Carson Palmer questionable for Sunday

scribo

Bengals' Palmer questionable for Sunday

Bengals' Palmer questionable for Sunday

Cincinnati, OH (Sports Network) - Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer is questionable for Sunday's game against Buffalo after an MRI exam Monday revealed no serious damage to his left knee.

Palmer suffered a sprained knee in the third quarter of this past Sunday's game against New England.

Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said Palmer's status for the upcoming game depends on the quarterback's threshold for pain and how the knee responds to treatment during the week.

"It's a matter of his tolerance and flexibility," said Lewis. "We'll see what happens. He's still in his brace and crutches as of today and we'll see where he goes on Wednesday."

Palmer was hurt on a hit by New England's Richard Seymour and stayed down momentarily. He was eventually able to walk into the locker room under his power.

Jon Kitna took over the quarterbacking duties for the Bengals (6-7) and led the club on one scoring march and nearly had another, but was intercepted in the end zone during the 35-28 loss.

Kitna, who was making his first appearance of the year, finished 9-of-13 for 126 yards with the touchdown and an interception. He would get the start against the Bills if Palmer is unable to play.

Palmer was having a solid day against the defending Super Bowl champions, as he was 18-of-24 for 202 yards with two touchdowns and an interception.

In his first season as a starter, the former Heisman Trophy winner and overall No. 1 draft pick has completed 60.9 percent of his passes for 2,897 yards with 18 touchdowns and 18 interceptions.

I still remember a game from a few years back where Kitna ripped us to shreds--he was still playing for the Seahawks back then. And he played well last year. I wouldn't count on the Bengals being less effective with him at QB.

I still remember a game from a few years back where Kitna ripped us to shreds--he was still playing for the Seahawks back then. And he played well last year.  I wouldn't count on the Bengals being less effective with him at QB.

158852[/snapback]

To be honest, I'd rather see Palmer. If the defense is as dominant as yesterday, the first year starter would probably be rattled more than Kitna would be.

LOL people you people want kitna?

are you serious?

Chad johnson leads the afc in catches and yds with carson Palmer.

not to mention carson in his last 3 games has racked up a completion percentage of 75% with 9td passes and over 900yds passing

his 2nd wr tj houshmanzedah has 27 catches for 400yds and 3tds in his last 3 games. you guys better prey carson doesn't make it onto the field.

No1 can cover chad and the long ball, and kitna can't throw the longball.

Because every year a team that is no longer in it will then procede to knock out a team from play off contention in an upset. And the way the Bengals have played in the second half of the season they could easily manage to be that team

Do not think it will happen, mind you, but just because a team is 'not in it' any more does make them any less dangerous.

With 7 losses, these guys are already done and they wont play up to a tough game against us!

Why does anyone think Cinn is still in it?

158925[/snapback]

Dude it's not whether WE think they're still in it, it's whether THEY think they're still in it. They will come to play.

By the way, could you check the archives and see if you've EVER posted a comment that wasn't totally idiotic?