Super Bowl Movie Trailers

Mark Vader

Like Cloverfield? ;)

I'm curious to see what new twist "Battle: Los Angeles" brings to the alien invasion genre.

:bag: I know not of what you speak!!!

Cloverfield is in my top ten of all time most intense experiences in my home theater. I thought that movie was awesome :thumbsup:

:beer: That cheered me up.

:beer: That cheered me up.

Three years ago I was sitting in this room, and it was a fantastic experience. If you look just next to the speaker on the right, that black box is one of the most powerful consumer subwoofers you can buy. That room was about 16x12 with a peaked ceiling. When that monster hit the screen and started throwing sh*t all over the place, it was one of the best times I've ever had in my HT. I loved every minute of that movie.

Three years ago I was sitting in this room, and it was a fantastic experience. If you look just next to the speaker on the right, that black box is one of the most powerful consumer subwoofers you can buy. That room was about 16x12 with a peaked ceiling. When that monster hit the screen and started throwing sh*t all over the place, it was one of the best times I've ever had in my HT. I loved every minute of that movie.

I saw Cloverfield in theatres. I guess the system the theatre I went to had was fairly great, the place was shaking. Loved that movie.

Edited by LeviF91

I saw Cloverfield in theatres. I guess the system the theatre I went to had was fairly great, the place was shaking. Loved that movie.

Whoever was responsible for the sound editing on the film deserved a raise...if it was that intense in my little HT room, I can only imagine how awesome it was in theaters :thumbsup:

Whoever was responsible for the sound editing on the film deserved a raise...if it was that intense in my little HT room, I can only imagine how awesome it was in theaters :thumbsup:

Prior to that movie I had little to no post production experience but watching them mix that flick and hearing them give and take notes about the sound taught me more than I learned in two years of grad school. Listening to the sound editors, mixers, director and the producers discuss exactly what the statue of liberty's head would sound like as it soared through the air was an experience.

Prior to that movie I had little to no post production experience but watching them mix that flick and hearing them give and take notes about the sound taught me more than I learned in two years of grad school. Listening to the sound editors, mixers, director and the producers discuss exactly what the statue of liberty's head would sound like as it soared through the air was an experience.

That is so awesome that you get to do stuff like that for your career...being involved with tv and movies would be like a dream job!

I'm much more of an audio guy than a video guy, and I believe wholeheartedly that the audio can make a film so much more visceral and immersive. I just can't imagine watching a film like Cloverfield on a regular tv on cable or something. Without the audio aspect being allowed to shine, the movie just is less of an experience. But yeah, those guys and gals who worked on Cloverfield knew what they were doing, and people such as myself truly appreciate their efforts and attention to detail :thumbsup:

The trailer that caught my attention most was the one for Super 8. When I saw it was JJ Abrams and S. Spielberg involved, I figured it was likely to be pretty good. HOpe it pans out that way

That trailer was very vague, but my interest has piqued.

One of my sons seemed to take interest in the Captain America and Transformer one

Not me. I am not a special effects kind of guy. I like strange movies with strange dialogue, strange characters and strange plots- "Slingblade", "Precious", "Paris Texas", "The Apostle", "Anita the Swedish Nymphette"

You like the Independent Film scene.

Am I the only one who's not a fan of Snyder? Sucker Punch looks like a seizure waiting to happen ...

I think Snyder is pretty good. "300" was'nt great but it was entertaining. "Watchmen" was outstanding, but it's not for everyone. "Sucker Punch" looks weird, but it looks creative and quite fun.