Just shut up! you don't know how good you have it.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be more pleased with that news if I hadn't found out today that my health care costs just doubled.

Just today?

To quote the OP: "Just shut up, you don't know how good you have it."

Some people's HC have been going way up for many years now.

I am doing my part... I won't get a COLA/raise from my employer (the Fed/DoD) for at least 2 years... Maybe 5. Now couple that with skyrocketing HC premiums the past 10 years. Hey, I am not complaining... Just doing my part! :thumbsup:

Remember... Just shut up, you don't know how good you have it."

:P

Just today?

To quote the OP: "Just shut up, you don't know how good you have it."

Some people's HC have been going way up for many years now.

I am doing my part... I won't get a COLA/raise from my employer (the Fed/DoD) for at least 2 years... Maybe 5. Now couple that with skyrocketing HC premiums the past 10 years. Hey, I am not complaining... Just doing my part! :thumbsup:

Remember... Just shut up, you don't know how good you have it."

:P

I have not got a COLA raise from my employer in 10 years but my income has gone up over 500%. Gee how did that happen???

I have not got a COLA raise from my employer in 10 years but my income has gone up over 500%. Gee how did that happen???

Apples and oranges... You are in your trade to line your pocket... I am not... Just to serve and keep pace... That is why the COLA sometimes exists.

We are in different businesses. In the last 10 years in my line of work shipping customers that I deal with went up... Of course not enough to justify 500% increase in income... But business has been picking up a lot every year and growing... Even during down times. I do BILLIONS of dollars in business per year that funnels directly into the economy. Again, just different businesses. I suppose if things where I work was privately owned people would be taking a greedy cut... It is not about that. I am not complaining, I wouldn't trade that selfless service for the world. Even without a raise, I am compensated fairly. I suppose things have to do with my indfifference to money. This doesn't mean I don't protect myself. I just need way less.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I'd be more pleased with that news if I hadn't found out today that my health care costs just doubled.

But without Obamacare, your health care costs would have tripled. Much like without the Recovery Act, unemployment would be at 18% right now.

See, we’re in Italy. The guy on the top bunk, he’s gotta make the guy on the bottom’s bunk… he’s gotta make his bed, all the time. See, it’s in the regulations. See, if we were in Germany, I’d have to make yours. But we’re in Italy, so you gotta make mine. Regulations.

Apples and oranges... You are in your trade to line your pocket... I am not... Just to serve and keep pace...

By looking at those who are not satisfied with the motto "just to serve and keep pace" and seeing them as those who just want to "line your pocket," you're supporting a very defeated way of thinking. Just because your professional goal is to "keep pace" doesn't make it either the right goal, or the standard for everyone else. Some people prefer to set the pace. You just want to keep up. Third place is pretty good because you still get a little medal. That's fine. The world needs ditch diggers.

But it doesn't need JUST ditch diggers.

You somehow think that those who constantly need to be challenged -- those who see reaching a goal as not another accomplishment, but also establishing a new target to beat -- comprise an evil group of selfish, pocket-lining monsters. While there are always those who seek to advance themselves by deceiving the less fortunate, they are the exception and not the rule. Eliminate those who fight for more, and all you have are people standing around digging ditches. Not to mention the most obvious point you seem to overlook; who in the hell do you think is paying you ditch-diggers? Other ditch-diggers? :lol:

But without Obamacare, your health care costs would have tripled. Much like without the Recovery Act, unemployment would be at 18% right now.

See, we’re in Italy. The guy on the top bunk, he’s gotta make the guy on the bottom’s bunk… he’s gotta make his bed, all the time. See, it’s in the regulations. See, if we were in Germany, I’d have to make yours. But we’re in Italy, so you gotta make mine. Regulations.

Point of clarification: our health care costs at least doubled, as we have to pick up new health insurance (if we can get it, as my wife is a cancer patient), because our existing health insurance ceased coverage.

I found out from the insurance company last night why our existing insurance ceased coverage. Turns out, the insurance company is dropping everyone's, as they're winding down their health insurance segment, as health insurance is no longer a viable business model under the existing laws and regulations.

It's the Vietnam model of health reform: "We had to destroy it to save it." Thanks, Obamacare! :thumbsup:

Yeah. No one saw that coming. Totally unexpected. <_<

Sad thing is that health insurance for many EVEN WITH a company paying a portion per month was not viable. I don't know a lot of people who can drop $1,000 per month on it.

What part of "BUSINESS MODEL" do you not understand?

For a company to have their employees pay say 10% which is one case I went through. To cover my family would have cost me $1,200 and change per month. I understand how businesses want to push more of those costs to the employees however it still doesn't justify ridiculous costs. People act as though the insurance rates were great before this bill. Fact of the matter is that they weren't and they were going up each year.

For a company to have their employees pay say 10% which is one case I went through. To cover my family would have cost me $1,200 and change per month. I understand how businesses want to push more of those costs to the employees however it still doesn't justify ridiculous costs. People act as though the insurance rates were great before this bill. Fact of the matter is that they weren't and they were going up each year.

I missed the part where a company is required to provide health care to its employees.

:wallbash:

You're an idiot.