The Hell with Egypt, it's small potatoes compared to this looming

And here I thought the military and Social Security were the biggest lines on the budget. I learn something new every day.

Depends on your definition of "budget" - through the first half of the Bush administration, half the military expenditures were "supplemental funding", not included in the budget requests. And most people treat SS as outside the budget most of the time.

There's a slew of different ways the government cooks the books.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on your definition of "budget" - through the first half of the Bush administration, half the military expenditures were "supplemental funding", not included in the budget requests. And most people treat SS as outside the budget most of the time.

There's a slew of different ways the government cooks the books.

I was actually just making a joke how his parenthetical comment seemed to be the large budget line item he was referring to. But thanks for clarifying anyway.

You missed the joke, too. Read my exchange with Tom above and next time I'll try to be more obvious.

In my defense, I'm fighting a stomach thing today.

But you really do have to consider your audience. Generally, I'd phrase that joke as "I never realized retards were the biggest budget line item...but on reflection, it makes sense." 'Cause...y'know...mouth-breathers.