Tom Donahoe "blasts" officials

Fezmid

Remember the question I brought up yesterday about what would have happened if Buffalo had just thrown an incopmlete pass on the "illegal touching" play that the refs marked off incorrectly? I asked TD, and he answered! ;)

Christopher White (Minneapolis, MN): I have a question regarding the bad spot the refs made during the Browns game. After reviewing the "illegal touching," they actually marked the ball in Buffalo's favor on a spot that was past the first down marker. What would happen had Moorman thrown an incomplete pass instead of punting the ball away? Would the refs have given us a first down since you can't review the previous play after a snap (thus they couldn't spot the ball correctly).

TD: Once another play is run you cannot go back to the previous play. There is no excuse in yesterday's game for not marking the ball correctly, particularly when the officials have the advantage of looking at the previous play and determining the correct spot. What exactly went through the officials mind at that time we would have no way of knowing but once the next play is run, even if there was an obvious error, it cannot be corrected.

So, it sounds like we WOULD have had a first down!

CW

Considering how well we played against the Browns I am kind of glad we punted on that one occassion & did bot get the FD, did not hurt the result and it would have been an even tougher loss to swallow with such an incompetant zebra goof thrown in as well. No one deserves to be pulverised like they were and get a totally bogus call like that, would be just too cruel.

Well, no one except for the phins, obviously......

Considering how well we played against the Browns I am kind of glad we punted on that one occassion & did bot get the FD, did not hurt the result and it would have been an even tougher loss to swallow with such an incompetant zebra goof thrown in as well. No one deserves to be pulverised like they were and get a totally bogus call like that, would be just too cruel.

Well, no one except for the phins, obviously......

158936[/snapback]

Yeah, but we would've gotten on Sports Center for sure ;)

CW

Remember the question I brought up yesterday about what would have happened if Buffalo had just thrown an incopmlete pass on the "illegal touching" play that the refs marked off incorrectly?  I asked TD, and he answered! :)

So, it sounds like we WOULD have had a first down!

CW

158931[/snapback]

Did he fart in their general direction? ;)

Good question there CW. (Yours, not mine. Mine's almost too stupid for even me.)