Survivor: Redemption Island

ajzepp

The more I think about it, the more disgusted it makes me. Those 3 girls, who have done NOTHING the whole game but absolutely bow down to Rob (to the point of demeaning themselves) could have taken over the game and gone to the last 3. Blindside Rob and you have the numbers over the two pairs left over. Take out Grant as soon as possible and get rid of the other 3 the rest of the time. But not only did they not take that opportunity (or, according to the footage shown, even CONSIDER IT), they ran to Rob, curtsied, and told him all about it. :wallbash: This has to be the worst season I've watched.

True, they legitimately could have taken over the game. It's a shame that women like Parvati are so rare on this show. That chick can strategize and manipulate like the best of em. Too often you have these coattail-riding females who do absolutely nothing but "serve their master". Then they get butt hurt when they're booted out, feeling betrayed, and they end up voting for someone non-deserving because of it. It takes away from the game, IMO. And I don't mean this to sound sexist, cause there are guy who do this too. But they like to cast really hot, sexy girls on here and I think a lot of them are more concerned with being as comfortable as possible than they are winning a million bucks. We need more Parvatis!!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, they legitimately could have taken over the game. It's a shame that women like Parvati are so rare on this show. That chick can strategize and manipulate like the best of em. Too often you have these coattail-riding females who do absolutely nothing but "serve their master". Then they get butt hurt when they're booted out, feeling betrayed, and they end up voting for someone non-deserving because of it. It takes away from the game, IMO. And I don't mean this to sound sexist, cause there are guy who do this too. But they like to cast really hot, sexy girls on here and I think a lot of them are more concerned with being as comfortable as possible than they are winning a million bucks. We need more Parvatis!!

That is sexist, but it's also generally been the truth over 22 series.

Men and women have very different social behavior patterns. But over all that time, you would think there'd be more like Parvati, given the feminine proclivity for passive-aggressiveness and the masculine inability to decode much beyond than the obvious when it comes to women.

That is sexist, but it's also generally been the truth over 22 series.

Men and women have very different social behavior patterns. But over all that time, you would think there'd be more like Parvati, given the feminine proclivity for passive-aggressiveness and the masculine inability to decode much beyond than the obvious when it comes to women.

I know it's been mentioned in this thread already, but that little spitfire who was in Russell's alliance sure had some potential to be Parvati-ish. I don't think she was nearly as smart as Parv was, but she was all about playing the game and making some moves. Too bad she didn't get more of a chance to actually make them.

Another thing, the Redemption Island clustering also has effects on jury communication. They are not sequestered at Ponderosa (and, as an aside, in the latest video from the ranch, man-face Julie takes a little too much joy in brushing her teeth) so there is ample time to discuss and form jury alliances, critique what they see and hear at tribal council, and they may be thinking more clearly with full bellies and a comfortable bed --> good sleep that really does affect the decision-making process. It can change you. Sure, they have nothing to win other than possible revenge/spite, but they will determine the outcome based on who they liked, who did them favors or backstabbed, (or, in Rob's lingo --- frontstabbed :lol: ) them, who they think played the game best, etc.

By this time w/o Redemption, there would be what, six people on the jury? Right now, there's two. Now, they can still talk on Redemption, but they're still playing the game there. I actually would be in favor of sequestering b/c it's kind of unfair for the jury to have that pre-vote interaction, but barring that, keeping more people on Redemption isn't a bad alternative. I really hope they keep this game-twist in the future.

Rob: 'I've got an alliance with Grant, with Natalie, and with Andrea. All these guys have to do is talk to each other. But they don't.'

The requisite family contact episode has Mike electing to reward the people who front-stabbed him and his Purple tribe, and for all his Jesus-speak, he's very much looking forward and trying to buy some favor among Yellow members who will become jury members... with the hope/expectation that he'll be the returning player from Redemption. Right now, it makes the most sense to me, from a 'keep interest/drama alive' standpoint, to reintroduce the RI winner as the 4th remaining player. That would ensure that no one could use a hidden idol anymore, that the Yellow alliance would be pretty much shattered, and to dangle the possibility that this Purple player could win immunity or two and then have a Purple-dominated jury, along with butt-sore Yellows. Still, Mike's move didn't seem to rub Ralph or Steve the right way.

Steve got his final reward... and it just didn't look like he even tried on the challenge. Like they said, he's lost ~ 40 pounds, and he was just ready to go to Pondarosa.

Phillip had better hope for his "upper body strength" / "elder statesman of the tribe" type of immunity challenge to come next week. He's gotta sense that his time might be coming, and Rob's spidey-sense is going off that Phillip has something in the works.

At some point during one of these seasons doesn't a group of women have to team up and just take charge? It would sure make sense.

That already happened a couple times. The most memorable is when the young kid, don't remember his name or the season, was tricked at by the remaining women into giving up his immunity at tribal counsel and then promptly voted off. Other than James leaving with 2 immunity idols, arguably to dumbest move ever...

Edited by ricojes

Robfather is a warrior! Final 5, can he pull of the greatest win in Survivor history? I think he needs to get thru the next round (maybe using the Idol if need be) & then win immunity again at Final 4. I do have new hope for him at the Final Tribal, having read an article that Steve greatly admires his game. :thumbsup:

Robfather is a warrior! Final 5, can he pull of the greatest win in Survivor history? I think he needs to get thru the next round (maybe using the Idol if need be) & then win immunity again at Final 4. I do have new hope for him at the Final Tribal, having read an article that Steve greatly admires his game. :thumbsup:

I think it's definitely his game to lose at this point...nobody else is even on his level right now. Phillip seems to indicate that he's got a strategy in mind when it comes to his actions, but not sure he's really executing it as well as he thinks. But yeah, I think Rob will win the whole thing this time around :thumbsup:

I think it's definitely his game to lose at this point...nobody else is even on his level right now. Phillip seems to indicate that he's got a strategy in mind when it comes to his actions, but not sure he's really executing it as well as he thinks. But yeah, I think Rob will win the whole thing this time around :thumbsup:

I don't do Twitter, but I have read that Probst tweeted there that Robfather is playing the best game ever right now, hard not to agree.

I don't do Twitter, but I have read that Probst tweeted there that Robfather is playing the best game ever right now, hard not to agree.

He's definitely got himself into an amazingly strong position. I don't remember anyone ever having THIS much cushion at this point in the season. He doesn't really have anyone gunning for him at all, especially since Phillip is pretty much relying on Rob being there in the finals against him so he can give his "speech". The girls just seem happy to be playing the game, and Grant hasn't made any aggressive moves against Rob as of yet either. It's almost like that first season when J.D. (or whatever his name was) literally went from start to finish without anyone really gunning for the guy. It was almost like they just gave him the million bucks, and that's not far off of what's going down this season. That's cool with me, though....rob is as deserving as anyone else to win it all.

He's definitely got himself into an amazingly strong position. I don't remember anyone ever having THIS much cushion at this point in the season. He doesn't really have anyone gunning for him at all, especially since Phillip is pretty much relying on Rob being there in the finals against him so he can give his "speech". The girls just seem happy to be playing the game, and Grant hasn't made any aggressive moves against Rob as of yet either. It's almost like that first season when J.D. (or whatever his name was) literally went from start to finish without anyone really gunning for the guy. It was almost like they just gave him the million bucks, and that's not far off of what's going down this season. That's cool with me, though....rob is as deserving as anyone else to win it all.

You know, some people might say that Rob had an unfair advantage going in. I did, to a degree (the all-stars also had huge targets on their backs, as Russell found out). But after seeing Rob win the challenge like he did last week... wow, he wants this bad. Back when I ran track, stadium steps at the old UConn football field on-campus were known as suicides. They just kill everything in your legs --- quads, hamstrings, shins (I had shin-splint issues previously), calves, hips. I thought Grant, as a former NFLer, would've done better on that, to be honest. But yeah, Rob pushed himself hard on that, to the point of collapse. Probst was really concerned there; and almost missed catching a swaying Rob while he was looking off-camera for a second.

Edited by UConn James

You know, some people might say that Rob had an unfair advantage going in. I did, to a degree (the all-stars also had huge targets on their backs, as Russell found out). But after seeing Rob win the challenge like he did last week... wow, he wants this bad. Back when I ran track, stadium steps at the old UConn football field on-campus were known as suicides. They just kill everything in your legs --- quads, hamstrings, shins (I had shin-splint issues previously), calves, hips. I thought Grant, as a former NFLer, would've done better on that, to be honest. But yeah, Rob pushed himself hard on that, to the point of collapse. Probst was really concerned there; and almost missed catching a swaying Rob while he was looking off-camera for a second.

I agree, man...and that's another reason why I respect the heck out of Rob. Even though he's in really good shape heading into the home stretch, the guy is still busting his ass on these immunity challenges and giving it all he's got. I thought for sure Rob was going to fall over, too lol. That was a KILLER challenge!

Per the preview, it looks like there's going to be a lot of stuff going down this week as they're now in the nitty-gritty. Andrea had been a no-brainer, given her questionable loyalty with her link with Matt (although she was the deciding vote in sending him to RI the second time), and no strong mini-alliance / "buddy system." Remember going into this week that Rob's list now probably has Ashley at the top (or perhaps, finally, Phillip) with her not telling him about Ralph's & Steve's offer. As ever, it's all going to depend on who wins the individual immunity. Also, is this the last week for Rob to use his hidden idol, or is it next week?

Per the preview, it looks like there's going to be a lot of stuff going down this week as they're now in the nitty-gritty. Andrea had been a no-brainer, given her questionable loyalty with her link with Matt (although she was the deciding vote in sending him to RI the second time), and no strong mini-alliance / "buddy system." Remember going into this week that Rob's list now probably has Ashley at the top (or perhaps, finally, Phillip) with her not telling him about Ralph's & Steve's offer. As ever, it's all going to depend on who wins the individual immunity. Also, is this the last week for Rob to use his hidden idol, or is it next week?

Yeah, he can't use it to make the Final Tribal of 3, last chance is to make the Final 4.

I haven't seen the schedule, but usually this Wednesday's show would get to Final 4, then the finale this Sunday,,, I'm not sure if that's the case this time though with the Redemption Island twist.

Yeah, he can't use it to make the Final Tribal of 3, last chance is to make the Final 4.

I haven't seen the schedule, but usually this Wednesday's show would get to Final 4, then the finale this Sunday,,, I'm not sure if that's the case this time though with the Redemption Island twist.

Yep, looks like Sunday is the finale.

I was getting a bandage changed from a dog attack yesterday. I figured that was more important than a reality show....

Only caught the last 10 minutes, so I'm going to be watching on cbs.com when I get a chance. Sorry to see Grant go to RI; he was a strong competitor, but in this game, these final few immunity challenges are the most crucial. Rob did not use his hidden idol tonight, so the next hour on Sunday night will evidently be his last chance. I think there's a good chance he doesn't use it, to avoid pissing off jury members. Question: if he doesn't use it, does he get to keep it?

I was getting a bandage changed from a dog attack yesterday. I figured that was more important than a reality show....

Only caught the last 10 minutes, so I'm going to be watching on cbs.com when I get a chance. Sorry to see Grant go to RI; he was a strong competitor, but in this game, these final few immunity challenges are the most crucial. Rob did not use his hidden idol tonight, so the next hour on Sunday night will evidently be his last chance. I think there's a good chance he doesn't use it, to avoid pissing off jury members. Question: if he doesn't use it, does he get to keep it?

Maybe auction it off on Ebay for charity.

Can someone explain why he'd keep Natalie and vote off Grant...? I can't for the life of me figure out why that's a good idea... :unsure: