Frank Reich moves to WR coach w/Indy

Beerball

It is odd...my guess (and only a guess)is that maybe the Colts didn't want to lose Turner, so they appeased him by making him more involved with game plannig? At the same time, they didn't want to let Reich go, because he is a good guy, and didn't do anything to warrent being released.

It seems to me that in Indy the WR Coach might actually be the more important position, as Peyton is probably largely independent at this point in his career. Especially considering the turnover they've had at the WR position. Frank can teach these young guys what a QB is expecting (e.g. route running) and I would bet he'll excel at it.

Edited by Captain Caveman

You mean nobody remembers Frank "Sure Hands" Reich??? They always went to him when the needed a sure 1st Down! :wallbash:

Well, you can't teach hands. You can teach film study, route running, etc....

A lot of pitching coaches are former catchers, which makes sense because the catcher tends to be in an in-game pitching coach. Just like a good QB should be coaching up his WRs in game.

It's a bit odd…but nowhere near as odd as the Eagles naming their long-time Offensive Line Coach Juan Castillo to be their new Defensive Coordinator.

THAT was a head scratcher.

That's real odd, Moving Reich makes sense considering Turners experience and previous QB coach duties, maybe they figured he had more to offer Manning.