Obama won't take a side

judman

Clip from ESPN:

With the Bears on the sidelines, losers to the Packers in the NFC championship game, Obama has pronounced himself neutral -- unlike last year, when he was "pretty sympathetic" to the New Orleans Saints, or the previous year when he rooted for the Steelers.

I thought he was all buddy-buddy with the Rooney Family. No love for the Steelers this year even though they are playing against Chicago's arch rival Green Bay?

Clip from ESPN:

With the Bears on the sidelines, losers to the Packers in the NFC championship game, Obama has pronounced himself neutral -- unlike last year, when he was "pretty sympathetic" to the New Orleans Saints, or the previous year when he rooted for the Steelers.

I thought he was all buddy-buddy with the Rooney Family. No love for the Steelers this year even though they are playing against Chicago's arch rival Green Bay?

Of course he stays neutral. PA and WI are swing states (WI more than PA) so if you want to get reelected you don't want to piss off either fan base. If he really is a bears fan I'm sure he hates the pack, but then again most of the country hates the steelers. It could always be he hates them both. Or maybe he's slightly more worried about Egypt on the verge of disaster and hasn't given it much thought.

what did you expect from a limp dick piece of &*#@% that never worked a day in life,had everything given to him,never earning anything on his own,throws his own grandmother under the bus and doesnt even know any of the players on his favorite baseball team.other than that i have no other strong feelings about your president... GO MIT

You should really read Under The Banner of Heaven before you vote.

It is funny...Obama gets **** from everybody, the guy can't win on even the stupidest of things. He is one of the few presidents, ever, who has ever been willing to step out and "pick a winner" in sporting events, and he has gotten nothing but grief for it, from non-supporters, as they try to conjure up controversy out of anything he does, or doesn't do...his wife too... :thumbdown:

Wow i know it's superbowl sunday but some of you should really climb back underneath your rocks.

/stay classy

That really is apropos because with the real unemployment numbers above 15% and all the spending of the Obama administration, about the only thing we're going to be able to afford is to live under rocks.

It is funny...Obama gets **** from everybody, the guy can't win on even the stupidest of things.

You know what makes it SO funny? He's the only president this has ever happened to. No past president has ever gotten **** from everybody, even on the stupdest things. Go back as fas as you want, and every president has pretty much been left alone.

It's probably because Obama is black.

You know what makes it SO funny? He's the only president this has ever happened to. No past president has ever gotten **** from everybody, even on the stupdest things. Go back as fas as you want, and every president has pretty much been left alone.

It's probably because Obama is black.

Careful LA. I posted much the same as your first paragraph when this post was on the main board.

Post got deleted.

I added that this makes the 130th time that he voted "present".

Never mentioned President BO's color.

Thinned skinned apologists just jump at the chance to defend his every action no matter how innocuous or severe or completely bat shite stupid.

Nice inter view Bill. :thumbsup:

I love the dig he took about having J-Lo over and the question about people hating him. That is just hilarious.

I cannot believe Fox just aired that, though. Today of all days lets throw mud on each other, lets get our fun moods spoiled by the idiotic banter of politics on a day we should be able to put it down and celebrate life!

I love the dig he took about having J-Lo over and the question about people hating him. That is just hilarious.

I cannot believe Fox just aired that, though. Today of all days lets throw mud on each other, lets get our fun moods spoiled by the idiotic banter of politics on a day we should be able to put it down and celebrate life!

Yeah I'd agree with that. Keep the politics out of the superbowl.

<br />I love the dig he took about having J-Lo over and the question about people hating him.  That is just hilarious.<br /><br />I cannot believe Fox just aired that, though.  Today of all days lets throw mud on each other, lets get our fun moods spoiled by the idiotic banter of politics on a day we should be able to put it down and celebrate life!<br />
<br /><br /><br /><br />That's what i was thinking... why get into all the Egypt stuff and politics on Super Bowl Sunday?  If you're getting an interview for the pre game show.. keep it light and fun. I'm sure they taped more serious stuff that they can air tomorrow, but today isn't really the time for it. And why all the snide jabs...  just seemed overly dickish to me on a day that's about football. No need to desecrate the holiest day of the year with stuff like that. Edited by Dan

If he really is a bears fan I'm sure he hates the pack

Why do people think this? The Bears-Packers rivalry is NOT like the Bills-Dolphins. There is no buffer zone here... There are many Packers fan that live in harmony with Bears fans. Sure there are many Bears fans who hate the Packers... But it isn't like you think... I know many who absolutely love the Packers too... Just not when playing the Bears.

You gotta remember how close these two teams are. There is a lot of mixing in both areas.

The only thing I can equate this rivalry to is like two high school teams from the same town.

Obama is an outsider just like me... I like BOTH teams and wish them well... The Packers more since the embody more of where I came from (the Bills). You gotta remember, this is all the same region... Milwaukee is only under a 100 miles away... The WI border even closer. Heck, Illinois even pushed the cheesehead border north with slight of hand in Congress right before IL got its statehood.

What I am saying is that there is a lot more respect for the Packer nation among Bears' fan than you think... Many Bears' fans may never admit it openingly... But, IMO it is there.

Heck, the Cubs-Sox rivalry is more heated than this one!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

It is funny...Obama gets **** from everybody, the guy can't win on even the stupidest of things. He is one of the few presidents, ever, who has ever been willing to step out and "pick a winner" in sporting events, and he has gotten nothing but grief for it, from non-supporters, as they try to conjure up controversy out of anything he does, or doesn't do...his wife too... :thumbdown:

He must be pretty out of the loop if he can't even call up Stern to get the results ahead of time. Imagine how good he'd look if he picked Lakers over Magic in 5 and then Lakers over Celtics in 7 all back in Feb of 09.

Thank God the Packers beat the Bears in the NFC Championship game. Just think of the millions in tax payer dollars obama would have spent to go to see "his" Bears in the Super Bowl.

Thank you Green Bay Packers for saving the US tax payer millions of dollars. :beer: