Survivor: Redemption Island

ajzepp

As much as I want Rob to win it all, I find myself really looking forward to the show each week primarily to see what Phillip's crazy ass will do or say lol

The preview also has Rob saying that he's getting "idol paranoia." I think it may finally be burning a hole in his pocket. The longer he holds onto it secretly in this new camp among all the people who will be voting in the finale, the more it'll bite him in the ass if he makes it that far. It will be seen as an act of selfishness / betrayal (even tho this game is ultimately mostly about those two qualities) that will not be looked at kindly when that knowledge would have affected those players' choices.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We knew two former purples would be going to Redemption. Turns out it's arguably their two strongest --- Mike and Dave. Rob seemed particularly interested in sending someone strong who could beat Matt. That's not a ghost he wants to have to face again at an inopportune time. Mike just may be the guy. Come to find that the machinations of Redemption will no doubt be a three-person face-off next week.

The first immunity challenge was pretty straightforward. That second one really played into what I've written before. Men tend to be good at handling pain in shorter spurts, women can better handle long, drawn-out pain. Any wonder that the final three hanging by their legs were Andrea, Natalie and Ashley?

So now, it's probably going to be a short game of attrition for the remaining purple members Steve, Ralph and Leathermanface. They might buy a little time with an immunity win, but Probst might as well write SHORT on their foreheads.

AJ, if you watch mostly to see what kind of crazy **** Phillip is going to say, well, it looks like you got your fill this week. Seriously, this is one crazy cat. But wait. Owing to the preview, that might be a racist statement. Whoops. Seeing his grandfather during meditation, wearing a footlong feather that appeared "out of thin air" in front of him... that's so far from crazy, that it repelled from the curve of the C, and circled back and landed smack dab into the obtuse angle of the Y. Nonetheless, it appears that Phillip, if he plays his cards right, has a very good chance of getting into the top four. Now, the rest of this kind of assumes that Rob keeps his grip on power. Ashley got on the wrong side of Rob by not telling him what Ralph said, when Natalie did. She's probably the first gone among the former yellows. Andrea had the link with Matt --- tho she did vote him off last week --- which represents some danger. I think Grant may go before Phillip simply for his strength in challenges. But, there's always that plan of Phillip's --- I think he may have designs that once the purples are gone, the following week Rob will be most at risk and that's where his secret idol comes in.

I really think Phillip's strategy in taking the hamburger may have been that he half expected there to be a hidden idol clue up there, as happened at that reward where he caught Rob and Grant. Like Rob said, Ralph used his last week, so it would seem like there should be another one coming into play. Maybe it's in the new camp and there just isn't a clue? Maybe there won't be a new one until both of the ones from the two-tribes time are used?

The preview also has Rob saying that he's getting "idol paranoia." I think it may finally be burning a hole in his pocket. The longer he holds onto it secretly in this new camp among all the people who will be voting in the finale, the more it'll bite him in the ass if he makes it that far. It will be seen as an act of selfishness / betrayal (even tho this game is ultimately mostly about those two qualities) that will not be looked at kindly when that knowledge would have affected those players' choices.

Good point...that will be an interesting dynamic for sure. He could gain some leverage by taking the position that he had no way to be certain he wouldn't be targeted by his own team just like what happened to Russell....and he needed to keep the idol until the other gained his trust. That's what I'd do, anyway.

Tonight was an entertaining show, but I was hoping we'd see the three-way contest on Redemption Island. I was laughing when Ralph was wandering around complaining that he had no idea how to play the game since they were being shut-out by Rob's tribe. NO SHIIT, RALPH!!! THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T THROW CHALLENGES AND COMPLETELY IGNORE YOUR END GAME DUMBASS!! lol It was obvious long ago what would happen after the merge, and that's exactly what's going down...one by one, the Zapatera folks are being picked off without any trouble whatsoever. Rob has a stronger hold on his tribe than just about anyone in the history of this game, and he's able to do a lot of it right out in the open with full cooperation lol. Grant seems to be wavering a tad, but won't matter. Rob has a strong alliance with three of the five Ometepes, so he can afford if one of them breaks off from the group.

The "Buddy System"....LMFAO!!!

Robfather in complete control. :worthy:

If they ever rebooted the Godfather series, sign him up for the lead.:D

He's absolutely DOMINATING! To have such control over your tribe that not ONE of them is even willing to talk game with the opposing tribe??? That's unprecedented! :lol:

AJ, if you watch mostly to see what kind of crazy **** Phillip is going to say, well, it looks like you got your fill this week. Seriously, this is one crazy cat.

:lol: This guy is GOLD for this show lol...and I love how he's sort of indicating that he's positioning himself in the game to win it all. His solo interviews are very revealing....he's no dummy this guy!

Rob is in such a good position...he still has a bond with Grant, but then he's got Phillip ready to step in as his #1, plus two of the three girls are loyal to him. This guy has some serious buffers in place to protect him....PLUS he's got the idol lol. If Rob doesn't pull out the win, it will mean that some MAJOR back stabbing went down

I have a feeling that next week's RI 3-way battle will eliminate 2 and the 3rd will return to the game and that will be the end of RI. If I'm right we should also get our 1st jury member next week.

Tonight was an entertaining show, but I was hoping we'd see the three-way contest on Redemption Island. I was laughing when Ralph was wandering around complaining that he had no idea how to play the game since they were being shut-out by Rob's tribe. NO SHIIT, RALPH!!! THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T THROW CHALLENGES AND COMPLETELY IGNORE YOUR END GAME DUMBASS!! lol It was

Gotta disagree with you Zepp. Throwing the challenge to get rid of Russeel didn't put them in this position. That was still a smart move. Continued losing and not having the numbers put them in this position. If Zapatera had won 1 mroe challenge and gone in with the numbers 6 to 5, Rob's alliance wouldn't be nearly as strong. Grant would have been the first one voted off. Zapatera was just as strong as Ometepe going into the merge, they simply didn;t have the numbers.

I'm pulling for Rob, but he's gotta be very careful. He should be aiming for himself, Philip and Grant to be at the final 3 for the jury votes. Taking any of those dimwits to the final 3 with him is a recipe for disaster and is asking for 1 of them to get the votes. Alternatively, if he wants to take one of dumb, sumber, or dumbest to the final 3, he'd better take 2 of them and hope the others split their million dollar votes amongst the 2, giving him the best shot to win.

Natalie had no problem hanging in the immunity challenge last night because she's used to hanging from the pole with her legs.

Rob also made a smart play to send both Mike and David to RI, because he's sent strength and brains to go up against matt. Those votes were made for the sole purpose of getting rid of Matt.

Gotta disagree with you Zepp. Throwing the challenge to get rid of Russeel didn't put them in this position. That was still a smart move. Continued losing and not having the numbers put them in this position. If Zapatera had won 1 mroe challenge and gone in with the numbers 6 to 5, Rob's alliance wouldn't be nearly as strong.

Well, technically we're not disagreeing...getting rid of Russell by throwing the challenge reduced their numbers by 1 AND it also made them weaker. Russell is an animal at competitions, and having him around very likely would have resulted in at least one additional win. Russell would have wreaked absolute havoc once the merge hit, but that woudl have been favorable to what's going on with them currently, you know?

Well, I think Phillip is going to come back and have to start calling a lot of people racists for calling him crazy.

Like many relationship issues, this all emanated from a small germ --- rice, in fact --- of miscommunication and the lack of communication. I sure as hell wouldn't want to mix good rice with questionable rice. I don't give a **** whether Ometepe members picked through that rice grain by grain, which they didn't. If the fungus/rot spreads, then all the rice is bad. Philip's own words: 'It's going bad on the blanket as we speak.' That was the time for Steve to say, "If it's going bad, then we're not putting it in with the good." That's not a chance you can take in a food scarcity situation. This was not Steve's argument, tho, at least from what was shown on camera; he said to wait until Ralph got back, then had the audacity to call Phillip crazy when Phillip was acting crazy and just wouldn't let it go. No one proposed to store the questionable rice in the cooking pots when they weren't being used. This could have been a practical argument, based in rationality, and it wasn't. Phillip claimed rationality, and well, I suppose he might have been if he had stopped at proposing to blend bad rice with good.... but he was also dead wrong. Then he took the "crazy" comment to its extreme and then injected the N word into it. Phillip's example of the WNY shopkeeper calling his father "boy" in 1968 is one thing --- clear racial disrespect that's meant to provoke. A grown man with a son is not a "boy." Steve's assessment isn't far off of the general consensus of Survivor watchers, and was a subjective and evidence-based valuation.

Steve was in just about the most :blink: situation one can face.... Where everyone else doesn't want to call a spade a spade (e.g. Natalie: 'Well, I'm not a black man, so I couldn't say') lest they bring the spotlight on themselves. No one in an elimination game wants to do that. And the dude who's being called a racist now has to defend himself, usually with something like, "I have many black friends!' Nothing really settles once you're called a racist; it's like a fart waft that lingers around. Trying to prove a negative (in this case, that you aren't a racist) is an uphill climb.

I can't say that I blame Steve here. It was a lack of communication, but against a person like Phillip, there's not much that arguing is going to do.

Meanwhile, Rob again showed his puzzle prowess. Redemption's rules have changed with a triumvirate of competitors and eliminating one of the three each week, presumably until two are eliminated and the winner is merged back. Rob's gotta want to get rid of Matt and Mike in the worst way.

Out of this week, tho, you have to think Rob might now be considering bringing Phillip to the final two. Phil just burned a lot of bridges tonight. He's unpopular among the remnants of Yellow, and he's now despised among the remnants of Purple. What's his angle? Maybe this is Phillip's strategy where he can get to the final three with Rob, then pick off Rob and hope that the third person becomes unpopular and this crazy episode is set aside.

Robfather gets a fairly low profile edit this week... until he wins immunity. :thumbsup: The Puppet Master is on quite a roll!

Rob is the beneficiary of the moron tribe's decision to get rid of Russell. It would have been EPIC if we had Russell and his minions vs Rob and his minions once the merge hit. But since that's not the case, and since Rob has a solid degree of loyalty among his tribe mates, he can just sit back and watch the morons get voted off one by one. That being said, Rob would be stupid to even think about getting rid of Phillip right now. Phillip is like Rob's THIRD layer of buffer, and he needs to keep as many layers for as long as possible. There is quite literally nothing the morons can do...the next two weeks will be Steve and Ralph getting sent to Redemption...I just don't see either of them winning immunity and Rob's tribe seems quite content to just stick with the plan until the moron tribe is no more.

Why did they vote off the man-face woman? I didn't get that vote. Thoughts?

My thougt is it was because she was the one that took his shorts.

If I was Steve or Ralph, I would seriously consider packing up my stuff and moving out of camp. There's no good reason to stay there at this point. Let the producers and camermen tell them when to show up for the immunity challenges.

Rob is the beneficiary of the moron tribe's decision to get rid of Russell. It would have been EPIC if we had Russell and his minions vs Rob and his minions once the merge hit. But since that's not the case, and since Rob has a solid degree of loyalty among his tribe mates, he can just sit back and watch the morons get voted off one by one. That being said, Rob would be stupid to even think about getting rid of Phillip right now. Phillip is like Rob's THIRD layer of buffer, and he needs to keep as many layers for as long as possible. There is quite literally nothing the morons can do...the next two weeks will be Steve and Ralph getting sent to Redemption...I just don't see either of them winning immunity and Rob's tribe seems quite content to just stick with the plan until the moron tribe is no more.

Wouldn't that have been nice? Rob and his hotties plus Philip vs Russel and Stephanie. Something about that girl I liked. It was like she had the touch of evil that made her a perfect little "minion" as you say. Now it just seems a mis match. I think the biggest thing Rob has to worry about is Matt coming back and making it to the final 3. If that happens he will hard to beat.

Wouldn't that have been nice? Rob and his hotties plus Philip vs Russel and Stephanie. Something about that girl I liked. It was like she had the touch of evil that made her a perfect little "minion" as you say. Now it just seems a mis match. I think the biggest thing Rob has to worry about is Matt coming back and making it to the final 3. If that happens he will hard to beat.

Exactly...Rob is in such a good position right now, if not for Phillips antics this would be getting really boring. Would have been such a nice game of chess between Rob and Russell...each one of them trying to maintain loyalties while at the same time creating new ones...playing mind games with the less-cerebral survivors...going head to head in the competitions...oh, what COULD have been :(

My thougt is it was because she was the one that took his shorts.

If I was Steve or Ralph, I would seriously consider packing up my stuff and moving out of camp. There's no good reason to stay there at this point. Let the producers and camermen tell them when to show up for the immunity challenges.

Voluntary, self-imposed exile to Redemption Island?

It was obvious that Probst was coached on how to carefully handle the situation. Why did they vote off the man-face woman? I didn't get that vote. Thoughts?

I'm not sure either...I remember Rob saying something like, "I don't know that it even matters which one we send home this time"...but you'd think he would send Steve if he wanted the best chance at knocking Matt into the jury. Ralph is dumb as a box of rocks, so he probably wouldn't be much threat to Matt

EPIC would've been Rob vs Russell on Redemption Island... only thing that would've saved that crappy angle for me. If I was Rob, Phillip would be going to the end with me. I would deinitely get rid of the rest of the idiot tribe first. After they're gone, I think he needs to go on an Immunity winning streak, cause things are going to get dicey as all hell.

EPIC would've been Rob vs Russell on Redemption Island... only thing that would've saved that crappy angle for me. If I was Rob, Phillip would be going to the end with me. I would deinitely get rid of the rest of the idiot tribe first. After they're gone, I think he needs to go on an Immunity winning streak, cause things are going to get dicey as all hell.

I think that final three may be what he's saving the immunity idol for.

I think that final three may be what he's saving the immunity idol for.

He has to use it before then.... last time to play it is at Final 4 or 5, can't make the Final Tribal with it. Edited by Rico

He has to use it before then.... last time to play it is at Final 4 or 5, can't make the Final Tribal with it.

I don't think he'll pull it out unless he absolutely has to. If he pulls it out (no pun intended) it'll piss off all the people that didn't know he had it but will feel they should have known.

Rob said it himself last night, he has to figure out who to make public enemy number 2. Taking Philip with him to the finals is a no brained but he can't look like he chose Pholip over some of his other loyal soldiers without risking losing jury votes ... If he takes Philip over grant or Natalie it will look really bad to the rest of his tribe because it will be such a transparent attempt to win jury votes.

He needs to find someone else for people to hate so they forget about Philip for a bit ...

Edited by tgreg99

Rob said it himself last night, he has to figure out who to make public enemy number 2. Taking Philip with him to the finals is a no brained but he can't look like he chose Pholip over some of his other loyal soldiers without risking losing jury votes ... If he takes Philip over grant or Natalie it will look really bad to the rest of his tribe because it will be such a transparent attempt to win jury votes.

He needs to find someone else for people to hate so they forget about Philip for a bit ...

My prediction: As soon as the last 2 members of the enemy tribe are gone (next 2 weeks) Grant, Phil and Rob's hotties will then vote off Rob.