1st Ballot Hall of Famer ?? NOT !!!

T master

I can't believe it !! They must be talking to the baseball writers or something . For who ever to vote Deon Sanders to the Hall of Fame on his first nomination i think is a joke . :sick:

I have lived in Ft. Myers for years now , the guy THINKS he is gods gift to what ever he touches . And by his talk on the tube it urcks me to no end that it was all about his mother & nothing or no one else , which don't get me wrong MOM'S ROCK !! & can be the best influence we have in our life & sounds like his mom was in his too .

But there had to be others instrumental in his career ???

All other candidates were much more humbled (as they should be) by there induction , look at Faulk & Sharpes reaction !! That is what it's all about not being some cocky b*st*rd !!!

There are very few that make it to the HOF & it deserves better than Sanders !! Not that he may not belong but not 1st time !!

Then just for some icing on the cake , our own Andre Reed his 4th time up & they take that jack ass over him ???????? as they say on ESPN ----- COME ON MAN :angry: !!!!!!!!!

I don't know what you all think , (but as you can probably tell) I think there were other candidates that (IMHO) should have went long before the so called - prime time :doh:

Sure the guy was a good player but NOT A FIRST BALLOT HALL OF FAMER !!!!!!!! :w00t:

COME ON MAN !!!!!!

Sure the guy was a good player but NOT A FIRST BALLOT HALL OF FAMER !!!!!!!!

Hmmm. I could've sworn somewhere I read that he was.

I'm guessing you don't like Mr. Sanders. OK, but, his off field performance has nothing to do with is performance on the gridiron.

So the greatest CB to basically ever play this game doesn't deserve to be in the HOF?

I wouldn't go that far. Sure, he's deserving of the Hall, but, you ever heard of Darrell Green?

You can hate on the person all you want. But being egotistical does not disqualify you from eligibility to the HOF.

There is simply no denying Sanders as one of the greatest to ever play his position. Even if he wasn't such a great return player or occasional offensive threat, he'd STILL merit induction based on his play at CB alone.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, the two best I've ever seen in person were Robert James and Sanders. James because his bump and run man-to-man literally shut down the other teams' best receivers. He made it look routine. Sanders literally took a third of the field away from teams. That seriously limits what an offense can do in the passing game and makes it so much easier for teams to pass- defend a smaller field.

Many around here say he shouldn't be inducted because he was so weak at tackling. Well, if I'm his coach, I'm ok with him turning the play in (which he was GREAT at) rather than being another Winfield. Being a great tackler at the CB position is a "nice" to have. It ain't what they're paid the big bucks for though. But that's another discussion.

GO BILLS!!!

So the greatest CB to basically ever play this game doesn't deserve to be in the HOF? Oh, alright. Reed will get in. It will just take a few more years. By any chance, did Sanders have sex with your wife, girlfriend, mother, and/or sister?

Your true intelligence show through in your comment !!! (must be from NYC) Plus you have to be able to understand and comprehend the text as it was intended !!!

AS I SAID !!! the guy is good !! & deserves to be in the HOF -

BUT NOT 1st BALLOT !!

The HOF has better in it & the only way he is the best to ever play the game at that position is in his own (& your) mind !!!

Darrel Green is the prototype career at that position !!! :worthy:

...Darrel Green is the prototype career at that position !!! :worthy:

I agree about Darrel Green and think he's a good comparison to Sanders. He was also one of the best CBs I ever saw in person. Certainly deserving of his 1st ballot induction (the subjectivity of the voting process not withstanding).

But I'm curious as to your own criteria that would include Green but not Sanders. What impact did Green's play have on the game that Sanders' didn't?

GO BILLS!!!

So the greatest CB to basically ever play this game doesn't deserve to be in the HOF? Oh, alright. Reed will get in. It will just take a few more years. By any chance, did Sanders have sex with your wife, girlfriend, mother, and/or sister?

As Darth Vader said, "Luke, I'm your father"

I can't believe it !! They must be talking to the baseball writers or something . For who ever to vote Deon Sanders to the Hall of Fame on his first nomination i think is a joke . :sick:

I have lived in Ft. Myers for years now , the guy THINKS he is gods gift to what ever he touches . And by his talk on the tube it urcks me to no end that it was all about his mother & nothing or no one else , which don't get me wrong MOM'S ROCK !! & can be the best influence we have in our life & sounds like his mom was in his too .

But there had to be others instrumental in his career ???

All other candidates were much more humbled (as they should be) by there induction , look at Faulk & Sharpes reaction !! That is what it's all about not being some cocky b*st*rd !!!

There are very few that make it to the HOF & it deserves better than Sanders !! Not that he may not belong but not 1st time !!

Then just for some icing on the cake , our own Andre Reed his 4th time up & they take that jack ass over him ???????? as they say on ESPN ----- COME ON MAN :angry: !!!!!!!!!

I don't know what you all think , (but as you can probably tell) I think there were other candidates that (IMHO) should have went long before the so called - prime time :doh:

Sure the guy was a good player but NOT A FIRST BALLOT HALL OF FAMER !!!!!!!! :w00t:

COME ON MAN !!!!!!

This actually is another demonstration that this is the Hall of FAME and not the Hall of Great Stats or the Hall of Good Character.

I have no problem with his winning this popularity contest 1st time out or whenever.

The HOF voting is under no illusion (except for folks who get exercised about the results) that it is about even reasonable character (OJ is still in) or about good stats.

This actually is another demonstration that this is the Hall of FAME and not the Hall of Great Stats or the Hall of Good Character.

I have no problem with his winning this popularity contest 1st time out or whenever.

The HOF voting is under no illusion (except for folks who get exercised about the results) that it is about even reasonable character (OJ is still in) or about good stats.

:worthy:

That's why when his time comes, T.O. should be a 1st-ballot LOCK.

When Troy Aikman won't throw to Michael Irvin or Alvin Harper if they're on Deon's side of the field and the 49ers start lining Jerry Rice up in the backfield to get him away from Sanders, then you'd have to think that Sanders may be a first ballot HOFer.

What do you mean? Deion didn't have good stats? All time leader in non-offensive TD's...Pretty good to me. Character? You might not like him, but what were his character issues?

If you don't like it...don't like it. You just can't make **** up to shape a weak argument.

This almost sounded true...hate to cloud your argument with facts.