Survivor: Redemption Island

ajzepp

:censored: :censored: :censored:

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

RUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSELLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

COME BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:cry:

:angry: DAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNITTOHELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!! He showed why he came back again. He really wanted to and thought he should have won. Here's to you Russell the best to have ever played the game yet not get the votes needed to take home the $1M. :beer:

Now I have to root for Rob.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:angry: DAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNITTOHELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!! He showed why he came back again. He really wanted to and thought he should have won. Here's to you Russell the best to have ever played the game yet not get the votes needed to take home the $1M. :beer:

I'm in the same camp as you. I really want to see the entire tribe go down that threw Russel out. Only exception is the girls that were with aligned with Russ. When she dropped "The storm is coming line" I was in love. :thumbsup:

:censored: :censored: :censored:

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

RUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSELLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

COME BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:cry:

Na na na na, na na na na. Hey hey hey. Goodbye. Count me in those that glad to see Russell leave. He was a great player but he had to go. Yet Ralph isn't as smart as I thought he was in letting the others know about his Immunity Idol. It's still way too early to predict but as things stand now I think Boston Rob's understudy Grant is the guy to beat in this game.

Edited by The Jokeman

And yeah, if memory serves they plant a new idol as soon as one of them gets put into play. Russell not only became the first player to ever find one without the benefit of a single clue, he repeated that feat a second and third time within the same season. His first season was a thing of beauty...the guy played one of the best games ever, but the jury pussied out and gave the money to a coattail riding bimbo.

Count me in the group that thinks the producers gave Russel hints on where the idols were. They've been accused of helping players out in the past so it makes sense.

Regardless, he didn't deserve to win any of the games he played, and he didn't deserve it this year either. Being social is part of the game, one he never understood and never will.

The fact that he cried made me like him even more. I know that sounds weird, but it was about as "real" of a moment as you will find on a reality show. He clearly loves the game and was there to win it. It's a bummer to see him go so early, but this is Rob's game to lose now. I'd love to see him finally get a win ... fourth time's the charm!

The fact that he cried made me like him even more. I know that sounds weird, but it was about as "real" of a moment as you will find on a reality show. He clearly loves the game and was there to win it. It's a bummer to see him go so early, but this is Rob's game to lose now. I'd love to see him finally get a win ... fourth time's the charm!

Same here...Russell was an innovator in this game. He did it his way and his way was pretty damn good. With all due respect to Fez, I get tired of people whining about how Russell was a big fat meanie, and how the "social game" was his downfall. It's frickin SURVIVOR. Everyone is out to back stab the next person, whether you're nice about it or not. Did that come into play and prevent Russell from winning? Yes, obviously. SHOULD it have? Hell no! The fact that the people on the jury were little bitches and were butt-hurt doesn't mean their cowardly decisions both times were correct. Russell loves the game and he is a true survivor. Russell was right when he went out last night and said it's impossible to play this game with a bunch of crybabies who throw competitions or get their panties in a wad because someone hurt their feelings.

Like you guys, I'm really glad to see that Boston Rob is back to play. He was not into the game at all last time around, but his moves last night were awesome. He's got his tribe under his control for the most part and he's making some moves behind the scenes to position himself for success. Hopefully Phillip will continue to stir things up (I love when, at the very end of the show, Rob said, "Phillip seems to get on everybody's nerves...I think I need to KEEP him lol) and entertain us. I'm also starting to like the kid on redemption island...he's like a lone warrior out there and as of now I think there is a good chance he'll come back into the game.

My thoughts exactly :thumbsup:

I don't care if Russell thought he should have won. He didn't. That's all that matters.

I've lost at Monopoly when I've had 4 monopolies with hotels on everything. It's the best strategy --- collect and build. But the other person had Boardwalk & Park Place and the railroads, got extraordinarily lucky on the dice, and I got owned. I played the game the exact right way and I lost. [shrug].

At first, I thought 'Here he was calling everyone else a bunch of bitches, but who's the one sobbing like a little girl. And then, I thought what you just wrote. And then when he went on to try to claim some kind of moral victory by semi-revealing that Ralph has an idol, that was lame as hell. It's information for yellow, sure. But the value of it at this point in the game is friggin' nil.

Same here...Russell was an innovator in this game. He did it his way and his way was pretty damn good. With all due respect to Fez, I get tired of people whining about how Russell was a big fat meanie, and how the "social game" was his downfall. It's frickin SURVIVOR. Everyone is out to back stab the next person, whether you're nice about it or not. Did that come into play and prevent Russell from winning? Yes, obviously. SHOULD it have? Hell no! The fact that the people on the jury were little bitches and were butt-hurt doesn't mean their cowardly decisions both times were correct. Russell loves the game and he is a true survivor. Russell was right when he went out last night and said it's impossible to play this game with a bunch of crybabies who throw competitions or get their panties in a wad because someone hurt their feelings.

Like you guys, I'm really glad to see that Boston Rob is back to play. He was not into the game at all last time around, but his moves last night were awesome. He's got his tribe under his control for the most part and he's making some moves behind the scenes to position himself for success. Hopefully Phillip will continue to stir things up (I love when, at the very end of the show, Rob said, "Phillip seems to get on everybody's nerves...I think I need to KEEP him lol) and entertain us. I'm also starting to like the kid on redemption island...he's like a lone warrior out there and as of now I think there is a good chance he'll come back into the game.

I'm not going to deny that he was an innovator. He just didn't innovate enough. He came back this time and tried to play the same exact game. You can't do that! One-trick ponies get bounced, especially when their MO is screwing everyone over with idols (and, this time, idol clues) and picking people off one at a time.

The discussion about second chances at tribal had just as much pertinence to Russell as it did to Kristina or Philip. You can't come back on that second chance and do the same thing that got your ass on the outside looking in the first time. Russell had a third chance after his second chance somehow nearly worked. He still didn't change his game. Even complete idiots get wise when their opponent keeps doing the same thing. Purple showed last night that once they took their chemo and got rid of their cancer, they were back to winning challenges and still have a 2-person lead. If Stephanie and the blonde girl want to come back into the fold, OK, but Russell's gone now. His shadow doesn't cast a vote. Really, they'd better hope purple keeps winning.

I'm loving Rob's game. He's back to Robfather status. Loved his "Don't you work for me!??!" aside comment after Philip was lobbying for Kristina after they came back from Redemption. Philip now knows he's the next one in line. It'll be interesting to see what happens now if they can't win immunity. Once the merge comes on, the purple tribe has shown they don't put up with connivers. Rob's saving grace may be to keep that idol as long as he can. He may really need it that first week of the merge.

Who was it on the purple team who said he hasn't thought about sex in the past two weeks? Quite obvious he's in the same tribe as Natalie. All I've got to say is that was a very nice yellow bikini reclining shot last night! :wub:

I'm not going to deny that he was an innovator. He just didn't innovate enough. He came back this time and tried to play the same exact game. You can't do that! One-trick ponies get bounced, especially when their MO is screwing everyone over with idols (and, this time, idol clues) and picking people off one at a time.

The discussion about second chances at tribal had just as much pertinence to Russell as it did to Kristina or Philip. You can't come back on that second chance and do the same thing that got your ass on the outside looking in the first time. Russell had a third chance after his second chance somehow nearly worked. He still didn't change his game. Even complete idiots get wise when their opponent keeps doing the same thing. Purple showed last night that once they took their chemo and got rid of their cancer, they were back to winning challenges and still have a 2-person lead. If Stephanie and the blonde girl want to come back into the fold, OK, but Russell's gone now. His shadow doesn't cast a vote. Really, they'd better hope purple keeps winning.

I'm loving Rob's game. He's back to Robfather status. Loved his "Don't you work for me!??!" aside comment after Philip was lobbying for Kristina after they came back from Redemption. Philip now knows he's the next one in line. It'll be interesting to see what happens now if they can't win immunity. Once the merge comes on, the purple tribe has shown they don't put up with connivers. Rob's saving grace may be to keep that idol as long as he can. He may really need it that first week of the merge.

Who was it on the purple team who said he hasn't thought about sex in the past two weeks? Quite obvious he's in the same tribe as Natalie. All I've got to say is that was a very nice yellow bikini reclining shot last night! :wub:

I don't think it really mattered what his strategy was this game...they were planning to get rid of him first from the very first day of the show. Just so happens that they had to kitty-out in order to get it done because they know they aren't in Russell's league in terms of game play. And I don't really think that Russell has a set strategy. He has a set demeanor, but his strategy has proved to be very flexible and adaptive during his time on the show. He made temporary alliances all the time depending on what he needed to get done that particular week, and more often than not he was successful with it. I have seen all but a few seasons of this show, and I can't recall any other player that was anywhere near as effective as Russell getting others to do what he wanted. He always thought a few steps ahead, and when someone caught him off guard and became a threat out of nowhere, the dude could move the pieces around in order to get rid of that person at the next tribal. Hatch showed a lot of that during the first season, but Russell took it to a new level.

I know a lot of you guys don't like him, and I don't neccesarily LIKE him either...but when you take that out of the equation and just look at the game play, I don't know how anyone could be viewed as better survivor than this guy. When he broke down, it was clear just how much of himself he put into this game. In his first season, he made it clear that what he truly coveted was the title of sole survivor....not the money. And for that coattail riding bimbo to not even grant him that, well, that's just pathetic. But anyway, clearly this was russell's last go, and when it hit him that it was over the emotions really took hold. I respect passionate people, whether I like them or not, and he was obviously one of the most passionate players ever. Too bad his tribe was composed of a bunch of losers.

I don't think it really mattered what his strategy was this game...they were planning to get rid of him first from the very first day of the show. Just so happens that they had to kitty-out in order to get it done because they know they aren't in Russell's league in terms of game play. And I don't really think that Russell has a set strategy. He has a set demeanor, but his strategy has proved to be very flexible and adaptive during his time on the show. He made temporary alliances all the time depending on what he needed to get done that particular week, and more often than not he was successful with it. I have seen all but a few seasons of this show, and I can't recall any other player that was anywhere near as effective as Russell getting others to do what he wanted. He always thought a few steps ahead, and when someone caught him off guard and became a threat out of nowhere, the dude could move the pieces around in order to get rid of that person at the next tribal. Hatch showed a lot of that during the first season, but Russell took it to a new level.

I know a lot of you guys don't like him, and I don't neccesarily LIKE him either...but when you take that out of the equation and just look at the game play, I don't know how anyone could be viewed as better survivor than this guy. When he broke down, it was clear just how much of himself he put into this game. In his first season, he made it clear that what he truly coveted was the title of sole survivor....not the money. And for that coattail riding bimbo to not even grant him that, well, that's just pathetic. But anyway, clearly this was russell's last go, and when it hit him that it was over the emotions really took hold. I respect passionate people, whether I like them or not, and he was obviously one of the most passionate players ever. Too bad his tribe was composed of a bunch of losers.

Sandra's $2M would disagree. :D

Losers? Why because they were to outsmart him? His tribe felt they were strong enough to throw a challenge and oust him again before his "cancer" struck and after winning the immunity challenge this week appears they were right. As Russel's game was to pair himself was a female and find immunity idols and then place doubt in the mind of weaker minded players typically females (sere Gerri in the All Star season) to change their votes and help the dark side. He tried to do it again this year too. One thing to his credit Russell is able to do is learn where votes were going in order to develop a counterstrike. Russell is like Dan Marino as I can respect his game and wish he was on my side but because he's not I have to hate him.

Losers? Why because they were to outsmart him? His tribe felt they were strong enough to throw a challenge and oust him again before his "cancer" struck and after winning the immunity challenge this week appears they were right. As Russel's game was to pair himself was a female and find immunity idols and then place doubt in the mind of weaker minded players typically females (sere Gerri in the All Star season) to change their votes and help the dark side. He tried to do it again this year too. One thing to his credit Russell is able to do is learn where votes were going in order to develop a counterstrike. Russell is like Dan Marino as I can respect his game and wish he was on my side but because he's not I have to hate him.

I don't really consider it outsmarting him, because Russell 1) knew he would be targeted, and 2) picked up on the the fact that the challenge was being thrown while it was taking place. If he had been outsmarted he would have been blindsided at tribal. He wasn't. He picked up on the strategy, tried to get around it and reverse the outcome, and came up one vote short when Foghorn Leghorn proved she had no balls to go along with that schlong.

I don't know how anyone could be viewed as better survivor than this guy.

Alright, the great Brian Heiduk. Made it to final tribal without a single vote cast against him. Went on a great immunity challenge run of wins. Broke promises & backstabbed over half the Final Jury, who trusted him & thought they were truly safe before they were booted. Brought the slimiest POS with him to the Final 2. The jury was appalled... yet they had no choice but to give him the million. :worthy: Edited by Rico

Oops, it's Brian Heidik

On July 5, 2006, Heidik was arrested for allegedly shooting a 12 to 16-week-old shepherd-hound mix puppy with an arrow. Heidik claims he thought the animal who had wandered into his yard was a fox or a coyote even though he was just a foot away from the animal when shooting. He was charged with domestic battery and cruelty to animals.
So all the dipsh$*s who are anti-Michael Vick would hate him too.... that's good enough for me. :lol:

Russell was right when he went out last night and said it's impossible to play this game with a bunch of crybabies who throw competitions or get their panties in a wad because someone hurt their feelings.

Didn't Russel throw a competition in the past to get rid of someone? I thought he did but might be confusing it with someone else.

Regardless, he got played. He was playing the same game, hiding information (idol clue), and therefore nobody trusted him. They decided to act as a team and boot him. They OUTPLAYED him, no? Sounds like sour grapes on his part to cry about throwing a challenge.

And I still think the girl from his first season (Natalie?) deserved it. She was the one pulling the strings towards the end of the season. She let Russel do the dirty work and then cut into first place at the end, just like a speed skater or race car driver. The last few weeks of that season, she was totally in control, even if Russel thought otherwise.

...Russell's gone now. His shadow doesn't cast a vote. Really, they'd better hope purple keeps winning.

Purple had to win for Stephanie and Krista to stay. They didn't. I'm not sure Dave would have directed and solved the puzzle faster. Maybe. That doesn't hold Sereta(?), who nominated Stephanie, in good stead with the other 5 after Stephanie is axed. She rubbed them the wrong way with that. But tonight featured the pipe dreams of several players thinking 10 moves ahead in a game where those players very well might be --- and one was --- jumped next. Stephanie and Krista put out feelers to Rob / Yellow that they were free agents when the merge happens. Won't matter a bit if they're gone before that point, which seems likely.

Krista's observations at tribal of the two-person 'alliances w/in the alliance' has some impact once it gets down to where those alliances will have to play against each other, and Ralph's idol remains the wild card (he'll wish he kept that secret). That seems a couple of vote-offs away. For now, the Big 6 is alive and well.

In Yellow camp, Natalie is still hot. Getting some facial bug-bites. From the next-week preview, it looks like this issue of "girls beach day" will be coming to a head. Philip would seem to be on the wrong side of that... but he's really got nothing left to lose and has to argue that he can offer more in camp work and challenges. Tho, he did try to form an alliance-like bond with Ashley, who despite saying "That was ages ago!" is still feeling a little burned by what happened to Matt. All of that depends on when the merge happens, and when the Redemption player comes back --- and if these happen at the same time or at different points.

Didn't Russel throw a competition in the past to get rid of someone? I thought he did but might be confusing it with someone else.

Regardless, he got played. He was playing the same game, hiding information (idol clue), and therefore nobody trusted him. They decided to act as a team and boot him. They OUTPLAYED him, no? Sounds like sour grapes on his part to cry about throwing a challenge.

On the other side of it, especially the bolded, Rob is playing the game like the old vet he is. Everyone is being led around by his little pinkie. So, he has one idol, and now he's got the clue to another. (I didn't know they put two in play at one time. Is that new? Was another idol granted b/c they won the challenge?) He totally played Grant. "Ya gotta hustle to make a dollah. Everybody knows that!" :lol: And if the others find out about his deception, he should expect the same treatment as Russell. It doesn't look like that's going to happen, either, and he's potentially going to go into the merge with two idols.

And oh, did I mention that Natalie is hot? Dancer. Hmm. At 19 and not particularly petite in ballet terms --- what kind of dancer, do you suppose? Oh, but let's not go down that path....

And I still think the girl from his first season (Natalie?) deserved it. She was the one pulling the strings towards the end of the season. She let Russel do the dirty work and then cut into first place at the end, just like a speed skater or race car driver. The last few weeks of that season, she was totally in control, even if Russel thought otherwise.

Russell got pwned by Hairy Hillbilly, how embarrassing. :bag: I'm sure Sandra had a good laugh watching at home (unless she was too busy counting her money).

I'm glad Sarah Silverman didn't get the boot tonight, she's my fav on that tribe... but maybe it's her vs her blonde friend on RI after next week.

Edited by Rico

So, he has one idol, and now he's got the clue to another. (I didn't know they put two in play at one time. Is that new? Was another idol granted b/c they won the challenge?)

Pretty sure they keep sending clues, even if someone found it (with or without a clue) until the idol is used at Tribal.

Pretty sure they keep sending clues, even if someone found it (with or without a clue) until the idol is used at Tribal.

Yep, there is only one idol in play in the yellow camp, and that's the one Rob has.

I'm going to repeat exactly what one of those Russell women said during the show...it's almost a guarantee that NOBODY from this tribe will make it even close to the end. This is perhaps the dumbest tribe in the history of the show. They have absolutely no long-term strategy, not one among them is any sort of strategist, and when Rob gets a hold of them they will be picked off one by one. I'm actually rooting for the kid on redemption island to keep his streak going...nice 3-0 start, including a win over the best strategic player in the history of Survivor!!!!!