Just shut up! you don't know how good you have it.

I missed the part where a company is required to provide health care to its employees.

They are not required as you know most do something along the lines to help bring in better candidates/employees. I love how people though act as though everything was fine before the bill. Blinders on, prices were fine, everything was perfect.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are not required as you know most do something along the lines to help bring in better candidates/employees. I love how people though act as though everything was fine before the bill. Blinders on, prices were fine, everything was perfect.

Oh yes I agree, throwing gas on a fire is always the best solution. I feel so smart!

Oh yes I agree, throwing gas on a fire is always the best solution. I feel so smart!

Doing nothing doesn't help either.

I have always thought the health insurance industry right now has it made... they were jacking up rates before the bill. Now they can jack the rates up even higher and just blame someone else. Sad thing is that most people are to dumb to see that. It's all the bills fault, not the industry.

I have always thought the health insurance industry right now has it made... they were jacking up rates before the bill. Now they can jack the rates up even higher and just blame someone else. Sad thing is that most people are to dumb to see that. It's all the bills fault, not the industry.

I know one thing the solution is not to legislate personal choice and business operations. The answer may lie in finding creative ways to align the interests of health care insurers with that of the insuree. Maybe instead of playing a passive roll in our health decisions we are given incentives($) from insurers to take a more active roll. Question Doctors costs, the procedures and their costs, medication and their costs, statements. Ask for discounts, free samples, pharm coupons etc.. Maybe Hospitals and care groups should be require to advertise the price of procedures, so we could shop around for not only the best care but best prices. Price-grabber for health.

Edited by whateverdude

"Doing nothing doesn't help" in no way justifies doing something that actually makes a bad situation worse. That is what this bill does. It was supposed to bring costs down while expanding coverage. What it is already doing is bringing costs up while reducing coverage options, which does one thing: bring rates up MORE.

It's a horrible, embarrassing excuse for a bill, and so far the only way you seem able to defend it is with speculation (costs were going up any way) and a completely bogus belief that the bill is better than doing nothing when in fact the bill is proven on a daily basis to be actually WORSE than doing nothing.

This is probably where you roll out eight-year-old Billy in a wheelchair, or link to the MSNBC story about how Congresswoman Gifford's brain surgery is covered with her insurance, but most people don't have that luxury.

You need to see this bill for what it is, not for what you hope it might be one day because it was not written to address the rising costs of health care. It was written to get enough votes to pass it.

By looking at those who are not satisfied with the motto "just to serve and keep pace" and seeing them as those who just want to "line your pocket," you're supporting a very defeated way of thinking. Just because your professional goal is to "keep pace" doesn't make it either the right goal, or the standard for everyone else. Some people prefer to set the pace. You just want to keep up. Third place is pretty good because you still get a little medal. That's fine. The world needs ditch diggers.

But it doesn't need JUST ditch diggers.

You somehow think that those who constantly need to be challenged -- those who see reaching a goal as not another accomplishment, but also establishing a new target to beat -- comprise an evil group of selfish, pocket-lining monsters. While there are always those who seek to advance themselves by deceiving the less fortunate, they are the exception and not the rule. Eliminate those who fight for more, and all you have are people standing around digging ditches. Not to mention the most obvious point you seem to overlook; who in the hell do you think is paying you ditch-diggers? Other ditch-diggers? :lol:

:blink:

You are rambling. Even I can't make heads or tails out of your post... I am trying though... I am keeping an open mind.

What part of "BUSINESS MODEL" do you not understand?

There is no viable business model for HC... Quit dreaming.

:blink:

You are rambling. Even I can't make heads or tails out of your post... I am trying though... I am keeping an open mind.

I'm not surprised it doesn't make sense to you. What he's saying that you feel that people that strive to and succeed in making more money do so solely at the expense of others. See I increased my income 500% only by doing one thing. Helping others. And guess what some of them were widow and orphans or future widows and orphans that will write me thank you notes. Funny you have no clue what I do and how I do it and more importantly why I do it but you feel compelled to comment on it offen

There is no viable business model for HC... Quit dreaming.

1) Yes, there is. It's called: stop trying to pretend that death is avoidable.

2) I'm talking about an insurer that's shutting down their health insurance division because health INSURANCE is no longer a viable business model. Not health CARE, you dimwit.

1) Yes, there is. It's called: stop trying to pretend that death is avoidable.

2) I'm talking about an insurer that's shutting down their health insurance division because health INSURANCE is no longer a viable business model. Not health CARE, you dimwit.

For real, I wish half the state of Florida WOULD DIE ALREADY, Geesh! It's like Day of the Dead down there.

In other words, you've got nothing so you'll keep trying to push a narrative that even conner wouldn't accept.

Let me do it in Crayola for that very simple mind of yours.

See Jim. Jim earns money. Jim decides to work harder than those around him. Jim earns more money than most people around him.

See Eric. Eric earns money. Eric is unable to comprehend a world where working harder earns him more money, and thinks he's doing everyone a favor just because he doesn't cry every day about the COLA increase he didn't get, yet somehow thinks he is owed. Eric decides that what he's doing is good enough for Eric.

See Eric then decide that what Jim is doing is bad.

Does Eric think it's bad because Jim is taking advantage of less fortunate? Well, that's what Eric says, but the reality is, Eric says it's bad because it in the real world Eric is a lazy, unmotivated, dime-a-dozen 9-to-5'er who is unable to accept the fact that if it weren't for people like Jim, people like Eric wouldn't have a phucking job.

I'm not surprised it doesn't make sense to you. What he's saying that you feel that people that strive to and succeed in making more money do so solely at the expense of others. See I increased my income 500% only by doing one thing. Helping others. And guess what some of them were widow and orphans or future widows and orphans that will write me thank you notes. Funny you have no clue what I do and how I do it and more importantly why I do it but you feel compelled to comment on it offen

Denial is not just a river in Egypt. Who'd you hurt along the way... Of course you will say nada...:doh:

In other words, you've got nothing so you'll keep trying to push a narrative that even conner wouldn't accept.

Let me do it in Crayola for that very simple mind of yours.

See Jim. Jim earns money. Jim decides to work harder than those around him. Jim earns more money than most people around him.

See Eric. Eric earns money. Eric is unable to comprehend a world where working harder earns him more money, and thinks he's doing everyone a favor just because he doesn't cry every day about the COLA increase he didn't get, yet somehow thinks he is owed. Eric decides that what he's doing is good enough for Eric.

See Eric then decide that what Jim is doing is bad.

Does Eric think it's bad because Jim is taking advantage of less fortunate? Well, that's what Eric says, but the reality is, Eric says it's bad because it in the real world Eric is a lazy, unmotivated, dime-a-dozen 9-to-5'er who is unable to accept the fact that if it weren't for people like Jim, people like Eric wouldn't have a phucking job.

Since we are on a first name basis... Whatever you say Mark. It could be worse, My name could be J.P. Boy I would hate to see that abomination of a name plastered all over the board. For me... Eric seems pretty cool.

:P

Denial is not just a river in Egypt. Who'd you hurt along the way... Of course you will say nada...:doh:

Since we are on a first name basis... Whatever you say Mark. It could be worse, My name could be J.P. Boy I would hate to see that abomination of a name plastered all over the board. For me... Eric seems pretty cool.

:P

I do think it is pretty uncool how they keep throwing your name around. How did AD get it anyway?

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

I haven't heard that cliche since like the 90s. Now my head hurts.

My name could be J.P. Boy I would hate to see that abomination of a name plastered all over the board.

It could be worse. Your name could be RJ. Or OsamaBinIllinois

So seeing you know what I do for a living and why I do it why don't you explain it for everyone else so they can see what I do. It's not my position to tell you I've hurt no one. You brought it up. Who could I have possibly hurt?

So seeing you know what I do for a living and why I do it why don't you explain it for everyone else so they can see what I do. It's not my position to tell you I've hurt no one. You brought it up. Who could I have possibly hurt?

Everyone you ever took money from in exchange for your service. Services should be free, which is why they need to be provided by the government, who we don't have to pay for services (taxes don't count, because that's other people's money, and the government doesn't take it, it already owns it and in its graciousness gives some back every April 15th.)

I do think it is pretty uncool how they keep throwing your name around. How did AD get it anyway?

AD is the only one I gave it too. He PM'd me one time and I always sign my name at the end of a PM. It is no big deal... My name is Eric and I grew up in South Cheektowaga and went to West Seneca West... I am still EiL though.

AD is the only one I gave it too. He PM'd me one time and I always sign my name at the end of a PM. It is no big deal... My name is Eric and I grew up in South Cheektowaga and went to West Seneca West... I am still EiL though.

West Seneca West grad myself, 1974. And I could care less if people know my name is Jim. What's the harm?

West Seneca West grad myself, 1974. And I could care less if people know my name is Jim. What's the harm?

Yikes, I was 1986... Have siblings that were 1982 and 1981. Where did you grow up? What part of town? The borders have changed back and forth... At first some on my street went to East (right before my brother and sister) and then after me, the border changed again back to East... I think that is where it is now??

Exactly. I guess it is just the way they use it... I wouldn't mind, but it is always in condescending manner when it shows up... Figures, it was Darin I PM'd it too... I wouldn't have minded... Just ask & show the courtesy towards others... I would have most certainly said yes. There are many on here that I know the names of, but I would always ask first if it isn't in the screen name somewhere. Very few times will I fire back like in the LA or GG spats I get into.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Yikes, I was 1986... Have siblings that were 1982 and 1981. Where did you grow up? What part of town? The borders have changed back and forth... At first some on my street went to East (right before my brother and sister) and then after me, the border changed again back to East... I think that is where it is now??

Exactly. I guess it is just the way they use it... I wouldn't mind, but it is always in condescending manner when it shows up... Figures, it was Darin I PM'd it too... I wouldn't have minded... Just ask & show the courtesy towards others... I would have most certainly said yes. There are many on here that I know the names of, but I would always ask first if it isn't in the screen name somewhere. Very few times will I fire back like in the LA or GG spats I get into.

Orchard Park, 14127 but very close to Lackawanna and West Seneca. Not "real OP" but that was the mailing address. I no idea why I was sent to West and not OP. I could walk to my Buddy's house in 5 minutes and he went to East.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage