Sabres win 11-round shootout

\GoBillsInDallas/

I don't understand why Lalime is still on this team. We need a Goalie who can step in now and then and not be terrible. They're not that hard to find. The only thing I can think is that they're not going to make any moves until Pegula takes over.

I just heard (read, though I am not 100% sure it is accurate), Enroth was sent back to Portland. Not sure I understand the thinking there...I figured they would keep him up, at least through the weekend. It is clear, it seems to me, Llame is the #3 goaltender. If Miller starts, tonight, and say, gets injured, or has a crap night...you want to go to Llame? From what Lindy said on the radio yesterday, I thought he was admitting that Miller would get a bit more rest down the stretch...

I think he's here because he makes Miller happy. And Enroth doesn't get any better if he sits on the bench in Buffalo. The only way Lalime plays is if Miller comes out mid-game due to injury or suckitude.

That's pretty much it. Lalime is nothing more than an emergency goalie, which actually he's played well in that role. He's a great locker room person and teammate, who doesn't complain about his playing time. Enroth continues to play in Portland, which is better than sitting the bench. I am not saying I agree with that, because playing Miller 31 straight games is ridiculous, but that's pretty much it. They need a backup goalie they can trust, Enroth is 23 and has been in the organization for a while now, so give him the backup and play him a dozen times a year. Maybe his trade value rises or something, I don't really understand the Sabres philosophy on this one. But my philosophies and Buffalo sports team philosophies usually differ quite a bit...

I just heard (read, though I am not 100% sure it is accurate), Enroth was sent back to Portland. Not sure I understand the thinking there...I figured they would keep him up, at least through the weekend. It is clear, it seems to me, Llame is the #3 goaltender. If Miller starts, tonight, and say, gets injured, or has a crap night...you want to go to Llame? From what Lindy said on the radio yesterday, I thought he was admitting that Miller would get a bit more rest down the stretch...

I'm not going to suggest that saving money is or should be a big factor here, but they are free to move Enroth back and forth to Portland as much as they want this year and next. If he's not going to play on any given night, he's better served getting the time in the AHL. At the same time, they wind up paying him less while he's down there. It sucks for Enroth, but it's a part of every you NHL player's contract and he agreed to it. At the same time, they also build a little bit of a cushion in terms of the salary cap just in case they do want to make a play for someone at the deadline.

As for the injury thing, planning for injuries is not a luxury that most teams can have. At some point you have to take on that low risk and ride with what you have, so I don't really see there being much of an issue with keeping Enroth on the shuttle to the AHL. Once we hit the last couple games of the season? That might be a different case (but even then, there are restrictions on how many total callups they're allowed from Portland).

because playing Miller 31 straight games is ridiculous

This is my primary complaint. If Lalime is going to be on the team, they need to trust him enough to spell Miller at least in the occasional back to back game. If they need to call up someone from Portland for that reason, it's a farce having him on the team, and if they don't want Enroth sitting (which I completely understand), then they should go out and pick up another goalie.