new gbn mock - first three rounds

dave mcbride

I agree too. I think actual NFL teams aren't going to touch him until the second half of the first round. Everyone will call it an unexpected "drop".

If Peterson runs a sub 4.5 forty, shows well in the agility drills, and has a vertical leap of 35"+ you can bet he'll go top 5 somewhere. I think it will likely be Denver that takes him. He has alot of money riding on his 40 time right now. Look at Malcolm Jenkins from Ohio State, his slower 40 times dropped him out of the top 10 and he had to switch positions in the NFL. He has panned out to be an excellent S for NO though. Peterson is up against the same situation right now.

If Peterson runs a sub 4.5 forty, shows well in the agility drills, and has a vertical leap of 35"+ you can bet he'll go top 5 somewhere. I think it will likely be Denver that takes him. He has alot of money riding on his 40 time right now. Look at Malcolm Jenkins from Ohio State, his slower 40 times dropped him out of the top 10 and he had to switch positions in the NFL. He has panned out to be an excellent S for NO though. Peterson is up against the same situation right now.

I Agree that his 40 Time would validate him as a top 10 pick, if there is 1 position where 40 time is somewhat relevant its WRs\DBs.

Even with a 4.48 #2 is pretty high when looking at his tape, and I agree about the scheme LSU played a lot of zone there is really little man on man tape for draftniks to go on on about his cover skills.

We'll see but I he goes much later than all the hype around him has led people to believe.

I Agree that his 40 Time would validate him as a top 10 pick, if there is 1 position where 40 time is somewhat relevant its WRs\DBs.

Even with a 4.48 #2 is pretty high when looking at his tape, and I agree about the scheme LSU played a lot of zone there is really little man on man tape for draftniks to go on on about his cover skills.

We'll see but I he goes much later than all the hype around him has led people to believe.

#3 is awful high for a DB. Also I think Peterson will transition to safety in the NFL. I hope we can do better than this.

But how do you make sure that you're getting Aikman and not Steve Walsh?

Do what the Cowboys did and take both. I think that's a pretty good mock although I like Heyward at DE I'd prefer a pass rushing OLB in Round 2 if elect to take Peterson with our top pick but with the way that mock fell we made the best choices.

Remember this: in terms of CB, Deion Sanders is in the discussion of the greatest of all time. Same with Barry Sanders at the running back position.

They were drafted in 1989 when Troy Aikman went #1 overall. Troy Aikman is really never mentioned with the likes of Montana, Unitas or even Elway, Marino, Manning, Brady and Favre. He wasn't a big numbers guy but he won 3 SB's and without him the Cowboys wouldn't have won any of them.

Sanders presence made little historical impact on the fortunes of the Lions, and Sanders would have never been able to make the kind of difference for Atlanta playing cornerback that Aikman made, or would have made, anywhere as a QB.

It doesn't matter whether you get the best player from a draft, there are QB's and then there are the other 21 position players.

I think they could have won a Super Bowl with a number of other QB's that were playing at that time. That team was loaded with great players, many of them obtained using the Herschel Walker picks.

The Best Teams in this league have franchise quarterbacks. The NFL is a Quarterbacks league. The Bills need to find their franchise QB whether or not its their first pick or not. They need to find the guy that can win games period. You build a team around him. Drafting a defensive back or and great DE will help.Yes this team needs playmaker on defense but QB is key. I stating the obvious.

I hoping the Bills can put together a great draft and stop looking for tweeners or diamonds in the rough. Buddy Nix can turn this franchise around this year by having a very good draft and a few key free agent pickups.

Go Bills !!!!!

I think they could have won a Super Bowl with a number of other QB's that were playing at that time. That team was loaded with great players, many of them obtained using the Herschel Walker picks.

I agree. Dan Marino, John Elway, Jim Kelly, Steve Young, Joe Montana, Warren Moon all could have potentially won a SB with that Dallas team. There were a lot of HOF QB's playing then.

I agree. Dan Marino, John Elway, Jim Kelly, Steve Young, Joe Montana, Warren Moon all could have potentially won a SB with that Dallas team. There were a lot of HOF QB's playing then.

And Emmitt Smith and that O-line was the staple of the Cowboys offense. Everything started with their run game. IMO, Troy is a bit overrated.

And Emmitt Smith and that O-line was the staple of the Cowboys offense. Everything started with their run game. IMO, Troy is a bit overrated.

I don't disagree that he was overrated, but without Aikman or one of those HOF QB's I think San Francisco and Green Bay would have been in those SB's. Considering how close those battles were, I can pretty much guarantee it.