Federal Taxes Lowest Since 1950!

I hope we can at least agree that taxes are at historicallly low levels, or do you all follow the teabagger line that we are dying of over taxation?

Compared to what? So you're cool with paying almost 50% of your income in taxes? Hell dude, that's just income taxes. Add all the other taxes and fees and tolls and "fines" to the government.

1. you are not looking for a product you are looking for a ratio or a percentage that's what share means and it tells you nothing of what GDP or tax revenues are in absolute values just what there relationship to each other are.

2. Just because the statutory tax rates stayed the same doesn't mean effective tax rates stayed the same.

3. You have a lot of nerve giving a math lesson to anyone.

You're accusing somone of faulty info?

I don't know how many times I corrected you over the past few months.

That is just priceless :lol:

I hope we can at least agree that taxes are at historicallly low levels, or do you all follow the teabagger line that we are dying of over taxation?

Taxes are at historically low levels as a percent of GDP.

Taxes are also at historically high levels in an absolute sense.

Taxes are also at historically low levels as a percent of government spending (the government will borrow 40 cents for every dollar it spends in 2011).

But you're okay with the government taking in record taxes that still don't cover expenditures...because a single ratio that you don't understand is at a historic low.

Dumbass.

Taxes are at historically low levels as a percent of GDP.

Taxes are also at historically high levels in an absolute sense.

Taxes are also at historically low levels as a percent of government spending (the government will borrow 40 cents for every dollar it spends in 2011).

But you're okay with the government taking in record taxes that still don't cover expenditures...because a single ratio that you don't understand is at a historic low.

Dumbass.

But he got to write "teabaggers" in public again, so that's something.

Dave in Norfolk:

It is with deep regret that your application for the position of Connor is rejected. While we feel that you have the intelligence to fulfill the requirements of the job, you quite frankly, lack the panache. Don't despair, there may be temporary positions open filling in for Pasta Joe, Exhiled In Illinois and lybob from time to time.

Sincerely,

Mr. I. pBills

FUBAR Corp

1600 PA Ave.

Washington, D.C.