Just shut up! you don't know how good you have it.

Orchard Park, 14127 but very close to Lackawanna and West Seneca. Not "real OP" but that was the mailing address. I no idea why I was sent to West and not OP. I could walk to my Buddy's house in 5 minutes and he went to East.

My wife went to LA HS... Lived right off Abbott, next to OP... Her other part of the family lived in OP across the border and they went to West also... Just a mile away, she went to LA. In South Cheektowaga (on the WS border) where I grew up... We actually have an OP/WS/Elma phone exchange (674)... My father still has it till this day.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife went to LA HS... Lived right off Abbott, next to OP... Her other part of the family lived in OP across the border and they went to West also... Just a mile away, she went to LA. In South Cheektowaga (on the WS border) where I grew up... We actually have an OP/WS/Elma phone exchange (674)... My father still has it till this day.

I think Abbott was the OP-Lackawanna border-Berg the OP West Seneca border. I had a lot of Friends that lived on Willet road and went to LA HS- Glad didn't have to, the place sounded like a race riot waiting to happen.

I think Abbott was the OP-Lackawanna border-Berg the OP West Seneca border. I had a lot of Friends that lived on Willet road and went to LA HS- Glad didn't have to, the place sounded like a race riot waiting to happen.

:lol: That is what I though when I first met her.

She graduated in '85... Things were I take a bit better??

I know one thing the solution is not to legislate personal choice and business operations. The answer may lie in finding creative ways to align the interests of health care insurers with that of the insuree. Maybe instead of playing a passive roll in our health decisions we are given incentives($) from insurers to take a more active roll. Question Doctors costs, the procedures and their costs, medication and their costs, statements. Ask for discounts, free samples, pharm coupons etc.. Maybe Hospitals and care groups should be require to advertise the price of procedures, so we could shop around for not only the best care but best prices. Price-grabber for health.

Spot on! We as a society spend much more time researching the cost and reliability of our televisions or refrigerators than a knee or hip replacement. Why question the price when the deductible will be the same no matter what.