Survivor: Redemption Island

ajzepp

If they voted Rob off, that tribe would have not won a single challenge. That tribe is so disjointed and Rob's the only thing holding everything together. It is funny how the girls follow him around like a high school clique following the star QB.

The only thing that matters is staying on the game. Get the numbers on your side as quickly as possible and stay as long as you can. The whole "keep the strongest players until the merge" strategy has failed every time.

:rolleyes: He's probably going to get them all on his side and then pick them off one by one. :lol:

For exactly this reason.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it. I think the redemption island person would come back at the merge or shortly after.

I think you may be exactly right about that. Bringing them back around the time of the merge would be a great thing. Even though tribes tend to be somewhat loyal to their original tribe mates after the merge, there is often some re-shuffling that goes on. Someone who came back from the island around that time would have less of a target on their back (potentially) than if they came back into the game when the line in the sand was still pretty deep. Boston Rob an Russell would dominate in one-to-one challenges on redemption island...if one of them goes there, it will become very interesting and I really do think it may give them an advantage. Looking forward to next week! :thumbsup:

The only thing that matters is staying on the game. Get the numbers on your side as quickly as possible and stay as long as you can. The whole "keep the strongest players until the merge" strategy has failed every time.

See this is where I depart from some folks. If I were playing in the game, my immediate goals would be to 1) solidify my alliance and 2) ensure as many players from my original tribe as possible make it to the merge. After the merge my strategy would shift dramatically, of course, but up until that point I'd want the weakest players gone. That's not the same approach you'd take, I'm assuming?

I think you may be exactly right about that. Bringing them back around the time of the merge would be a great thing. Even though tribes tend to be somewhat loyal to their original tribe mates after the merge, there is often some re-shuffling that goes on. Someone who came back from the island around that time would have less of a target on their back (potentially) than if they came back into the game when the line in the sand was still pretty deep. Boston Rob an Russell would dominate in one-to-one challenges on redemption island...if one of them goes there, it will become very interesting and I really do think it may give them an advantage. Looking forward to next week! :thumbsup:

See this is where I depart from some folks. If I were playing in the game, my immediate goals would be to 1) solidify my alliance and 2) ensure as many players from my original tribe as possible make it to the merge. After the merge my strategy would shift dramatically, of course, but up until that point I'd want the weakest players gone. That's not the same approach you'd take, I'm assuming?

Once upon a time, yes, but not anymore. I've just seen it fall apart too many times. The problem with keeping the strongest players in the game is two main things:

1. Individual immunity starts and now all of the strongest players are getting it every week.

2. EVERY PLAN MADE BEFORE THE MERGE GOES TO CRAP WHEN THE MERGE HAPPENS! Honestly it amazes me how people are constantly surprised when they get blindsided after the merge. Doesn't matter how much sense your plan makes and how everyone involved would be guaranteed to benefit from it, half of them will find a way to screw it up.

So you have the combination of no trust amongst alliances and the strongest players in every man for themselves mode. Bad strategy all around if you ask me.

IMO, while he's gone about it the wrong way which screwed it up at the end, Russel has set the strategy that should be emulated in this game. You start getting rid of your competition the second the game starts. They should be playing mind games on the helicopter ride in! Right now, both of those teams should be doing everything in their power to get rid of Rob and Russel. Instead, most of these chickens are sucking up and hoping to ride their coattails! Have they never watched the show? Haven't they seen both of these players in their interviews talking about how stupid everyone is for not voting them off? Hello???

Once upon a time, yes, but not anymore. I've just seen it fall apart too many times. The problem with keeping the strongest players in the game is two main things:

1. Individual immunity starts and now all of the strongest players are getting it every week.

2. EVERY PLAN MADE BEFORE THE MERGE GOES TO CRAP WHEN THE MERGE HAPPENS! Honestly it amazes me how people are constantly surprised when they get blindsided after the merge. Doesn't matter how much sense your plan makes and how everyone involved would be guaranteed to benefit from it, half of them will find a way to screw it up.

So you have the combination of no trust amongst alliances and the strongest players in every man for themselves mode. Bad strategy all around if you ask me.

IMO, while he's gone about it the wrong way which screwed it up at the end, Russel has set the strategy that should be emulated in this game. You start getting rid of your competition the second the game starts. They should be playing mind games on the helicopter ride in! Right now, both of those teams should be doing everything in their power to get rid of Rob and Russel. Instead, most of these chickens are sucking up and hoping to ride their coattails! Have they never watched the show? Haven't they seen both of these players in their interviews talking about how stupid everyone is for not voting them off? Hello???

I see what you're saying...makes sense. And I agree about Russell. He's been the most dominant player in Survivor history. The guy just wreaks havoc behind the scenes, keeps one MAIN alliance with one other person, creates and dissolves other small alliances week to week depending on which way the wind is blowing, and pretty much ends up getting people to do exactly what he wants. If he could have found a way to do some damage control in terms of his social game, he would have won at least one of those two seasons. Although I still put a lot of blame on the juries, because the name of the game is outwit, outplay, outlast....or something like that....and Russell did that better than anyone. I recognize that the social game comes into play, but when it comes down to to who was the sole SURVIVOR, the choice was easy. Unfortunately the jury was butt hurt, though, and they decided to dishonor the game by giving the million to two undeserving coattail riders. I think Russell will end up getting voted out very soon, BUT, that's why I discussed my theory on how Redemption Island could theoretically become an advantage. One way or another Russell will figure into the outcome of this season...

And it has nothing to do with the wife saying " how can she take care of her hair?" Lame, pussafication of America. Actors sitting on a beach pretending to be in a survival setting.

'

Jimbo, are you too cool for school brother?

I don't know what that means.

Just seems like you're always taking a big crap on some of the "pop culture" type stuff that people talk about.

Just seems like you're always taking a big crap on some of the "pop culture" type stuff that people talk about.

Look at the recent topics that this unknown douche has started:

Whole Wheat bread

Glen Beck has lost it.

Do we really care if the Muslims take over Egypt?

Any one use MSG in food?

have a cheap laugh at his expense :lol:

then just ignore and feel pity. ;)

I'm not sure if I like the Redemption Island twist, it reminds me to much of when Lil :sick: got voted out, then came back in and robbed Fairplay of his most deserved win. :thumbdown: Always good to see Russell around though. :thumbsup:

Look at the recent topics that this unknown douche has started:

Whole Wheat bread

Glen Beck has lost it.

Do we really care if the Muslims take over Egypt?

Any one use MSG in food?

have a cheap laugh at his expense :lol:

then just ignore and feel pity. ;)

I'm not sure if I like the Redemption Island twist, it reminds me to much of when Lil :sick: got voted out, then came back in and robbed Fairplay of his most deserved win. :thumbdown: Always good to see Russell around though. :thumbsup:

Fairplay...I'm still pissed at that guy for his lame showing when he came back to play Survivor the second time. But still, gotta love the guy lol.

I agree about Russell...gotta figure he'll get booted out pretty quick, but who knows. If he makes it to the finals again, I don't know how anyone could ever argue he wasn't the greatest ever. :thumbsup:

I agree about Russell...gotta figure he'll get booted out pretty quick, but who knows. If he makes it to the finals again, I don't know how anyone could ever argue he wasn't the greatest ever. :thumbsup:

I would agree about Russell getting booted soon. But there will be people in his tribe that realize if they keep with him to the finals, they have a better chance of winning it all, based on his previous finishes.

I love seeing him around too, but honestly Survivor is king of cheap rating tricks. Seriously, how long are they going to keep milking Russel and Rob? :D

I think it's more about Russell than Rob... and as long as Russell keeps lasting to the end, they'll keep bringing him back, he's gold.

Fairplay...I'm still pissed at that guy for his lame showing when he came back to play Survivor the second time. But still, gotta love the guy lol.

Very, very entertaining... but still not the greatest. :D

So true...these people think they are outsmarting everyone else, when the fact of the matter is that they are digging their own graves. I thought it was brilliant when Rob made the offer of safety if she gave him the idol...that was the equivalent of getting a free shot downfield after you know the defense jumped offsides. No risk, all reward. But for fux sake, anyone who watches these shows where your peers vote you off knows damn well that you NEVER make an aggressive play right off the bat. You gotta chill out and let the game develop a bit. She was smart enough to be only the 2nd person to find an immunity idol without as much as a single clue, but as Dante pointed out, her need to blab about it and show it off was just plain idiotic! It's like playing poker and getting excited about being dealt a strong pocket pair, and then feeling the need to tell your opponents about the hand while it's still in play...stupid!! :wallbash:

Oh well...lol...at least it appears there are some folks on here this season that will make things interesting. I'm curious to see how redemption island plays out.

If you get a strong pocket pair you would tell me in the Two Bills Texas Hold-em tournament wouldn't you?

If you get a strong pocket pair you would tell me in the Two Bills Texas Hold-em tournament wouldn't you?

lol, of COURSE I would :D

I think it's more about Russell than Rob... and as long as Russell keeps lasting to the end, they'll keep bringing him back, he's gold.

Very, very entertaining... but still not the greatest. :D

Okay, I'll bite...who's the greatest? lol

Sandra? :sick:

Edited by ajzepp

lol, of COURSE I would :D

Okay, I'll bite...who's the greatest? lol

Sandra? :sick:

Absolutely, she is 2-0!

Oh yeah, OT but I went to a Jericho book signing yesterday at the library downtown. I got there late, he gave a 20-minute Q&A session to a full room on the 3rd floor... I was in an overflow room on the 2nd floor watching it on closed circuit, but got down to the 1st floor where he was signing ahead of most everyone else... in & out in a half-hour! He is pretty cool!

Absolutely, she is 2-0!

Oh yeah, OT but I went to a Jericho book signing yesterday at the library downtown. I got there late, he gave a 20-minute Q&A session to a full room on the 3rd floor... I was in an overflow room on the 2nd floor watching it on closed circuit, but got down to the 1st floor where he was signing ahead of most everyone else... in & out in a half-hour! He is pretty cool!

Wait, you're not serious about Sandra are you? :ph34r: lol

That's funny you mention Jericho...I had seen a review of his book recently, so I decided to order the first one he wrote about ten years ago. It should be showing up next week (from Amazon), so looking forward to reading it. I love reading the accounts of these guys who had associations with some of the guys I grew up watching, but who also are still relevant today. It's truly a fascinating business, and I can't wait to read bot of his books in the coming weeks. Have you read the first one? If so, what did you think?

Wait, you're not serious about Sandra are you? :ph34r: lol

That's funny you mention Jericho...I had seen a review of his book recently, so I decided to order the first one he wrote about ten years ago. It should be showing up next week (from Amazon), so looking forward to reading it. I love reading the accounts of these guys who had associations with some of the guys I grew up watching, but who also are still relevant today. It's truly a fascinating business, and I can't wait to read bot of his books in the coming weeks. Have you read the first one? If so, what did you think?

No, I haven't. I heard it was very good though. As I understand it, that one stops at the end of his WCW run, and the new one covers his WWF run, which is more interesting to me.... I hear that he is pretty frank about Benoit. I've only gone through the first 3 chapters, good stuff. And I agree, I'm not really a fan of the matches, moreso the promos, and the business is indeed fascinating to me.

No, I haven't. I heard it was very good though. As I understand it, that one stops at the end of his WCW run, and the new one covers his WWF run, which is more interesting to me.... I hear that he is pretty frank about Benoit. I've only gone through the first 3 chapters, good stuff. And I agree, I'm not really a fan of the matches, moreso the promos, and the business is indeed fascinating to me.

Exactly. Growing up, the matches were important. As adults, the fun for a lot of us is in how the business is run, the psychology behind getting a character over, etc. I have my DVR set to record Raw each week now, but I usually get through all two hours in about twenty mins. I was really glad I had it set to record last week, cause I was majorly geeking out to the Rock. I remember when that kid came into the WWF as Rocky Maivea (sp?), and to see him evolve into a worldwide superstar was a pretty cool thing. Same with Stone Cold. Here's a guy who was in WCW and ECW, had decent runs, but Vince turned the guy into a household name and the biggest draw in the industry. Next to being sole owner of the Buffalo Bills or one of the Backstreet Boys (that one was for you, Jim!), one of my dream jobs would be to work in character development for WWE.

Absolutely, she is 2-0!

Gotta disagree Rico. I'd say Parvati is probably the best survivor ever (not to mention one of the hottest). Yes she used her looks, but she was also really intelligent and knew how to play people as well as performing pretty damn good in the challenges. She was never afraid to make the big move when necessary, and it usually paid off. Probably the best social player in the game.

Also, if you guys remember Jonathan Penner (he was on the season where they split by race, and then again on fans vs favorites), he was in the 90s movie Down Periscope.