(OT) WFAN Reporting Pedro Martinez..

Like A Mofo

I know a lot of Mets fans are gonna say this is a bad move but if this is done I think its just the opposite:

Pedro is going back to the NL which should lenghten his starts a bit, facing a pitcher, in a pitchers park. And he is a face for the organization. People will pay to watch him pitch on a weeknight in May.

I know a lot of Mets fans are gonna say this is a bad move but I think its just the opposite:

Pedro is going back to the NL which should lenghten his starts a bit, facing a pitcher, in a pitchers park.  And he is a face for the organization.  People will pay to watch him pitch on a weeknight in May.

158714[/snapback]

I heard the deciding factor was the chance to bang Kris Bensons wife.. ;)

The Mets really need to bring back their royal blue hats with the solid orange logo. Those goofy black hats with the multi-colored NY logos look like Yankee knock-offs from some movie where they couldn't secure the actual rights to portray the Yankees.

What? Pedro? Oh, uh, alright whatever.

Every Boston media outlet is reporting that it is done, although the Sox haven't been officially notified.

Too damn bad, he was GREAT here, and no offense but the Mets are still going to blow.

158726[/snapback]

I am suprised he left Boston if all the reports are true

Well, Petey's been damn good for the Sox, but it is not clear that he has 3 more years left in him let alone 4.

I wish him the best, but I think the Sox made a very reasonable offer considering the longevity concerns and the Mets are paying him way to freakin much. I guess I can't blame him for taking the cash.

The Sox will ultimately be better served spending that money eslewhere.

I know a lot of Mets fans are gonna say this is a bad move but if this is done I think its just the opposite:

Pedro is going back to the NL which should lenghten his starts a bit, facing a pitcher, in a pitchers park.  And he is a face for the organization.  People will pay to watch him pitch on a weeknight in May.

158714[/snapback]

You, sir, have bingo.

As a matter of fact, as good of a signing as it is for the Mets, I think it's just as good a NON-signing by the Red Sox. The increased workload and wear-and-tear in the AL wouldn't be good for Pedro (or his lifetime state, which he is understandably worried about. He's got his ring, and it's time for him to go.

Good luck and thank you, Pedro!

You, sir, have bingo.

As a matter of fact, as good of a signing as it is for the Mets, I think it's just as good a NON-signing by the Red Sox.  The increased workload and wear-and-tear in the AL wouldn't be good for Pedro (or his lifetime state, which he is understandably worried about.  He's got his ring, and it's time for him to go.

Good luck and thanks, Pedro!

158759[/snapback]

if the Sox can get Hudson or Zito from the A's...I think it will be better than re-signing Pete

You, sir, have bingo.

As a matter of fact, as good of a signing as it is for the Mets, I think it's just as good a NON-signing by the Red Sox.  The increased workload and wear-and-tear in the AL wouldn't be good for Pedro (or his lifetime state, which he is understandably worried about.  He's got his ring, and it's time for him to go.

Good luck and thanks, Pedro!

158759[/snapback]

Your last statement is a good one, and maybe that is part of the reason the Red Sox let him walk. Maybe they figured his fragile frame and the fact he has now won his WS, maybe his motivation wouldnt be the same. If I were a Red Sox fan, I would look at this as a "wait and see" and see how the team looks after all the signings, trades, etc.

You, sir, have bingo.

Good luck and thank you, Pedro!

158759[/snapback]

Didnt they say the same about The Rocket also?