Yet another mock draft

frogger

We drafted Troup in the 2nd round last year and have Kyle Williams. I can't see any reason why Nix would waste a high pick like that on another NT. Andy Dalton is will be a garbage NFL QB. I think Matthews going in the 3rd round is too high. Teams will overdraft him based on bloodline and not actual talent. Moch is the kind of guy where teams will love his speed but hate his size, decision making, and football instincts (he has none). He's an athlete, not a football player. Have never liked him once I actually looked at him (but was intrigued by his speed).

I've seen this arguement from you, on Moch, before. Because your other posts prove, to me anyway, you have some sort of football sense between your ears, can you elaborate? My take is exactly opposite...he's garned Def POY in the WAC 2 years running, is in most the top 10 measurable categories for his postion in NCAA record books, and I've watched the kid play...more than once. He plays with great leverage and seems to be around the ball... A LOT. He may be overly dependent on his speed at the collegiate level, but it seems to me like the kid IS, in fact, football savy...What do you see that is different?

The staff of bleacherreport also thought the Black Eyed Peas was a great halftime show....

The performance at Super Bowl XLV at Cowboys Stadium in Dallas is, in my opinion, the top Super Bowl halftime show in the history of the NFL.

The choreography was amazing as the dancers wore suits that had lights of many colors that became a red heart during Where is the Love? Robot-looking dancers were on stage for the finale.

And that's without mentioning will.i.am's 4.00 40.

Edited by Mr. WEO

If we draft a CB with the #3 pick in the draft I'm going to throw my shoe through the TV. If we don't go DL or LB at 1, heck, pick AJ Green. WR is a much bigger need than CB right now. If we can't stop the run up front, it doesn't matter who the CBs are.

Edited by reddogblitz

Not enough focus on the secondary. They also need to concentrate more on receivers and running backs.

They do? Receivers and running backs? With Jackson and Spiller at RB, and with Easley and Parrish added to WR next season, how do you see this as a priority need? The key problem for the offense is that the defense can't get the opponent off the field often enough. It really doesn't matter how great your offense is if it's sitting on the bench watching the D flounder around.

Fix the D so it gets lots more three and outs, and the offense gets at least two more possessions per game. I think you'll be surprised how "improved" the offense will look with two, three or more additional possessions per game.

If we draft a CB with the #3 pick in the draft I'm going to throw my shoe through the TV. If we don't go DL or LB at 1, heck, pick AJ Green. WR is a much bigger need than CB right now. If we can't stop the run up front, it doesn't matter who the CBs are.

Really? With Florence possibly on his way out (and not getting any younger), McGee just about done with his career due to injury, that leaves us with only McKelvin, Corner, and Youboty. Also Whitner might be gone and they say Peterson can play Safety.

Our WR core currently looks like: Evans, Johnson, Parrish, Nelson, Jones, Roosevelt, Easley. We'll have to cut at least one of them as well.

Im not saying we SHOULD pick a CB at #3, and I do like Green more than Peterson. But as far as needs go, CB/DB is a much bigger need than WR.

They do? Receivers and running backs? With Jackson and Spiller at RB, and with Easley and Parrish added to WR next season, how do you see this as a priority need? The key problem for the offense is that the defense can't get the opponent off the field often enough. It really doesn't matter how great your offense is if it's sitting on the bench watching the D flounder around.

Fix the D so it gets lots more three and outs, and the offense gets at least two more possessions per game. I think you'll be surprised how "improved" the offense will look with two, three or more additional possessions per game.

You must not know Bill's posting very well. I believe that was sarcasm. :thumbsup:

Although I think Patrick Peterson has a few red flags, makes me very unfomrtable to take #3 overall. Drafting a CB that has stiff hips is like drafting a WR that has bad hands.

The secondary is actually a huge concern in 2011.

McGee is often injured, McKelvin hasn't proven to excel in man on man coverage or really even zone coverage. Donte, Youbooty, George Wilson, and Florence are all Free Agents. Reggie Corner seems like just a guy.

Bryan Scott and Byrd are left as safty.

Don't take this as I'm advocating for Peterson, there are other rounds after the 1st round of the draft and imo they need to sign Florence, Youbooty, and George Wilson as soon as the ink on CBA is dry.

I'm just saying even though we pick a lot of DBs in the draft every year, we don't often sign them past their rookie contract, which means you have to keep taking DBs every year.

Its essential that McGee returns to form in 2011.

Really? With Florence possibly on his way out (and not getting any younger), McGee just about done with his career due to injury, that leaves us with only McKelvin, Corner, and Youboty. Also Whitner might be gone and they say Peterson can play Safety.

Our WR core currently looks like: Evans, Johnson, Parrish, Nelson, Jones, Roosevelt, Easley. We'll have to cut at least one of them as well.

Im not saying we SHOULD pick a CB at #3, and I do like Green more than Peterson. But as far as needs go, CB/DB is a much bigger need than WR.

You must not know Bill's posting very well. I believe that was sarcasm. :thumbsup:

Right on Dank

:thumbsup:

You must be a faster typer than me.

Edited by Why So Serious?