Amidst the euphoria in Egypt

Buftex

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people actually deserve to be Bills fans and you are one of them.

Ooooh, that hurt. :wacko:

Have you ever read the Koran? Have you ever met a Muslim? Have you ever traveled outside whatever inbred hick podunk town you grew up in? Generalizations don't typically work in the real world, boy...

...generally speaking, that is.

Ooooh, that hurt. :wacko:

Have you ever read the Koran? Have you ever met a Muslim? Have you ever traveled outside whatever inbred hick podunk town you grew up in? Generalizations don't typically work in the real world, boy...

...generally speaking, that is.

Keep typing enlightened one. Reading the Koran is going to change what? History? It's going to somehow undue the events of the past 1000 years in the middle east regarding women?

Keep typing enlightened one. Reading the Koran is going to change what? History? It's going to somehow undue the events of the past 1000 years in the middle east regarding women?

Ah, therein lies the problem. You apparently get your history off the back of cereal boxes.

News flash, monkey-boy: for most of the past 1500 years, Islam has treated women more liberally than the Western world.

Ah, therein lies the problem. You apparently get your history off the back of cereal boxes.

News flash, monkey-boy: for most of the past 1500 years, Islam has treated women more liberally than the Western world.

Wrong. And, irrelevant I'm sorry I even went there. I don't even care about the Koran or religion. It's the region period...there are a million reasons people are the way they are over there. The macro-culture has massive room for improvement. Sorry you beat your wife.

Also I love how, just like every other idiot like yourself, you say nothing. You start talking about he Koran and things off the wall. The issue is simple. What is your stance? Are you seriously sitting there arguing over the course of 3 pages to reject the idea there's problems over there with this. This was just an isolated incident, not representative of societal ills over there. That's your stance? You expect to be taken seriously?

What you need to do is just admit you are wrong and you started off in the first place simply b/c you don't like me so yo figured you say whatever and there was a nice little retarded PC argument for you to make. It was retaliation for the dumb cellphone driving debate in the chat box...a debate btw that everyone against me at least came to understand my point by the end (except you).

Edited by dayman

Also I love how, just like every other idiot like yourself, you say nothing. You start talking about he Koran and things off the wall. The issue is simple. What is your stance? Are you seriously sitting there arguing over the course of 3 pages to reject the idea there's problems over there with this. This was just an isolated incident, not representative of societal ills over there. That's your stance? You expect to be taken seriously?

What you need to do is just admit you are wrong and you started off in the first place simply b/c you don't like me so yo figured you say whatever and there was a nice little retarded PC argument for you to make. It was retaliation for the dumb cellphone driving debate in the chat box...a debate btw that everyone against me at least came to understand my point by the end (except you).

My position is the same as it always is: hold individuals responsible for their criminal acts, not societies as a whole. Plus...I actually know something about the religion. I know it doesn't say "Go forth, and rape the white women, such is the will of Allah" or whatever you think it says.

Your ignorant attitude is startlingly like the dehumanizing rationalizations used to indoctrinate the Einsatzgruppen in WWII.

My position is the same as it always is: hold individuals responsible for their criminal acts, not societies as a whole. Plus...I actually know something about the religion. I know it doesn't say "Go forth, and rape the white women, such is the will of Allah" or whatever you think it says.

Your ignorant attitude is startlingly like the dehumanizing rationalizations used to indoctrinate the Einsatzgruppen in WWII.

I still don't see how you continue to put words in my mouth. My stance is simple, accountability. That was and is the unifying theme of my posts and my opinion. The "culture" over there (and yes it includes what a significant amount of radicals teach as Islam) is terrible when it comes to women. They are also crazy antisemitic. That's why you have a mass of 200+ people reportedly participating in stripping a white women, and beating her with a flag pole while yelling that she was a Jew and doing God knows what sexually to her.

Your "position" that it's all individuals committing criminal acts is nice. But over here if an individual does this the 199 guys standing next to him don't join in. There's a CULTURE of civility that permeates our society. It's taboo to harm women. It's taboo to be racist. Ect....I still don't see why (other than digging in after having attacking me for what I'm pretty sure was originally just based on other arguments) you continue to hold such a ludicrous position. I mean...you are basically denying the culture problem in that region as it relates to women. It's insanity.

I still don't see how you continue to put words in my mouth. My stance is simple, accountability. That was and is the unifying theme of my posts and my opinion. The "culture" over there (and yes it includes what a significant amount of radicals teach as Islam) is terrible when it comes to women. They are also crazy antisemitic. That's why you have a mass of 200+ people reportedly participating in stripping a white women, and beating her with a flag pole while yelling that she was a Jew and doing God knows what sexually to her.

Your "position" that it's all individuals committing criminal acts is nice. But over here if an individual does this the 199 guys standing next to him don't join in. There's a CULTURE of civility that permeates our society. It's taboo to harm women. It's taboo to be racist. Ect....I still don't see why (other than digging in after having attacking me for what I'm pretty sure was originally just based on other arguments) you continue to hold such a ludicrous position. I mean...you are basically denying the culture problem in that region as it relates to women. It's insanity.

Im trying to stay as far away from this argument as possible, but...

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2000/06/15/central_park

Ok Dank ok. LOL yeah your right my bad. Before I condemn open public gang bang rape by mobs of men I better take a look in my own backyard. Spontaneous women beating is fairly common here.

Seriously Yusuf al-Qaradawi has been ranked #3rd most influential academic living. Guy has a reach of influence that extends into the 10s if not 100s of millions. He says it's ok to beat your wife and encourages female circumcision. Not to get into it (since we aren't discussing it) but also if you are gay you get the death penalty, and suicide bombs on Israel are just great, the more the merrier.

Now I'm not saying this man is like every man over there, or even most. I'm saying, he's #3 on that list and his audience isn't exactly Orange County. A quick wikipedia search shows 40 million people watch his broadcast show.

Your "position" that it's all individuals committing criminal acts is nice. But over here if an individual does this the 199 guys standing next to him don't join in.

You're an idiot.

It's taboo to harm women.

As it is in Islam...

It's taboo to be racist.

:lol: You're an idiot.

I still don't see why (other than digging in after having attacking me for what I'm pretty sure was originally just based on other arguments) you continue to hold such a ludicrous position.

Because it's not ludicrous, it's factual. And you're an idiot.

I mean...you are basically denying the culture problem in that region as it relates to women. It's insanity.

No, I'm denying there's a cultural problem in that region as it relates to GANG RAPE, you moron.

Well done.

Good old Haliburton.

I should also note there are fairly serious allegations of cover-ups in rape from everything in the Peace Corp to the Army. Boys will be boys, Nudge, Nudge, wink wink, Say no more.

God that was funny.

Do not take anything Tom says personal. I get the feeling Tom does not like anybody including himself. One thing in this whole thread was absolutely correct. Tom is the biggest ahole on this board. See you got to understand something about Tom. He admits that he does not have a friend in the world & the only people he hangs out with are his wife & occassionally his wife's friends. It is actually kinda sad. Maybe if he treated people with more respect he would have more friends.

One thing I have never understood. I have been on this board for about 5 years now I believe & in that time I have seen Tom throwout daily insults at people(this post is a perfect example). Calling people idiots, morons, in this post monkey boy yet he never gets suspended. I do not get it.

BTW, I agree the Middle East is one messed up region.

Edited by Gordio

Do not take anything Tom says personal. I get the feeling Tom does not like anybody including himself. One thing in this whole thread was absolutely correct. Tom is the biggest ahole on this board. See you got to understand something about Tom. He admits that he does not have a friend in the world & the only people he hangs out with are his wife & occassionally his wife's friends. It is actually kinda sad. Maybe if he treated people with more respect he would have more friends.

One thing I have never understood. I have been on this board for about 5 years now I believe & in that time I have seen Tom throwout daily insults at people(this post is a perfect example). Calling people idiots, morons, in this post monkey boy yet he never gets suspended. I do not get it.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/113015-thanks-leonidas/page__view__findpost__p__1851297

If it's clarification you seek (which I seriously doubt), here's some:

When Tom insults somebody it's generally because they're being an idiot.

When you insult someone, it's generally because you're being an idiot.

BTW, I agree the Middle East is one messed up region.

Yes...but not because of Islam. Most the Middle East's problems relate back to either tribalism or colonialism.

Ok Dank ok. LOL yeah your right my bad. Before I condemn open public gang bang rape by mobs of men I better take a look in my own backyard. Spontaneous women beating is fairly common here.

Seriously Yusuf al-Qaradawi has been ranked #3rd most influential academic living. Guy has a reach of influence that extends into the 10s if not 100s of millions. He says it's ok to beat your wife and encourages female circumcision. Not to get into it (since we aren't discussing it) but also if you are gay you get the death penalty, and suicide bombs on Israel are just great, the more the merrier.

Now I'm not saying this man is like every man over there, or even most. I'm saying, he's #3 on that list and his audience isn't exactly Orange County. A quick wikipedia search shows 40 million people watch his broadcast show.

This is hilarious. You indict an entire region of the world because a mob of men raped a woman. Dank responds that in New York City, here in the Christian-ized US of A where women are "considered equals", scumbags mob rape 24 women during a concert and you dismiss it like it's nothing.

You're more than happy to paint an entire region because of your self-percieved notion of what the Muslim religion is but you have nothing to say when flash mobs of rape happen within our own borders. This isn't the only example of generally civil society in North America acting like baboons but you don't see people making broad remarks of "Well, that's Christians for ya!"

Tom is 100% correct about you.