Nobel Prize vs. Suicide Vest

3rdnlng

Yep a lot of bad Muslims out there but lets look at the American Christian record

Just the highlights:

Waged a genocidal campaign against the indigenous population and broke almost every treaty made with them.

Enslaved millions of Africans (and probably killed an equal number in the transatlantic voyage) and their descendants and suppressed them for about a hundred years after giving them their freedom.

Killed close to a million Filipinos.

overthrew governments in South America for the benefit of American corporations

Threw Japanese Americans into internment camps- and almost systematically stole their property while they were interned.

infected 700 unknowing Guatemalans with syphilis for std research

overthrew the democratically elected government of Iran and installed the Shaw

School of the Americas

encouraged and supported Iraqi war of aggression against Iran including chemical weapons

shot down Iranian airliner in Iranian air space killing 290, never apologized

killed 600,000 Iraqis and displaced 2 million more,

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, apologized more than once.

killed 600,000 Iraqis

Even if that's what the paper claimed (it's not), the original authors of the paper that claimed that don't even agree with it anymore.

Actually, apologized more than once.

Even if that's what the paper claimed (it's not), the original authors of the paper that claimed that don't even agree with it anymore.

from wiki

The U.S. government issued notes of regret for the loss of innocent human life. The government never admitted wrongdoing, and did not accept responsibility nor submit an apology to the Iranian government.[7]

In February 1996 the United States agreed to pay Iran US$131.8 million in settlement to discontinue a case brought by Iran in 1989 against the U.S. in the International Court of Justice relating to this incident,[26] together with other earlier claims before the Iran-United States Claims Tribunal.[6] US$61.8 million of the claim was in compensation for the 248 Iranians killed in the shootdown ($300,000 per wage-earning victim, $150,000 per non-wage-earner). It was not disclosed how the remaining $70 million of the settlement was apportioned. Further compensation was paid for the 38 non-Iranian deaths. The payment of compensation was explicitly characterized by the US as being on an ex gratia basis, and the U.S. denied having any responsibility or liability for what happened.

and so Tom do you have the definitive number of Iraqis Killed I've seen estimates of 115,000 to a million plus - I thought the Lancet studies were pretty good- so unless you have links to a better less bias study I'll stick with that.

from wiki

The U.S. government issued notes of regret for the loss of innocent human life. The government never admitted wrongdoing, and did not accept responsibility nor submit an apology to the Iranian government.[7]

In February 1996 the United States agreed to pay Iran US$131.8 million in settlement to discontinue a case brought by Iran in 1989 against the U.S. in the International Court of Justice relating to this incident,[26] together with other earlier claims before the Iran-United States Claims Tribunal.[6] US$61.8 million of the claim was in compensation for the 248 Iranians killed in the shootdown ($300,000 per wage-earning victim, $150,000 per non-wage-earner). It was not disclosed how the remaining $70 million of the settlement was apportioned. Further compensation was paid for the 38 non-Iranian deaths. The payment of compensation was explicitly characterized by the US as being on an ex gratia basis, and the U.S. denied having any responsibility or liability for what happened.

and so Tom do you have the definitive number of Iraqis Killed I've seen estimates of 115,000 to a million plus - I thought the Lancet studies were pretty good- so unless you have links to a better less bias study I'll stick with that.

Wiki really?

No, you didn't. What you did do is try to distort what would appear as something I wrote. I guess that just shows that you can't argue or debate so you must resort to cheap distortions.

:lol: Oh man, cry me a river. Please, please cry for me.

Let me know what argument I was apparently trying to make (I don't see it) that is counter to your original post.

And yes, I did. It's a bad summary (in fact, it's downright terrible), but it's a summary nonetheless. The piece was about Jews, Muslims, and how the author of the piece loves Jews (at least in comparison to his feelings for Muslims).

Nobody here thinks you actually said "Jews Jews Muslims Muslims Muslims we love Jews" or whatever it was.

The Lancet studies were disputed in the Lancet itself. The original authors of the Lancet study no longer agree with their results. And the Lancet study itself never said that - you'd know if you read the study (assuming you're capable), and not just news headlines.

:lol: Oh man, cry me a river. Please, please cry for me.

Let me know what argument I was apparently trying to make (I don't see it) that is counter to your original post.

And yes, I did. It's a bad summary (in fact, it's downright terrible), but it's a summary nonetheless. The piece was about Jews, Muslims, and how the author of the piece loves Jews (at least in comparison to his feelings for Muslims).

Nobody here thinks you actually said "Jews Jews Muslims Muslims Muslims we love Jews" or whatever it was.

Listen, you manipulated words and put them in as a quote from me. You may think that nobody believes that but at some point in time that quote will be brought up. Regardless, it's just not a cool thing to do.

Let's have a grown-up conversation. Now what do you think of the statement by Benjamin Netanyahu that "If arabs put down their weapons today there would be no more violence. If the jews put down their weapons today there would be no more Israel". Do you agree? Also, what in the article do you specifically disagree with?

Yep a lot of bad Muslims out there but lets look at the American Christian record

Just the highlights:

Waged a genocidal campaign against the indigenous population and broke almost every treaty made with them.

Enslaved millions of Africans (and probably killed an equal number in the transatlantic voyage) and their descendants and suppressed them for about a hundred years after giving them their freedom.

Killed close to a million Filipinos.

overthrew governments in South America for the benefit of American corporations

Threw Japanese Americans into internment camps- and almost systematically stole their property while they were interned.

infected 700 unknowing Guatemalans with syphilis for std research

overthrew the democratically elected government of Iran and installed the Shaw

School of the Americas

encouraged and supported Iraqi war of aggression against Iran including chemical weapons

killed 600,000 Iraqis and displaced 2 million more,

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? The letter was penned by a Spaniard and compared jews to arabs. What does that have to do with Americans or christians? You must truly be a certified member of the blame America first crowd. You are an f'n libtard.

Edited by 3rdnlng

:lol: You really believe that?

While the author's name most likely was a pseudonym, yes I believe that the article compared arabs to jews. The salient factors are: 1. Are the comparisons accurate? 2. Why would the author feel it necessary to use a pseudonym? Maybe that would be more productive than spewing out "horseshit" or meaningless crap like above.

The Global Islamic population is approximately 1,200,000,000; that is ONE BILLION TWO HUNDRED MILLION or 20% of the world's population. They have received the following Nobel Prizes:

Literature:

1988 - Najib Mahfooz

Peace:

1978 - Mohamed Anwar El-Sadat

1990 - Elias James Corey

1994 - Yaser Arafat:

1999 - Ahmed Zewai

Economics:

(zero)

Physics:

(zero)

Medicine:

1960 - Peter Brian Medawar

1998 - Ferid Mourad

TOTAL: 7 SEVEN

Umm...You're list is wrong.

Didn't Obama win one?

I think the total should be 8.

While the author's name most likely was a pseudonym, yes I believe that the article compared arabs to jews. The salient factors are: 1. Are the comparisons accurate? 2. Why would the author feel it necessary to use a pseudonym? Maybe that would be more productive than spewing out "horseshit" or meaningless crap like above.

That's great. You get your information and world view from chain emails. :lol:

BTW..."horseshit" was the only response it deserved. There's a certain irony, no doubt lost on you, in the virtues of Jews over Muslims being extolled by a freakin' Spaniard. :lol:

That's great. You get your information and world view from chain emails. :lol:

BTW..."horseshit" was the only response it deserved. There's a certain irony, no doubt lost on you, in the virtues of Jews over Muslims being extolled by a freakin' Spaniard. :lol:

Does it really matter what the nationality of the writer is? What really matters are the two questions I asked you. Your responses are eerily similar to a pBill's or lybob response. Anyway, if you had to guess would you think the pseudonym saved the author's life?

As far as accuracy goes, what do you think of the comparisons that were made? Why?

Does it really matter what the nationality of the writer is? What really matters are the two questions I asked you. Your responses are eerily similar to a pBill's or lybob response. Anyway, if you had to guess would you think the pseudonym saved the author's life?

As far as accuracy goes, what do you think of the comparisons that were made? Why?

If you wrote an inflammatory email with cherry picked "facts" that basically claimed 20% of the world's population were terrible people and another race was better in every way, would you put your real name on it?

Edited by Joe Miner

Does it really matter what the nationality of the writer is? What really matters are the two questions I asked you. Your responses are eerily similar to a pBill's or lybob response.

Similar...not the same. Because they're idiots, but I actually know something.

Anyway, if you had to guess would you think the pseudonym saved the author's life?

I'm guessing not...because it wasn't written by a Spanish author for a newspaper. Islamic extremists are STILL going after a Dutch publisher for printing pictures of Mohammed...but this Spanish paper hasn't even received a threat? Really, you think this email you received is legit? :lol:

I already answered that: horseshit.

If you wrote an inflammatory email with cherry picked "facts" that basically claimed 20% of the world's population were terrible people and another race was better in every way, would you put your real name on it?

He'd gladly autograph copies at Borders.