Who the hell cares about S. Peterson?

todd

People get killed every day. There are sick bastards doing this every day. What the hell is the american media mongoloid fascination with this idiot. Thank God this is over.

158961[/snapback]

I never understood the fascination either. But (since it has been thrown in our face so many times) doesn't stop me from wanting to see him die, though.

BTW, I thought the death sentence thing was kind of appropriate during the Christmas holiday time.

I never understood the fascination either. But (since it has been thrown in our face so many times) doesn't stop me from wanting to see him die, though.

BTW, I thought the death sentence thing was kind of appropriate during the Christmas holiday time.

158966[/snapback]

I was curious whether the accused, who apparently thought he had committed a perfect murder, would get away with it. Having the victims wash ashore where his fishing alibi established him was unfortunate for his case. I was fascinated by the study of a sociopath of unbelieveable proportions.

People get killed every day. There are sick bastards doing this every day. What the hell is the american media mongoloid fascination with this idiot. Thank God this is over.

158961[/snapback]

No fascination here. It’s the crowd that generally reads the National Enquirer or maybe watches some of the garbage on Network Television. Some have an affinity to cling onto this garbage. I look forward to hearing that he’s dead in prison from a broom handle stuck so far up his azz it comes out his mouth.

But thats just me.

I had assumed that it was some version of this thinking which interested some folks, and that other things interested other folks from this being a true crime story to fantasies some folks had about killing their spouse.

Regardless I think most people who were interested in this were interested for reasons I and others would classify as viewers being interested for their entertainment.

Thats OK in a free society. The main part I found sick about this was how newsnets like Fox and CNN clothed this issue in their public trust in order to make wads o cash.

I thought the fascination with the OJ trial was pretty sick given the hype and celebrity which overwhelmed it. However, there at least were some broader social relavance regarding race, celebrity and wealth that provided some vague justification (though failed justification in my view) of that case.

This one struck me as OJ Light. Prurient interest as entertainment withouy the slightest pretense of justification or societal relevance.

1) She was pregnant.

2) She was attractive.

3) 1 + 2 = Media frenzy.

Always makes you wonder why JonBenét Ramsey got so much media coverage when other kids get kidnapped all the time.

1) She was white, blonde and cute.

2) her family was very wealthy.

I agree. If I mention the name Derrick Todd Lee, how many people would even know who he is? He's been in courts the past year in Baton Rouge for going on a killing spree. So far 7 murders have been connected through DNA to him, all women. Every unsolved case simular to these is being reopened to see if they can find a connection to him.

It wasn't the event. It was the timing of the event. A happily married homespun woman who is 8-months pregnant comes up missing on Christmas Eve while taking her dog for a walk.

It got fueled when speculation turned to the husband, who was having an affair.

The media jumped on it, since it was Christmas. Once the media jumps on something like this, they realize it sells so they keep pushing it.

By the way...asking why people are paying attention to this is like asking why America loves William Hung.

1) She was pregnant.

2) She was attractive.

3) 1 + 2 = Media frenzy.

Always makes you wonder why JonBenét Ramsey got so much media coverage when other kids get kidnapped all the time.

159014[/snapback]

Careful, you might be accused of being "liberal". :devil:

1) She was pregnant.

2) She was attractive.

3) 1 + 2 = Media frenzy.

159014[/snapback]

Should he die for what he did Steve?

Should he die for what he did Steve?

159063[/snapback]

I flip flop on that. . .

(typical liberal, i know) :devil:

Does he deserve to be living? No.

Does he deserve to go into a room, have someone inject him with something that will basically shut down his vital organs, and within 5 minutes be dead, with a small pin prick after he took a woman and made her die in the most horrific way thinkable, while pregnant with his child? I have trouble with that.

Justice? He gets put in general population.

Unfortunatly that would never happen.

I thought she was a brunette

anyhow, i happened to be at the bank making a deposit right when the verdict was announced...all the women in the bank had to stop whatever they were doing to jump up and down and cheer...i had to ask, "so...what did you win?"

I flip flop on that. . .

(typical liberal, i know) :devil:

Does he deserve to be living? No.

Does he deserve to go into a room, have someone inject him with something that will basically shut down his vital organs, and within 5 minutes be dead, with a small pin prick after he took a woman and made her die in the most horrific way thinkable, while pregnant with his child? I have trouble with that.

Justice? He gets put in general population.

Unfortunatly that would never happen.

159073[/snapback]

I really don’t think you’re as liberal as you think, but that’s just a guess. BTW, I didn’t bring that up.

I guess your argument is his method of dying then.