Cam Newton Media Day???

symbiant

A couple of things.

If a "one year wonder" gets ruled out, then the Bills shouldn't draft Bowers or Fairley either.

I think Dilfer overstated his case. I'm on record as thinking drafting Newton at 3 isn't a terrible idea, BUT there is no way I can say that the ball "jumps out of his hand" like Dilfer did. In the Auburn games I watched, Newton showed very good arm strength, not great arm strength. His freak qualities are in his size/speed combination, not in how he spins the ball.

Edited by Ozymandius

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys can drool over his arm strength all you want, but he doesnt know how to play QB at the NFL level. Only time will tell but WHEN he fails, I'm gonna come back and basically laugh at all the jokers that liked this guy.

... And if you're wrong do the folks who like him get to laugh at you?

(I should note that I don't have an opinion on him as of yet since I have only seen one game. But it seems silly to speak in absolutes when it's only February.)

Edited by tgreg99

A couple of things.

If a "one year wonder" gets ruled out, then the Bills shouldn't draft Bowers or Fairley either.

I think Dilfer overstated his case. I'm on record as thinking drafting Newton at 3 isn't a terrible idea, BUT there is no way I can say that the ball "jumps out of his hand" like Dilfer did. In the Auburn games I watched, Newton showed very good arm strength, not great arm strength. His freak qualities are in his size/speed combination, not in how he spins the ball.

I am on board as stating I am not particularly interested in either one of them.

If we could trade out of the top 15 and get a 2nd, 4th and 1st next year I would be all for it. But, Newton will be on the bench for at least a year or two.