Jack Locker can't hit the broadside of a barn

1B4IDie

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, for the past two seasons Jake Locker has been touted as the NEXT best thing...

Now,Epic Fail!

Luck could do the same, I don't see him going number one next season.

Locker was no good last year and really proved this year. Luck will be #1 next year because this kid was awesome as a sophmore, the only thing that could hold him back is an injury or the new coaching gets retarded, which could be good for us next year.

Locker was no good last year and really proved this year. Luck will be #1 next year because this kid was awesome as a sophmore, the only thing that could hold him back is an injury or the new coaching gets retarded, which could be good for us next year.

Maybe we should hold out hope (?) that the season gets cancelled and next year's Draft order remains the same as it is for this year.

For the record Locker was never in the conversation for the #1 overall in the real world. McShay made up his potential and everyone ran with it.

The truth is Locker went to the draft advisory board and they told him he is probably a 3rd round pick so he went back to school. If you look at the tape and his performance and his stats you can see he probably wasn't a 3rd round pick in 2010 draft. He actually improved and or proved that he is no good in the 2010 season.

Not to kick the guy when he is down but he doesn't come across as the sharpest knife either. Curious to see if he has a Tebow-esque wonderlic.

Jake Locker is the poster boy for the disconnect with draftnick hype and NFL reality.

Even if Luck breaks his throwing arm or shoulder a la Bradford he won't drop out of the Top3 and is 95% a Lock for #1 overall.

Two completely different stories.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Finishing up his junior season, Locker was one of the premier qauterback selections leading up to the 2010 draft, but elected to go back for his senior season. Big Mistake. Even at the begining of college season in 2010, Locker was still the favorite to go number one. However, in the 2011 Draft, Locker wont make it to middle round two.

Junior Season- Locker's best stats at Washington

Jake Locker

Comp-230

Att-395

Yds-2800

Cmp%- 58.2

TD- 21

Int-11

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sophmore Season

Andrew Luck-

Comp-263

Att-372

Yds-=3,338

Pct- 70.7%

TD-32

Int- 8

Rating 170.2

True, Luck did have an awesome sophmore year, but there will be alot of pressure on him... if he doesn't take this team to a national championship....if his INT's rise and if he doesn't match last years wins/stats he COULD slip in the draft and COULD not go number one overall.

An example of why Luck could drop out of the number one spot in the 2012 Draft...Aaron Rodgers, Brady Quinn...

In the 2005 NFL Draft, this years Super Bowl winning Qaurterback fell to 24th overall, because the 49ers selected Utah's Alex Smith based on Mike Nolan not believing Aaron Rodgers could co-exist with his strong personality.

Leading up to the 2005 Draft, many people speculated that Rodgers should go number one overall, but after Alex Smith's one year wonder, 3.74 gpa in college, workouts & one of the better wonderlic scores...Rodgers got beat out of the number one selection

Junior Season

Aaron Rodgers-

Comp- 209

Att-316

Cmp% 66.1

Yds- 2566

TD-24

Int- 8

Junior Season

Alex Smith-

Comp- 214

Att- 317

YDS- 2952

CMP% 67.5

TD-32

INT-4

---------------------------------------

Senior Season

Brady Quinn-

Comp- 289

Att- 467

Yds- 3426

CMP% 61.9

TD-37

Int-7

After the 2006 Draft, Quinn was the bonafide posterchild for the number one spot in the 2007 Draft. As the 2006 college season passed, out of nowhere-Jamarcus Russell's performance that season, beating Quinn in the 2006 Sugar Bowl, including his wicked pro-day--outwieghed Quinn's statistically impressive Senior season...However, fell to 22nd overall, due to his teams horrible year of free falling out of the top ten! The Fighting Irish went from #2 in the country to finishing a generous #11 in the country!

If Luck improves and so does his team...then he will be number one.

However, to my knowledge, the only qaurterback who went back for his senior year and ended up going number one is Peyton Manning...But, he got a run for his money with Ryan Leaf.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Finishing up his junior season, Locker was one of the premier qauterback selections leading up to the 2010 draft, but elected to go back for his senior season. Big Mistake. Even at the begining of college season in 2010, Locker was still the favorite to go number one. However, in the 2011 Draft, Locker wont make it to middle round two.

Junior Season- Locker's best stats at Washington

Jake Locker

Comp-230

Att-395

Yds-2800

Cmp%- 58.2

TD- 21

Int-11

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sophmore Season

Andrew Luck-

Comp-263

Att-372

Yds-=3,338

Pct- 70.7%

TD-32

Int- 8

Rating 170.2

True, Luck did have an awesome sophmore year, but there will be alot of pressure on him... if he doesn't take this team to a national championship....if his INT's rise and if he doesn't match last years wins/stats he COULD slip in the draft and COULD not go number one overall.

An example of why Luck could drop out of the number one spot in the 2012 Draft...Aaron Rodgers, Brady Quinn...

In the 2005 NFL Draft, this years Super Bowl winning Qaurterback fell to 24th overall, because the 49ers selected Utah's Alex Smith based on Mike Nolan not believing Aaron Rodgers could co-exist with his strong personality.

Leading up to the 2005 Draft, many people speculated that Rodgers should go number one overall, but after Alex Smith's one year wonder, 3.74 gpa in college, workouts & one of the better wonderlic scores...Rodgers got beat out of the number one selection

Junior Season

Aaron Rodgers-

Comp- 209

Att-316

Cmp% 66.1

Yds- 2566

TD-24

Int- 8

Junior Season

Alex Smith-

Comp- 214

Att- 317

YDS- 2952

CMP% 67.5

TD-32

INT-4

---------------------------------------

Senior Season

Brady Quinn-

Comp- 289

Att- 467

Yds- 3426

CMP% 61.9

TD-37

Int-7

After the 2006 Draft, Quinn was the bonafide posterchild for the number one spot in the 2007 Draft. As the 2006 college season passed, out of nowhere-Jamarcus Russell's performance that season, beating Quinn in the 2006 Sugar Bowl, including his wicked pro-day--outwieghed Quinn's statistically impressive Senior season...However, fell to 22nd overall, due to his teams horrible year of free falling out of the top ten! The Fighting Irish went from #2 in the country to finishing a generous #11 in the country!

If Luck improves and so does his team...then he will be number one.

However, to my knowledge, the only qaurterback who went back for his senior year and ended up going number one is Peyton Manning...But, he got a run for his money with Ryan Leaf.

I don't know where you got those Locker stats from but these are the real stats:

Passing

YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

2007 155 328 2062 47.3 6.29 98 14 15 17 105.01

2008 50 93 512 53.8 5.51 48 1 0 10 103.55

2009 230 395 2800 58.2 7.09 51 21 11 28 129.75

2010 184 332 2265 55.4 6.82 80 17 9 19 124.20

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=184374

Plus Sam Bradford went back and went #1 overall.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Without the benefit of my amazing Hindsight abilities Ill take that bet

Ha. Well played. I'm just thinking some team will think they can correct his ills and make him successful. The only knock on the guy is accuracy (a hazardous one, yes), but other than that, he's got the tools to be very,very good.

I certainly don't buy the "he's stupid argument" some posters are throwing out there. He's always been composed and articulate in all the interviews I've seen. It's his leadership and intangibles that will help him succeed. A lot of people want to trade up and get a guy in the 1st, I want to trade up and get him in the 2nd. Before 50 of course. :)

For the record Locker was never in the conversation for the #1 overall in the real world. McShay made up his potential and everyone ran with it.

The truth is Locker went to the draft advisory board and they told him he is probably a 3rd round pick so he went back to school. If you look at the tape and his performance and his stats you can see he probably wasn't a 3rd round pick in 2010 draft. He actually improved and or proved that he is no good in the 2010 season.

Not to kick the guy when he is down but he doesn't come across as the sharpest knife either. Curious to see if he has a Tebow-esque wonderlic.

Jake Locker is the poster boy for the disconnect with draftnick hype and NFL reality.

Even if Luck breaks his throwing arm or shoulder a la Bradford he won't drop out of the Top3 and is 95% a Lock for #1 overall.

Agreed. I have been scratching my head with this Locker guy ever since I saw McShay on his nuts last year. He was never any good - ever.

Ha. Well played. I'm just thinking some team will think they can correct his ills and make him successful. The only knock on the guy is accuracy (a hazardous one, yes), but other than that, he's got the tools to be very,very good.

I certainly don't buy the "he's stupid argument" some posters are throwing out there. He's always been composed and articulate in all the interviews I've seen. It's his leadership and intangibles that will help him succeed. A lot of people want to trade up and get a guy in the 1st, I want to trade up and get him in the 2nd. Before 50 of course. :)

You're killing me stony. Why would you want him in a Bills uni?

He was a scrub in college, all he did was lose. Has a lack luster completion percentage. Crumbles under pressure in games; time and time again.

It would be like drafting Trent Edwards in the top 50, a post concussion Trent Edwards.

I can not see one reason to draft him. Enlighten me.

Exactly.

So whats the bet here? I bet he goes after 50 and you say 50 or before?