOVE KKBB and think that Black could do great things for the franchise. I really hope he writes it too but that hasn't been decided as of yet as far as I can tell.

I kinda want to see this movie RIGHT NOW.

Saw 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang' by accident one night and LOVED it.

Right? It's an excellent and fun flick. I think he'll bring a lot to Iron Man -- he could easily become a hugely successful and popular director. Something no one would have expected 10 years ago. This guy dropped out of Hollywood because he was tired of studios ruining his scripts. It's good to have him back.

I wonder how closely they're working to tie all these movies together for the eventual Avengers movie. The Thor trailer makes it look like it is essentially a direct sequel to this movie since that SHIELD agent is all over it. Will the rest of the movies leading into the Avengers now have that close of a tie in the rest of the way?

I wonder how closely they're working to tie all these movies together for the eventual Avengers movie. The Thor trailer makes it look like it is essentially a direct sequel to this movie since that SHIELD agent is all over it. Will the rest of the movies leading into the Avengers now have that close of a tie in the rest of the way?

I have no connection to Marvel, so I'm speaking purely from an outside perspective here, but that's exactly how I understand the project(s) will unfold. Marvel is rolling the dice with these other flicks, tying them together with an extensive Avengers' mythology that will culminate with Captain America: First Avenger. It started in Iron Man 1 (after the credits), was expanded on in the Hulk (the most recent one with a RDJ cameo) and then hit pretty hard in Iron Man 2. But I expect Thor and First Avenger to be very heavy in the Avenger set up department.

It's really a bold plan for a new studio like Marvel to attempt. I for one hope it works -- and I'm not really a big comic book guy.

I have no connection to Marvel, so I'm speaking purely from an outside perspective here, but that's exactly how I understand the project(s) will unfold. Marvel is rolling the dice with these other flicks, tying them together with an extensive Avengers' mythology that will culminate with Captain America: First Avenger. It started in Iron Man 1 (after the credits), was expanded on in the Hulk (the most recent one with a RDJ cameo) and then hit pretty hard in Iron Man 2. But I expect Thor and First Avenger to be very heavy in the Avenger set up department.

It's really a bold plan for a new studio like Marvel to attempt. I for one hope it works -- and I'm not really a big comic book guy.

It's a very bold move. There just always ends up being nowhere near enough time in a movie to tell a story involving that many characters. So trying to tie things together with a series of separate movies does sound like a good idea. The problem is that there always winds up being so much time between the release of each of the movies. So maybe having Captain America and Thor coming out this summer will help with that.

And I always forget about the Hulk connection for this planned movie since, if I remember correctly, Norton has already said he doesn't want to be involved in it.

Ive been really excited about since I heard about this plan back when Iron Man was coming out. Looking forward to every piece of this. Im not a HUGE comin book fan, I dont have a collection or anything, but I really like how Marvel has been doing their movies since they became their own studio.

It's a very bold move. There just always ends up being nowhere near enough time in a movie to tell a story involving that many characters. So trying to tie things together with a series of separate movies does sound like a good idea. The problem is that there always winds up being so much time between the release of each of the movies. So maybe having Captain America and Thor coming out this summer will help with that.

And I always forget about the Hulk connection for this planned movie since, if I remember correctly, Norton has already said he doesn't want to be involved in it.

Right. They already recast him. It's going to be Mark Ruffalo in the Avenger's movie playing the Hulk.

Ive been really excited about since I heard about this plan back when Iron Man was coming out. Looking forward to every piece of this. Im not a HUGE comin book fan, I dont have a collection or anything, but I really like how Marvel has been doing their movies since they became their own studio.

Absolutely! And having Joss Whedon direct the Avengers is going to be insane. In a good way.