House fails to renew Patriot Act by 7 votes...

boyst

You make a point of noting that the Tea Party is calling it a success, but I'm curious why you don't note that the progressives consider this a success as well? I mean, progressives DO consider this a success, right? If you read the HuffPost, most of those people are happy the government is going to finally STOP listening in on THEIR phone calls. So it seems like it's a win for progressives, but based on your thread title, that is apparently not be the case.

Are progressives not considering this a win? So why, in your mind, is this just a Tea Party success? What happened to the progressive movement that is has reached a point where they don't consider this a success?

Think it through, conner, and answer with some thought.

Or is this just another "Why won't Glenn Beck go away" but "I like Glenn Beck" masterpiece you plan to puke on the board?

You make a point of noting that the Tea Party is calling it a success, but I'm curious why you don't note that the progressives consider this a success as well? I mean, progressives DO consider this a success, right? If you read the HuffPost, most of those people are happy the government is going to finally STOP listening in on THEIR phone calls. So it seems like it's a win for progressives, but based on your thread title, that is apparently not be the case.

Are progressives not considering this a win? So why, in your mind, is this just a Tea Party success? What happened to the progressive movement that is has reached a point where they don't consider this a success?

Think it through, conner, and answer with some thought.

Or is this just another "Why won't Glenn Beck go away" but "I like Glenn Beck" masterpiece you plan to puke on the board?

I am just passing the headlines. I did not get the story from any of those sites and instead got it from Twitter per Roger Ebert. I do not read the Huffington Post but thought to look there for the story after few other sites had links. I would have linked Fox News had they had a link up early enough. Ebert had it up that Dems and Tea Party succeeded in beating the GOP and the "careless Bush-era law." I am not claiming it as the truth or him a political reporter but think it will be funny that every news source will tout this as a Tea Party win and the party will remind us.

Personally, I think the Tea Party is silly, you act like I am a major liberal and actually care about others. In reality I am a conservative libertarian who believes the Gov should stay out of our lives, so regardless who "wins" with the Patriot Act I just want it to go away. I want many laws to go away, I would love to be able to check my email while I drive with a license plate cover that hides the state in which I live while reading the Wikileaks documents carrying a sawed off double barrel shotgun and smoking a big fat cigar with a case of 4Loco in the trunk all while talking to on the cell phone and baking a pie. But, like so many other things, the Government "cares" too much about me to let me do the things I want to do. They care too much about the terrorists attacking me that they want to be able to wiretap my phones, spy on my neighbor, or break the laws set forth by the Constituion. Sorry, I just value my freedom, but call me what you want...

Then again, that sort of sounds like Glenn Beck, huh? But, I do not know what he's up to these days, I don't have cable and have not listened to him since sitting in the break room at my last job. Why is it that I cannot respect someone with a knowledgeable opinion on something and still not like what he stands for or what says? I mean, I think a lot of Rosie O'Donnell. She says what she feels, often well put and speaking with some sense and knowledge on the subject but I will never think that the World Trade Center was an inside job and probably most everything else she beleives.

Ultimately, and unfortunately, Obama will be strong armed to sign this and that is what I am most concerned with in this issue. When he does sign this we will all be subjected to a loss, regardless of what affiliation you have politically and the only ones that will have won are the terrorists. Again.