4 Bills triggered escalator clauses in their contracts

Beerball

I realize it was a paltry $50k increase, but still, Evans triggered an escalator? Any guesses on what it might be - he didn't even start all 16 games!

He gets a 25k bonus every time he goes over the middle.

Edited by Stl Bills

Fitzpatrick got screwed... can't imagine he didn't meet almost every criteria in his contract.

Of course it's sad when only getting an additional $300,000 is considered miniscule

Edited by 5 Wide

Fitzpatrick got screwed... can't imagine he didn't meet almost every criteria in his contract.

Of course it's sad when only getting an additional $300,000 is considered miniscule

Oh ya, Fitz is getting jobbed! Around 1999, 12 years ago we had two $5 million per year QBs on the roster in Flutie and Johnson. Now it's 2011. With all the appropriate increases in salary we have a guy who is equally as good with some decent potential as the undisputed starter for the first time in his career making $3 million and change. It was only one year but if Fitz plays equally as well or I would assume even better in 2011 the guy deserves a raise.

:w00t: that was funny :w00t:

Interesting to see Calvin Johnson actually lose money. I know he missed games but who would sign a contract with a clause that would pay you less.

Edited by MotownBillsFan

Interesting to see Calvin Johnson actually lose money. I know he missed games but who would sign a contract with a clause that would pay you less.

This from the bottom of the page:

- Calvin Johnson reached a contractual incentive in 2010 that reduced his 2011 base salary by $1,575,482. The same incentive increased his 2012 salary by the same amount, and is now scheduled to earn $14 million in the final season of his contract.

Oh ya, Fitz is getting jobbed! Around 1999, 12 years ago we had two $5 million per year QBs on the roster in Flutie and Johnson. Now it's 2011. With all the appropriate increases in salary we have a guy who is equally as good with some decent potential as the undisputed starter for the first time in his career making $3 million and change. It was only one year but if Fitz plays equally as well or I would assume even better in 2011 the guy deserves a raise.

Jobbed? He QB'd the 3rd worst team in the NFL and had never done a thing to distinguish himself prior. Unless he didn't get paid for riding the pine in the past.....I don't get your point.

But don't worry about him being underpaid, if the Bills don't find a better QB they will soon be paying him 8 digits annually whether he becomes the next Rich Gannon or just the next Jay Fiedler.