You can't make this stuff up, folks

JÂy RÛßeÒ

So you feel that the city officials made the correct decision? I disagree 110%, political correctness has run amok. Those city officials have no baals.

Is it really political correctness though? I don't think it has anything to do with them thinking people will be insulted by the name. They're rejecting it because they know they'll be a laughing stock. They're not trying to be politically correct, they're trying to save face.

One might even say that Harry Baals got the shaft.

If I had a doller for every time...

Is it really political correctness though? I don't think it has anything to do with them thinking people will be insulted by the name. They're rejecting it because they know they'll be a laughing stock. They're not trying to be politically correct, they're trying to save face.

Political correctness, not wanting to be a laughing stock whatever you want to call it those townsmen and townswomen need to grow a pair. Harry Baals was huge in that community, a pillar so to speak and yet they want to tuck him away because they are worried about somebody might laugh at them? It's time for Harry to be pubicly worshiped, he's been flogged enough.

Political correctness, not wanting to be a laughing stock whatever you want to call it those townsmen and townswomen need to grow a pair. Harry Baals was huge in that community, a pillar so to speak and yet they want to tuck him away because they are worried about somebody might laugh at them? It's time for Harry to be pubicly worshiped, he's been flogged enough.

:thumbsup::lol:

It's hilarious in a way but to a point. Seriously though that's messed up that his descendants changed the pronunciation and spelling of his name to bales? I know names have been changed in past centuries and eons more than we care to know. But really, this is disrespectful to the man's and family's name. If people wish to make fun of his name then so be it. But it shows their lack of class. I can't fathom seeing a man's/family's name being changed due to the lack of understanding of current society in a case like this. It's their choice though and i can respect that. But inwardly it's such a folly to me. I suppose there are exceptions I haven't thought of but to relinquish like this is such... oh I cannot even think about it...

Edited by Pilsner