Cam Newton gets huge endoresement deal

papazoid

I do not get UA for this, it seems like too much..but... You can argue Cam has done nothing in the NFL, but so what? His Q rating is sky high and he can obviously attract that in the market value of his image. I do not care Cam Newton got paid so much, I care that this is just more hype for the machine and that UA is out of their mind for doing this. I do not know his background, other then what I have seen in the news, etc, but I hope they checked him out and vetted him some. They don't need him to go Tiger Woods or Mike Vick on him.

I do not get the articles argument that the NCAA makes millions off of these guys, either. Didn't anyone see what UTennessee is building? You think that the colleges just squander that money they get from the athletes? Tons of that money goes to paying for other sports and supporting the joke that is TitleIX. To say colleges make millions off the players is right, but the NCAA Student athlete is king. And, unless you have been an NCAA athlete, specifically DivI, you cannot dispute that. Sorry.

Also, I was a huge UA fan when it first came out, I was wearing that stuff in HS back in 98 and 99 when no one had heard of it and people laughed at you for it. I do not even remember whereI heard of it, maybe it was Sports Illustrated. Eventually, I found it at Dick's, too.

Then, in about 2007 I noticed it was everywhere. It is frustrating. I see kids wearing this stuff at stores as regular clothing, the tight stuff, too. UA is now just like Adidas, Reebok, and Nike, you see fat people who are obviously not athletes wearing it. Frack, I barely wear it anymore because I am not in the shape I was, but UA sold out. I do not blame them, they're making billions, but it is disgusting.

Edited by jboyst62

I do not get UA for this, it seems like too much..but... You can argue Cam has done nothing in the NFL, but so what? His Q rating is sky high and he can obviously attract that in the market value of his image. I do not care Cam Newton got paid so much, I care that this is just more hype for the machine and that UA is out of their mind for doing this. I do not know his background, other then what I have seen in the news, etc, but I hope they checked him out and vetted him some. They don't need him to go Tiger Woods or Mike Vick on him.

I do not get the articles argument that the NCAA makes millions off of these guys, either. Didn't anyone see what UTennessee is building? You think that the colleges just squander that money they get from the athletes? Tons of that money goes to paying for other sports and supporting the joke that is TitleIX. To say colleges make millions off the players is right, but the NCAA Student athlete is king. And, unless you have been an NCAA athlete, specifically DivI, you cannot dispute that. Sorry.

Also, I was a huge UA fan when it first came out, I was wearing that stuff in HS back in 98 and 99 when no one had heard of it and people laughed at you for it. I do not even remember whereI heard of it, maybe it was Sports Illustrated. Eventually, I found it at Dick's, too.

Then, in about 2007 I noticed it was everywhere. It is frustrating. I see kids wearing this stuff at stores as regular clothing, the tight stuff, too. UA is now just like Adidas, Reebok, and Nike, you see fat people who are obviously not athletes wearing it. Frack, I barely wear it anymore because I am not in the shape I was, but UA sold out. I do not blame them, they're making billions, but it is disgusting.

I don't think clothing lines are like indie rock bands. It's sportswear...so yes, you're probably gonna find it at Dick's because the goal of a business is profit. They didn't sellout, they became successful. I really hope you get the help you need and find a way to bury this hatchet with "UA", which I guess was the pet name you gave to your obsession. :lol:

I don't think clothing lines are like indie rock bands. It's sportswear...so yes, you're probably gonna find it at Dick's because the goal of a business is profit. They didn't sellout, they became successful. I really hope you get the help you need and find a way to bury this hatchet with "UA", which I guess was the pet name you gave to your obsession. :lol:

hahaha I guess I came off as crazy but it really bothers me way too much that Under Armour isn't what it once was. I am glad they succeeded, I just hate seeing it on every jabrone out there. UA is the common shortcut for Under Armour, btw.

I figured his first deal would be selling laptops with the owner's name written in whiteout on the outside

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=cam+newton+laptop&cp=12&wrapid=tljp1297746964542020&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=780&bih=438

not to keep bumping this thread but I did not know what this was in reference to, surprisingly. Here it is, in case anyone doesn't know: Deadspin article.

He hasnt done anything professionally yet, but Newton is a Heisman winner and a national champion already. He's already associated with UA through their deal with Auburn. Seems like a good deal for both parties to me.

Edited by Zulu Cthulhu

Three words:

Follow the money.

Anyone who thinks Newton is not an NFL talent should take a good look at this endorsement. Scouting departments might make mistakes. TV commentators might make mistakes. Big corporations with the resources of Under Armor DO NOT. This contract is a virtual guarantee that Newton will be a HUUUUUUUUGE star in the NFL. He could still get hurt or possibly run into off the field problems but so can any player. Didn't Newton just have a workout for the scouts? Do you think UA was there as well? This deal proves he has immense talent that translates to the NFL. Congrats to UA for outbidding Nike.

If Denver and Carolina miss this, let's all hope that the Bills do not. We will all regret it for years.

Three words:

Follow the money.

Anyone who thinks Newton is not an NFL talent should take a good look at this endorsement. Scouting departments might make mistakes. TV commentators might make mistakes. Big corporations with the resources of Under Armor DO NOT. This contract is a virtual guarantee that Newton will be a HUUUUUUUUGE star in the NFL. He could still get hurt or possibly run into off the field problems but so can any player. Didn't Newton just have a workout for the scouts? Do you think UA was there as well? This deal proves he has immense talent that translates to the NFL. Congrats to UA for outbidding Nike.

If Denver and Carolina miss this, let's all hope that the Bills do not. We will all regret it for years.

Wonderlic Test ??.....i predict single digit.

Three words:

Follow the money.

:lol:

Git'er done Buddy!!

Wonderlic Test ??.....i predict single digit.

Maybe and maybe not. And it means nothing.

Under Armor is a major company that didn't get there by just throwing millions away.

Contrast this with the Brady Quinn situation. He got a two hundred dollar endorsement deal with some chocolate milk company that no one ever heard of. You may remember the commercial. He was walking on a treadmill or skipping rope or doing some other girlish activity and at the end he drinks some chocolate milk. He turns to the camera and says "Now I'm done."

No Brady, the proof that you were done came when you could only get an endorsement deal for chocolate milk.

Follow the money.