Streamlined government

Gary M

Sherry Marshall, who runs one such agency in Cincinnati, answers to a 45-member board.

What the !@#$? What kind of board has 45 members and accomplishes anything productive?

I've got to start maintaining a collection of statements like these, as evidence of why I don't want government anywhere near health care.

What the !@#$? What kind of board has 45 members and accomplishes anything productive?

I've got to start maintaining a collection of statements like these, as evidence of why I don't want government anywhere near health care.

But Tom it will bring the cost down. :wallbash:

But Tom it will bring the cost down. :wallbash:

That's why our late, lamented health insurance was so good. The first step of a review of a charge was: will it cost more to review this than pay it out? If yes...pay the !@#$ing bill.

The government wastes a RIDICULOUS amount of money making sure they can account for every penny spent.

45 members?!?!?! Holy crap. My wife is on a board of 6 and after every meeting I ask how it went. "Don't ask" is the typical reply.

That's why our late, lamented health insurance was so good. The first step of a review of a charge was: will it cost more to review this than pay it out? If yes...pay the !@#$ing bill.

The government wastes a RIDICULOUS amount of money making sure they can account for every penny spent.

Did you read the article.?

"The Government Accountability Office (GAO) found that “little is known about the effectiveness” of the programs because half haven’t had a performance review since 2004 and only five have ever had a study to determine whether job seekers in the program do better than those who don’t participate."

So what do these boards do?

And here is where the money went.

http://coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/pressreleases?ContentRecord_id=cf7fa487-7be6-4d72-b701-a36e7ea541fe

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/11/us/politics/11congress.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=tha2

House GOP demans $100 billion in job cuts. Hey, they shipped the private sector jobs overseas, now its time for many of those with government jobs to join the underclass.

How does this make America better?

Spending money we don't have is not the answer.

The USA has got to balance the budget and start paying down the debt.

Last summer my city got some federal money to rip up a concrete median and plant shrubs. Everybody just loved it until I started explaining that the shrubs will be dead before my grand kids pay off the chinese for them.

:wallbash::wallbash:

Our school system is remolding again, because the grant money was there. This is the third time in 15 years they have torn the school apart. Again nobody realizes that we haven't even paid for the first job yet.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/11/us/politics/11congress.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=tha2

House GOP demans $100 billion in job cuts. Hey, they shipped the private sector jobs overseas, now its time for many of those with government jobs to join the underclass.

I don't see $100B in job cuts. I see $100B in government budget cuts.

What !@#$ing world are you living on? It sure as **** ain't Earth.

I swear you must have multiple personalities----dumb and dumber.

I don't see $100B in job cuts. I see $100B in government budget cuts.

What !@#$ing world are you living on? It sure as **** ain't Earth.

You'll have to forgive Dave. Until Olbermann gets his new show on the air at Current, he's pretty much trying to wing it on his own.