Esperanza Spalding, check her out

boyst

I had never heard of her until she won. I scratched my head like many. The next day I remembered the name and looked her up on YouTube. That girl can sing. She reminds me of Norah Jones, how just one day she burst on the scene. I think that will happen with her and she deserves it. Her jazzy sound with unique style, bringing back the sound of years ago is fresh.

. I do not know all of her music yet but this was just a good song and can give you an idea.

I had never heard of her until she won. I scratched my head like many. The next day I remembered the name and looked her up on YouTube. That girl can sing. She reminds me of Norah Jones, how just one day she burst on the scene. I think that will happen with her and she deserves it. Her jazzy sound with unique style, bringing back the sound of years ago is fresh.

. I do not know all of her music yet but this was just a good song and can give you an idea.

She's no Lady Gaga - Thank God in Heaven!

She's a Oregon native. :thumbsup: I hadn't heard of her until she won either. Beautiful voice!

you all must not listen/watch npr/pbs. both had stories on her within the last year. her story is as compelling as her sound. it's nice to see real talent recognized by the grammys.