CBO: Health law to cut workforce by 800,000

erynthered

Part of me feels that in the underbelly of the history written for this time will be a large cluster of nuggets of crap told to the country to support unpopular items. Whether it's something like "the Recovery Act will keep unemployment under 8%" or something like Obamacare will create 400,000 jobs "almost immediately," what started out as a masterful controlling of the line between imply and infer has quickly become "Throw the gun! Throw the gun!"

The left will also come to regret over-selling the CBO as non-partisan. Yes, it's non-partisan...a non-partisan calculator.

I thought it was suppose to create 500,000 jobs? So is that a net loss of 1.3 million jobs Nancy?

She meant "create or save". Without the health law, the real job loss would have been 1.8 million.

Part of me feels that in the underbelly of the history written for this time will be a large cluster of nuggets of crap told to the country to support unpopular items. Whether it's something like "the Recovery Act will keep unemployment under 8%" or something like Obamacare will create 400,000 jobs "almost immediately,"

Or "This [iraq] is about imminent threat."

It's just politics. Sad thing is people are so specific in choosing which nuggets they believe out of a veritable boatload of absolute crap.

I thought it was suppose to create 500,000 jobs? So is that a net loss of 1.3 million jobs Nancy?

You're not seeing the whole picture here. Those are only private sector jobs that will be lost. Government jobs will be increased to offset the job losses.

Or "This [iraq] is about imminent threat."

It's just politics. Sad thing is people are so specific in choosing which nuggets they believe out of a veritable boatload of absolute crap.

I completely agree. For the little it's worth, my comment really isn't just about the current administration doing it (they all do it, I know) so much as how blatantly they seem to do it. In other words, this administration wouldn't say "(Irag) is an imminent threat," but rather "If we don't invade Iraq now, 1,427 people will die in the next 47 days, with 87% of them being fireman, police, and teachers."

I completely agree. For the little it's worth, my comment really isn't just about the current administration doing it (they all do it, I know) so much as how blatantly they seem to do it. In other words, this administration wouldn't say "(Irag) is an imminent threat," but rather "If we don't invade Iraq now, 1,427 people will die in the next 47 days, with 87% of them being fireman, police, and teacher and people will not be getting their colostomy bags."

You forgot that last bit.